R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   JP-8 for a Nitro engine???? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/150578-jp-8-nitro-engine.html)

JP-8 DUDE 02-20-2007 10:14 AM

JP-8 for a Nitro engine????

Does anyone know if a Nitro burning engine will run on JP-8 jet fuel?

JP-8 DUDE 02-22-2007 09:05 AM

seriously, not a joke.

This question is not a joke. I am in Iraq, just ordered the Revo 3.3 just to find out that I cannot get nitro shipped here. I have a virtually unlimited supply JP-8 aviation fuel on hand. I was told by the store operator were I orderes the Revo that she heard guys were running there cars on jet fuel.I need to know from the experts here if I really can. I dont want to ruin that KILLER motor

RCRjuanabbe 02-22-2007 05:07 PM

First thing JP 8 has no oil content to lubricate your internals. remember this engines are 2 stroke, oil is mix with the fuel. second, it takes a hotter ignition to set it on fire your glow plug is not enough. that is one of the reason Navy aviation went to JP-8 because of that, lessens the chances of fuel fire shipboard. JP-4 or 5 has a lower point of combustion. third, Jet fuels burns hot, that gives turbine engine the power to spin those high speed turbine blades at supersonic speed which in turns rotates the compressor blades to compress the inlet air to be feed to the combustion chamber(always lit) to mix with JP8 for ignition. at this point your engine will be toast in no time my friend. I'd suggest talk to your dealer if you can have the E-Maxx instead.

P.S. thank you so much for serving our country my Friend. which branch are you in? notice my avatar?

vti-chris 02-23-2007 02:16 AM

He serves for $$$$$$ for US and a few other countries in burden of some innocent people and unfortunately many died because of this.

RCRjuanabbe 02-23-2007 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by vti-chris
He serves for $$$$$$ for US and a few other countries in burden of some innocent people and unfortunately many died because of this.

vti-chris,
Please have a little heart for the guys serving. be thankful that there are people serving so that you can have liberty and freedom,opinion and talk about people who have given it to you at no cost to you. please keep your political views out of RCTECH. :tire: :flaming:

JP-8 DUDE 02-23-2007 08:37 AM

Thanks chief,
I appreciate your inputs. I was thinking about the oils problem, but just wanted to confirm this.

and it's AM1 (AW) how about you?

I will not comment on the others post, I did not come here for that!

vti-chris 02-23-2007 08:44 AM

I don't want to start a fight or any political discussion here, besides i'm not a fun of such...but i served my country, for free, i didn't have an option of NOT doing it... when someone gets paid for doing so(or anything) then it's a job.

Anyway what's done or being done is not important, because we can't do anything about it, politics have taken over everything...thank god we have the nitro :tire: , for now, until they get our remotes too!

RCRjuanabbe 02-23-2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by vti-chris
I don't want to start a fight or any political discussion here, besides i'm not a fun of such...but i served my country, for free, i didn't have an option of NOT doing it... when someone gets paid for doing so(or anything) then it's a job.

Anyway what's done or being done is not important, because we can't do anything about it, politics have taken over everything...thank god we have the nitro :tire: , for now, until they get our remotes too!

Many of us serve on the belief what this country and it's people stands for.
FYI the pay sucks! and you are exactly right this war is being fought here at home politically. that is why I got offended when people go after the SOLDIERS, SAILORS, MARINES, who has nothing to do with decision making process here at home. God bless them..... enough said.. lets go back to some fun stuff..

RCRjuanabbe 02-23-2007 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by JP-8 DUDE
Thanks chief,
I appreciate your inputs. I was thinking about the oils problem, but just wanted to confirm this.

and it's AM1 (AW) how about you?

I will not comment on the others post, I did not come here for that!

AM1,
ADC(AW)....From NAS North Island. are you with HSC 84?
Do not divulge any personal or professional stuff here online. PM me if you have questions.. :tire:

007kel 02-23-2007 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JP-8 DUDE
I cannot get nitro shipped here.

In another RC forum, I used to know a chopper mechanic stationed in Mangaf, Kuwait. He ran Kyosho 777's, and monster trucks over there. He mentioned there was a hobby store there. Forgive me if Kuwait will be too far to order, but maybe this would help find a ntiro fuel source.

Be safe out there.