Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Which gasket does the 2607 use between header and red dot motor? Is it the small gasket?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i suggest you get it from kamikazercracing then
you will certainly get it much quicker + the excellent support

i had to wait over a month for mine. :/
Old 05-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProE
Which gasket does the 2607 use between header and red dot motor? Is it the small gasket?

It is the same one as the manifold for the .12 engine. 7215 is the part number
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any gearing changes for anyone running the mtx4r, skyline pipe, and JL 12?

i got some advice from a fellow racer. it has alot of power to me, i cant imaging the 2607
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gentleman81
any gearing changes for anyone running the mtx4r, skyline pipe, and JL 12?

i got some advice from a fellow racer. it has alot of power to me, i cant imaging the 2607
Just try the 2607 pipe first and figure out if you need a gearing change, you will have a totally different powerband with this pipe.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what's the difference in the power band 2607 vs the skyline?

is the skyline efra approved?

thank you.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Hi TeamKamikaze, do u have replacement pins and clips to hold the conrod for the JLR EVO3? I was checkin ur website, but couldn't find it in the listing.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pelico
Hi TeamKamikaze, do u have replacement pins and clips to hold the conrod for the JLR EVO3? I was checkin ur website, but couldn't find it in the listing.
Yes I do, will post it on the website under engine parts.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I am having a problem with my evo3. I am running a skyline pipe on it. It will run real strong for 3 or 4 laps and then fall on its face for 1/2 a lap then pick back up for 2 or 3 laps. I have tuned it for 2 days and can not get it to stop. Please help? I am thinking it may be the pipe? Please help.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
I am having a problem with my evo3. I am running a skyline pipe on it. It will run real strong for 3 or 4 laps and then fall on its face for 1/2 a lap then pick back up for 2 or 3 laps. I have tuned it for 2 days and can not get it to stop. Please help? I am thinking it may be the pipe? Please help.
I was going to post up a similar question and ask if anybody else has had the same problem, have had mine for over 6-7 months now and had tuning issues from the start, this engine hasn't even had 1.5 ltr's through it yet and just cant for the life of me find out why it wont run, there is an air leak some where, maybe a bodgy front bearing or a hair line crack in the casing somewhere, and yes everything (carby, backplate) has been sealed, have given the engine to others to see if they can get it to run properly to no avail and come back with there is fuel leaking out as the engine mount bolts and side of casing have fuel over them and no there is no fuel leak in the lines, this is very disheartening to me as i'm a low buget racer and cant afford new engines at a drop of a hat, i race with a few guy's that post on here and they have all looked at it and tried tuning it with the same result, there engines all run find and cant understand why is one is a pig, the engine has not been damaged in anyway has it's never been running properly to get it full power on a track with only 1or 2 laps then back in the pits to see whats going on, i sit and read all the posts on here and see you guy's have nothing but praise for this engine (one of the reasons why i got it) and think to myself i must have the only lemon that was produced, not sure what to to do next other than just chuck it in the bin and just give up, this has left a bitter taste in my mouth with the whole nitro scene
Old 05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenville
I was going to post up a similar question and ask if anybody else has had the same problem, have had mine for over 6-7 months now and had tuning issues from the start, this engine hasn't even had 1.5 ltr's through it yet and just cant for the life of me find out why it wont run, there is an air leak some where, maybe a bodgy front bearing or a hair line crack in the casing somewhere, and yes everything (carby, backplate) has been sealed, have given the engine to others to see if they can get it to run properly to no avail and come back with there is fuel leaking out as the engine mount bolts and side of casing have fuel over them and no there is no fuel leak in the lines, this is very disheartening to me as i'm a low buget racer and cant afford new engines at a drop of a hat, i race with a few guy's that post on here and they have all looked at it and tried tuning it with the same result, there engines all run find and cant understand why is one is a pig, the engine has not been damaged in anyway has it's never been running properly to get it full power on a track with only 1or 2 laps then back in the pits to see whats going on, i sit and read all the posts on here and see you guy's have nothing but praise for this engine (one of the reasons why i got it) and think to myself i must have the only lemon that was produced, not sure what to to do next other than just chuck it in the bin and just give up, this has left a bitter taste in my mouth with the whole nitro scene
i have the tuned version, and i know i ran it rich , it just made 5 mins, was a bit boggy, lots of smoke. i have run 3 lts of fuel through it in the practice and qualifiers and semi finals and a 30 min Main, a few weeks ago. i had fuel leaking out of the carb, i did try to seal it, but it still leaked. after 2 lts of fuel, i went to start it for the A Final. it was still so tight it nipped up on the starter box. im putting the fuel leakage down to having it run so rich.
the IDM evo 3 i had made 6 mins, but that also leaked when i was running in. once it freed up and i tuned it properly, the fuel leakage was so minimal i didnt worry about it.
so when you say it doesnt run ? how do you mean ? wont idle, stalls under power, or stalls backing off ? if there is a problem with a crankcase or something, where did you buy it ? can they offer you something, or picco themselves ?
Old 05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Are you sure it is the engine that is giving you tuning issues? some other things that are often over looked will cause the problem you are having,:
*2 speed maybe shifting way too early.
*Throttle servo maybe going bad, sometimes your carburetor opens all the way sometimes it won't.
*check the inside of the pipe maybe a chunk of exhaust seal is plugging the stinger.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 05-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It does 2 or so laps and then just loses all power, IT"S NOT LEAKING FROM THE CARBY OR FUEL LINE. have try 3 other carby's and have had the same drama's, 2 fellow racers have put it in there cars and same thing happens, just a little pissed off about the whole thing while watching others with the same engine have no problems what so ever and them telling me mine should run like there's, we have sealed up all possible air leaks on the engine, it was bought new along with another (which i'm not even going to touch till ive worked out this problem), what shyts me the most is i go to race pay my fee's and end up a spectator for the day, even though ppl have tried to help i cant expect them to give up there race day to keep helping me out, looks like it will have a new home at the land fill, i haven't yet contacted where i bought the engine from, sorry to those that have nothing but praise for this engine, i'm just venting my fustrations about the whole episode
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenville
It does 2 or so laps and then just loses all power, IT"S NOT LEAKING FROM THE CARBY OR FUEL LINE. have try 3 other carby's and have had the same drama's, 2 fellow racers have put it in there cars and same thing happens, just a little pissed off about the whole thing while watching others with the same engine have no problems what so ever and them telling me mine should run like there's, we have sealed up all possible air leaks on the engine, it was bought new along with another (which i'm not even going to touch till ive worked out this problem), what shyts me the most is i go to race pay my fee's and end up a spectator for the day, even though ppl have tried to help i cant expect them to give up there race day to keep helping me out, looks like it will have a new home at the land fill, i haven't yet contacted where i bought the engine from, sorry to those that have nothing but praise for this engine, i'm just venting my fustrations about the whole episode
i would suggest to contact the supplier asap, vent some of that frustration on them. also what i was trying to say before, was untill the motor is run in properly, then its hard to race tune it, as it keeps changing. 3lts of fuel it took for mine, and its still tight. when the engine is at temp i can turn the flywheel now and feel a slight resistance at tdc.
also see if you can try a different motor in your car, it could be something weird causing this. pipe and 2 speed as Kamakaze just explained. sometimes the worst problems have a simple solution.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Just try the 2607 pipe first and figure out if you need a gearing change, you will have a totally different powerband with this pipe.
thanks sir

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.