Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qcrc
Glad that I could help. Hope that you like the motor. I love mine!
I'm sure anybody who tried the JL Red Dot motor will love it.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I think you still may have had some fuel in the engine, that will cause it to lock up!
Osiris, what is the best way to remove the fuel from the engine? Alright, I put the engine back in and buttoned everything up. Went to start it and could not get it going. I put a new plug in and no dice. It appears that the fuel is not being drawn from the tank. It will crank while on the box but will not get going. Sigh. It is almost beyond my knowledge now. I may have to take it to my LHS for some help. Any more suggestions on this topic?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NitroNubee
Osiris, what is the best way to remove the fuel from the engine? Alright, I put the engine back in and buttoned everything up. Went to start it and could not get it going. I put a new plug in and no dice. It appears that the fuel is not being drawn from the tank. It will crank while on the box but will not get going. Sigh. It is almost beyond my knowledge now. I may have to take it to my LHS for some help. Any more suggestions on this topic?

Try this: plug the exhaust stinger for 2-3 seconds while starting it, this way the pressure from the exhaust will force the fuel to the carburetor.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Try this: plug the exhaust stinger for 2-3 seconds while starting it, this way the pressure from the exhaust will force the fuel to the carburetor.
And replace your fuel tubing.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Anybody have carb problems? I had to replace mine with another carb to get through my race day. It ran great for the end of break-in. It wouldn't start today and when it finally did it wouldn't stay running. I suspect an oring problem. It did run great after the carb swap!! Fastest stock engine I've owned. Great linear power in my NT1 with 30% Byrons, 2067 pipe.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Anybody have carb problems? I had to replace mine with another carb to get through my race day. It ran great for the end of break-in. It wouldn't start today and when it finally did it wouldn't stay running. I suspect an oring problem. It did run great after the carb swap!! Fastest stock engine I've owned. Great linear power in my NT1 with 30% Byrons, 2067 pipe.
If it is an O Ring problem in the carb, then give OFNA a call, I guaranty it will be taken care off right away.

Sam
Old 08-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And replace your fuel tubing.
You might have been right on! I found a small pinch in my line from the pipe. Then I put in a fuel filter (not sure that did it). BUT, I charged everything over night and it fired on the first try! Now I need some new shoes to get all that power working for me! Any suggestions for tires on concrete?

Sam: When I tried that trick, it would reach the carb but drain back into the tank. All's well again! If I can get some traction, I will let it eat!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

My first raceday with the red dot. Came in third in the A.
Engine ran good, plenty of zip coming out of corners, which is very good because of our small track.
The only car that passed me on the straight was the same kind of car with a wasp. My main setting or my shift point must be off.
no leaking problems
Nubee:
What kind of vehicle is it in?
I run a Serpent 710 and use 35 shore Jaco foams all around
Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is the optimal temp on this engine? I leaned it and was getting temps at or around 235.....power on tap and I know I have room to reach. She was a bit gurgly on the low end, but when she hit mid-track and stretched her legs, she was screaming. I want more scream on the bottom and understand this isnt the snappiest engine from low to mid....what can I to make it punch a little harder on the bottom so I wont have to stretch her all the way into the turns??? Running O'donnel 30, Jaco 35 all around.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

bxpitbull, setup your clutch to get more bottom. this engine has heaps of bottom end and generally you would need to gear up for it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
What is the optimal temp on this engine? I leaned it and was getting temps at or around 235.....power on tap and I know I have room to reach. She was a bit gurgly on the low end, but when she hit mid-track and stretched her legs, she was screaming. I want more scream on the bottom and understand this isnt the snappiest engine from low to mid....what can I to make it punch a little harder on the bottom so I wont have to stretch her all the way into the turns??? Running O'donnel 30, Jaco 35 all around.
What pipe are you running it with?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

I am running the THS 1015T. One of my guys is running this pipe with his Novarossi **I dont know what engine it is ** and his car is a rocket. I set-up the clutch according to the default settings in the manual. I'll figure out what I should do with the clutch this before this weekend. I know when she opens up from mid to top, she is a bat out of hell.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am running the THS 1015T. One of my guys is running this pipe with his Novarossi **I dont know what engine it is ** and his car is a rocket. I set-up the clutch according to the default settings in the manual. I'll figure out what I should do with the clutch this before this weekend. I know when she opens up from mid to top, she is a bat out of hell.
You absolutely have the wrong pipe for the engine. Any other pipe than the Picco 2607 will choke the engine..
Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

You absolutely have the wrong pipe for the engine. Any other pipe than the Picco 2607 will choke the engine..
Word? Is this the general consensus? Is this pretty much the same pipe everyone here is running? If by a "show of hands" this is the case, I will snatch this thing out of my car so fast, it'll make your head spin. I have time anyways, I wrecked my car while praticing. Will more than likely buy Fastharry's NIB Hara R40. But in the meantime in between time, further comments or suggestions on the pipe...thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Word? Is this the general consensus? Is this pretty much the same pipe everyone here is running? If by a "show of hands" this is the case, I will snatch this thing out of my car so fast, it'll make your head spin. I have time anyways, I wrecked my car while praticing. Will more than likely buy Fastharry's NIB Hara R40. But in the meantime in between time, further comments or suggestions on the pipe...thanks
the 2607 pipe is best for this picco base engine or if you can the mugen NR2501
also good(more top end)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.