Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll be breaking one in too. The motor is getting very popular.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I'll be breaking one in too. The motor is getting very popular.
It's about time
Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Today was my first day out at the local track with my Picco JLR.12RED DOT after breaking the motor in which was the easiest I've every seen all I can say is WOW this motor is BALLISTIC so much power it is unreal by far the best motor I've owned to this day Not to mention special thank's to Jeffery Lin(Sponsor Ofna driver for Picco) for helping me tune and set the clutch much appreciated. Can't wait to the upcoming Airtronics Race this week.

Last edited by Ivan Dickson; 03-18-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Jeffrey Lin

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Today was my first day out at the local track with my Picco JLR.12RED DOT after breaking the motor in which was the easiest I've every seen all I can say is WOW this motor is BALLISTIC so much power it is unreal by far the best motor I've owned to this day Not to mention special that's to Jeffery Lin(Sponsor Ofna driver for Picco) for helping me tune and set the clutch much appreciated. Can't wait to the upcoming Airtronics Race this week.
I spoke with Jeffrey on the phone before buying the motor, and have yet to get a chance to break it in and try it. I will say this.........He's really a terriffic guy and spent his time answering all my questions about the motor. This is a huge plus in my book. To find people as helpful as he is in the RC Industry, speaks volumes of the person. I sure don't mind one bit trying and supporting his motor.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a weekend had a ton of fun as always my car felt extremely good and I had plenty of power with a Jl Redot Murnan Modified great combination with Werks Fuel. The Kyosho RRR Evo WCE was very stable and easy to drive and allowed me to set the Tq in sedan. Would have like to have done better in the main, but there is always a next time. The track what can I say Awesome. Gary and David always put on a great show and thank you to them and to all there help it is great to see people give to others as they have done by adding this track to our www.Forgass.com series. Congratulations to all the Winners and Paolo Morganti 1/8 and Danny Horta Sedan…looking forward to the SFL roundup on memorial day weekend I will definitely be there and would highly recommend others to attend this race you will enjoy. Special shout out to Wayne A-Main Hinds way to go and all the fellas you know who you are.
Forgass state race 7 is in the bag and it was fun…Would like to thank all my sponsors Kyosho America, Werks fuels and Motors, Murnan Modifieds, Javier Body Works, 2mm Designs, and PnP Hobbies 321-723-7318
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Good to see Picco JL Red Dot power TQ in such major competition that motor is off the hook fast.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
I spoke with Jeffrey on the phone before buying the motor, and have yet to get a chance to break it in and try it. I will say this.........He's really a terriffic guy and spent his time answering all my questions about the motor. This is a huge plus in my book. To find people as helpful as he is in the RC Industry, speaks volumes of the person. I sure don't mind one bit trying and supporting his motor.
All I can say, Jeffry Lin is #1 in my book. A helpful racer that promotes wellness in the RC community. I also spoke to Jeffry about the motor before purchasing and was sold after talking to him. I wish all sponsored racer were as helpful. Good to see that everyone is having success with this motor. I hope to turn some heads this coming weekend at my local track and maybe increase the already explosive sells of this inexpensive motor.

Has anyone tried the Picco 51900 pipe with this motor yet? Looking for gobbs of bottom end on a tight track. Thank you in advance.

Ken Dubb
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I bought a JL red dot today. Hope this is a good choice. Want breakin this weekend. But I am not sure which nitro % best for this engine is. Can anyone give me advise about this. I am thinking of %25. Is it to much? Normally we using in europe %16 .
Old 03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi Guys,

I bought a JL red dot today. Hope this is a good choice. Want breakin this weekend. But I am not sure which nitro % best for this engine is. Can anyone give me advise about this. I am thinking of %25. Is it to much? Normally we using in europe %16 .
The JL Red Dot comes readily shimmed for up to 30% nitro, so using 25% will be just fine.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
The JL Red Dot comes readily shimmed for up to 30% nitro, so using 25% will be just fine.
are you guys open till 8 tonight? Might just have to come and buy one to see what all the hype is about especially for the price of it.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
oh men watch it Ivan on the move, with a JL he will be unstoppable
YGPM
Old 03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

What is the JL Red Dot web site?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Is it same as the Picco web? What is Picco web address?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Is it same as the Picco web? What is Picco web address?
Teampicco.com
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teabag
are you guys open till 8 tonight? Might just have to come and buy one to see what all the hype is about especially for the price of it.
Yes, I am open till 8:00PM, you should buy and try one, you won't be disappointed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.