R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #916
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
teammates? oh okay you are the waterboy.
Waterboy! that's funny

Okay enough of this, you guys are spamming the thread, let's go back to normal posting.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #917
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Walter,

I thought Sam sold IDM's as well? I just wonder why he does not push as hard to sell them as he does the JL on every post every day.

Just curious,
All I do is answer questions that a Racer may have in this thread, I don't tell them what to buy or what not to buy, Racers have their choice of what they want and of course in this thread JL customers ask questions about JL's not about Idm's, so how do you expect me to do when they ask questions about JL's? one thing I never do in this thread is talk about other motors, that is why this thread is titled JL Racing .12, or certainly don't go to the Idm thread and talk about JL's, hope that make sense to you. We both know that Idm's are kick ass engines, as you should know that I was the first one to import the Idm line to the US last year and have sold a lot since I introduced it in the US and Jerry knew about it before he took over.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #918
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Waterboy! that's funny

Okay enough of this, you guys are spamming the thread, let's go back to normal posting.
i think the REAL funny thing is YOU talking about spamming.........
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #919
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The truth of the matter is that the performance of the engine speaks for it self, people that run the JL dont need to go into IDM's thread and say how their engines are better than others. I've seen JLs winning all the time, but I havent seen IDM win yet.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #920
Tech Apprentice

stefan aka mamon stay way from this thread waterboy.
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 AM   #921
Tech Regular

Default Stefan & E.Rocha

Truce...............or take your insults to pm's please. This is a thread about JL motors.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #922
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is pretty sad. I have been gone for a few days and this thread is blown up. The end. JL in the JL and IDM in the IDM. This is pretty sad when we are talking about TOY CARS AND TOY MOTORS!!!! I cannot believe that you all are beating each other up over this. Thanks for the understanding with this post. We need to keep this down and all know it. It makes us all look like kids and this is not the way we should be handling it.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #923
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
The crankcases now are the same. This is true your backplate is different as well. The crankshaft is also different the reddot has a larger diameter intake track then the IDM this was tested and found not to be as good of performance according to Daniele this is why he stayed with the smaller bore. Also the carbs are different the reddot has the older style composite carb while the IDM evo3 has the new style insulated. There are alot of differences to the IDM to the JL. Not in anyway saying that the JL is a bad engine but the saying has held true to this point being that you get what you pay for. The piston/Sleeve set is also different. Other then the modification the fitting of the components are also different. That is the reason we have motors out there with 7 gallons through them. There are many, many, many engines out on the market that are good and these are just a few of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
This is pretty sad. I have been gone for a few days and this thread is blown up. The end. JL in the JL and IDM in the IDM. This is pretty sad when we are talking about TOY CARS AND TOY MOTORS!!!! I cannot believe that you all are beating each other up over this. Thanks for the understanding with this post. We need to keep this down and all know it. It makes us all look like kids and this is not the way we should be handling it.

Wow look who's talking.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #924
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Wow look who's talking.
I am not getting into a contest with you Sam. This may work with others not with me. I am sorry but there was nothing in those posts that reflected porrly other then stating that we do not need to be posting these things. Sorry again if you do not understand that.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #925
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sam, going to start running in a engine this weekend, any do or don'ts with this engine or tips, any favorite run in methods
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #926
Tech Champion

Just do the traditional First tank on Idle, then let it cool down with the piston on the bottom, 2nd tank half throttle with a very rich setting, then immediately go to the third tank on full throttle with the same very rich setting, do this for 3 to 4 tanks then start running it on the track leaning it out 1 hour at a time for each tank until race tuned.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #927
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
Sam, going to start running in a engine this weekend, any do or don'ts with this engine or tips, any favorite run in methods
Getting it ready for Sunday Rob?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #928
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
Yeah it is, but it is a very lite oil, i use it for bearings and stuff heaps cheaper than R/C branded oils, thought that was the case to stretch the gasket as that's what i did before asking
Here are some pic's of it in the Flesh

damn it looks good. engine casting quality now adays is so much better with these cheaper engines now...not to mention most engines are bloody cheap now adays as well, you can get a good motor for only $300 aussie
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 AM   #929
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well Tom this was well under 300$ ozzie dollars, not sure if were going to make it Sunday, was happy with the way the Mega ran still needs a bit more tuning but nether the less quite happy indeed
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #930
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
damn it looks good. engine casting quality now adays is so much better with these cheaper engines now...not to mention most engines are bloody cheap now adays as well, you can get a good motor for only $300 aussie
The only reason the price is so low is because the owner of OFNA wants everybody to be able to afford racing RC cars with a motor that is as fast as a motor that is priced higher, there is nothing cheap about this motor. this motor is worth more than US$300.00 in quality and performance.