R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Stefan ygpm
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #902
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This is getting like who's got the biggest and best "Woody", maybe to settle this would be to get someone independent of both engines to dyno both and let the results speak for themselves, of cause and no offence intended each importer/supplier of a particular engine is going to say there's is better it's human nature, i have no problems running a generic branded engine if it does the same and is 1/2 the price, just my 2c + GST = 5c worth
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #903
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
This is getting like who's got the biggest and best "Woody", maybe to settle this would be to get someone independent of both engines to dyno both and let the results speak for themselves, of cause and no offence intended each importer/supplier of a particular engine is going to say there's is better it's human nature, i have no problems running a generic branded engine if it does the same and is 1/2 the price, just my 2c + GST = 5c worth
The first gen Red Dot is fast................period. This new gen. should be faster with the new improvements what ever they are. I won't buy an IDM because of the price even though I want one. I have a stock red dot and a Murnan red dot. I had to force myself to put in the Murnan at the Kyosho race because I was happy with the performance of the stock but I knew I needed a little more power. $179.00 is an unbeatable price for the performance you get.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #904
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
The first gen Red Dot is fast................period. This new gen. should be faster with the new improvements what ever they are. I won't buy an IDM because of the price even though I want one. I have a stock red dot and a Murnan red dot. I had to force myself to put in the Murnan at the Kyosho race because I was happy with the performance of the stock but I knew I needed a little more power. $179.00 is an unbeatable price for the performance you get.
Now that is what I called SMART.
JL RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #905
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
My point is they now look the same on the outside from the photos I've seen. I would like to see some photos of the inside.It would be nice to see photos side by side to see actually where and what is different.

Make sense?

I am in Houston maybe I can get Jeffy to show me his Red dot because we know its "bone stock" and I will take apart an IDM so we can take a couple of pics so people can see what isdifferent.

Brad
Hi Brad, I don't think that is a good idea for any of the companies to say that both motors are the same, because the price isn't; it will make either of the company look bad in front of the customers and I'm sure that that wasn't your intention.
I can talk about the JL's because I've been running them for a while, and all I can say is that I don't need more than a stock JL to be competitive at the races, and that since I start running them I have lost the feeling of I'm down on power.
You can talk about the IDM since that is what you run and I'm sure that is a good engine since it is made by PICCO as the JL is.
If JL and IDM are made by PICCO, that means JL and IDM are brothers; and everybody knows that brothers looks similar but they are not the same.

Last edited by wad; 11-09-2007 at 12:11 AM.
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM   #906
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenville View Post
Aren't you happy with your JL EVO 3, you are actually one of the first to get the new motors.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #907
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad View Post
If JL and IDM are made by PICCO, that means JL and IDM are brothers; and everybody knows that brothers looks similar but they are not the same person.

JL = Priced Right and proven to be a FAST motor
Idm = Also proven to be a FAST motor but...........you can buy 2 JL's for the price of 1 Idm.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #908
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yeah, you read what i have said the wrong way, my woody(IDM) is better than your woody(JLR), I'm more than happy with what i bought, if the moon was closer I'd be jumping over it, as you know i have 2 for the price of one, so you tell me who's getting the spikey end of the pineapple, it's not me that's for sure, no-one likes a cheaper priced product doing the job over a higher priced one, I'm sure if both were dyno'd they would be similar, i bet there is more than one engine out in the market place that are the same but branded different,
Sam i have no regrets getting these engines and can't wait to have at least one running soon, been raining here for the last 5 day's and there's a 2 day race meet tomorrow so i have to run with my other engines, don't fret my friend all is good in the land down under
Mugenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 AM   #909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad View Post
Hi Brad, I don't think that is a good idea for any of the companies to say that both motors are the same, because the price isn't; it will make either of the company look bad in front of the customers and I'm sure that that wasn't your intention.
I can talk about the JL's because I've been running them for a while, and all I can say is that I don't need more than a stock JL to be competitive at the races, and that since I start running them I have lost the feeling of I'm down on power.
You can talk about the IDM since that is what you run and I'm sure that is a good engine since it is made by PICCO as the JL is.
If JL and IDM are made by PICCO, that means JL and IDM are brothers; and everybody knows that brothers looks similar but they are not the same.
Logout
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #910
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Brad accidentally posted under my name

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 11-09-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #911
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default IDM and JL

Walter,
I am not trying to make either company look bad. I am trying to say that yes they are "brothers" in the same way a Chevy Tahoe is a bother to the Cadillac Escalade and yes they have a lot of the same facial characteristics but definetely do not sharethe same price.
For some people the Tahoe is just fine, some people prefer the Escalade for their own personal reasons.

I thought Sam sold IDM's as well? I just wonder why he does not push as hard to sell them as he does the JL on every post every day.

Just curious,
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #912
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought Sam sold IDM's as well? I just wonder why he does not push as hard to sell them as he does the JL on every post every day.

Just curious,[/QUOTE]

I have been sitting on the sidelines watching this unfold. Maybe the reason Sam talks more about certain items, is he wants to give the racer a good choice with the best bang for the buck. I personally have not met him, but know people who have and he is always willing to help. I am sure if you want another engine, he will certainly sell you what you want.

I never would get a Picco prior to this year after seeing all the tuning issues with prior engines through the years. But I always noticed they were fast. Personally, I love the version 1. I put 4 galls in till I hit a tuning issue. Turns out it was just an air leak due to a ripped o-ring. Engine still has plenty of life. Compression feels real close to when I broke it in too. I actually got another right before it got cold here and broke it in for next year. If Ofna can put out a quality engine for such a reasonable price, it goes to show the greed of some other companies. Oh, I have used most other major brands, I will not list since it is never my intention to bash anyone or any product.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #913
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
What you know about engines? you think you smart? I think you dumb.
all you do is bash on most thread, you got notin good to do, I don't think you talk to Ielasi because Italians hates Germans
You dum.f.ck, Daniele and I are team mates.

He's also the boyfriend of our fast girl in the team.

www.scuderia-fun-and-drive.com (Mitglieder)

Oh, and Italians and Germans get along very well. Brush up on your history
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #914
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
You dum.f.ck, Daniele and I are team mates.

He's also the boyfriend of our fast girl in the team.

www.scuderia-fun-and-drive.com (Mitglieder)

Oh, and Italians and Germans get along very well. Brush up on your history
teammates? oh okay you are the waterboy.
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #915
Nitro Tech

Be gentle please!

When you click the Report button,please think about the moderator's family.....ha.....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote