R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #781
Tech Apprentice

Hi Team Kamikaze,

Um I just want to know somthing from you. I've visited your website and saw that the stuff is pretty cheap compared to many other stores, so I'm thinking of ordering from you in the later future.
I live is Austria, and my LHS sells the Serpent 720 for about $200 more than you do. Do you know why this is?

I wanted to know if the Mega ZX12 piston/sleeve and conrod would work with the Ofna JL 12 engine becuase my LHS sells them but the engines are much more expensive than yours so if I purchase it, I would need to know if the stuff here works on it.

Please help me out.
luismx123
luismx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #782
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hi Team Kamikaze,

Um I just want to know somthing from you. I've visited your website and saw that the stuff is pretty cheap compared to many other stores, so I'm thinking of ordering from you in the later future.
I live is Austria, and my LHS sells the Serpent 720 for about $200 more than you do. Do you know why this is?

I wanted to know if the Mega ZX12 piston/sleeve and conrod would work with the Ofna JL 12 engine becuase my LHS sells them but the engines are much more expensive than yours so if I purchase it, I would need to know if the stuff here works on it.

Please help me out.
luismx123
That means you can go ahead buy from my website because the products are priced to sell, also as to avoid the confusion why are you worried about the piston/sleeve, and you are talking about the engines being more expensive??? I am confused, if everything is cheaper here then buy it from here.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #783
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Um ok I'll try to make it easier to understand.

At my LHS, a Mega ZX12 cost about $300, but at your store, it costs $180 for the Red Dot. They do also sell the conrods and piston/sleeve at my LHS for all Mega engines.
Shipping is a problem because I live in Austria, Europe, and my LHS does not sell the Red Dot engine, so buying conrods every few weeks from you will be very expensive.
I'm just asking that if I buy your Red Dot, and ship it to Austria, would I be able to use the piston/sleeve and conrod from a Mega ZX12 engine on the Red Dot?

All in all, does the Mega ZX12 and Ofna JL12 use the same piston/sleeve and conrod?

luismx123
luismx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #784
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hi,

Um ok I'll try to make it easier to understand.

At my LHS, a Mega ZX12 cost about $300, but at your store, it costs $180 for the Red Dot. They do also sell the conrods and piston/sleeve at my LHS for all Mega engines.
Shipping is a problem because I live in Austria, Europe, and my LHS does not sell the Red Dot engine, so buying conrods every few weeks from you will be very expensive.
I'm just asking that if I buy your Red Dot, and ship it to Austria, would I be able to use the piston/sleeve and conrod from a Mega ZX12 engine on the Red Dot?

All in all, does the Mega ZX12 and Ofna JL12 use the same piston/sleeve and conrod?

luismx123
The Piston/sleeve should fit, but haven't tried it, but the con-rod will fit because I can say that the con rod is the same. you should buy a couple of extra con-rod when you buy the JL that way you save money on shipping.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #785
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I went to the track to finish braking it in. Had a good time with it. Still running it rich and was fast as expected. Gotta love this engine. A JP was a little faster, but I never leaned it out to really find out esp since I only have a little more than 1/8 gal in it. Sam, shimmed like you said. I just took it apart and everything looks great. Too bad I live in NY. If my wife gets her wish, I may be in Fl for next season.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #786
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO View Post
Well, I went to the track to finish braking it in. Had a good time with it. Still running it rich and was fast as expected. Gotta love this engine. A JP was a little faster, but I never leaned it out to really find out esp since I only have a little more than 1/8 gal in it. Sam, shimmed like you said. I just took it apart and everything looks great. Too bad I live in NY. If my wife gets her wish, I may be in Fl for next season.
1/8 gallon is about 6 or 7 tanks of fuel, all I can say is "Lean That Shit"
Old 10-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #787
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
1/8 gallon is about 6 or 7 tanks of fuel, all I can say is "Lean That Shit"
Oops even worse, about 1/4 gal. Don't get me wrong, I was at the 240 or so range and I know my other ran great at 260-270 or so. I do not tune by temps but I like to see the numbers, beside, I do not even own a temp gun. I noticed the low end like it rich.. I did the pinch test and it ran too long. I started leaning the bottom, but had an adverse affect. So I went with it that way.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #788
Tech Champion

Quote:
Oops even worse, about 1/4 gal. Don't get me wrong, I was at the 240 or so range and I know my other ran great at 260-270 or so. I do not tune by temps but I like to see the numbers, beside, I do not even own a temp gun. I noticed the low end like it rich.. I did the pinch test and it ran too long. I started leaning the bottom, but had an adverse affect. So I went with it that way.
All I can say is the motor is ready
Old 10-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #789
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It does like a rather rich low end needle. Just richen it until the idle settles nicely when coming back down from WOT.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #790
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
It does like a rather rich low end needle. Just richen it until the idle settles nicely when coming back down from WOT.
Thanks, That was the way I approached it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #791
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks, That was the way I approached it.
So did you lean it out yet?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #792
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboleda View Post
I'm somewhat interested in the red dot for next season but I'd like to know if any dyno data is available. I've observed that many engines are highly regarded by enthusiastic buyers and in the end, it's hard to really compare the characteristics of the engines. Here are my levels of importance, do you think this is a good engine for me?

Price: Low (The importance is low, meaning I'm willing to spend $$)
Reliability: High
Torque: High (Very important on our small track)
Top-End: Low (It's a small track!)
Longevity: Medium
I will have a X-Dyno sheet probably sometime next week on the Red Dot with the 2607 pipe set. I will post them up as soon as I get the pipe in and get it on the dyno.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Question for anyone running the Jammin CRT.5 I just picked one up and bought a JL Offroad version..
All you guys swear by the Picco pipe.. and that it brings it to life will this pipe mount up to the Jammin Header and will the long header affect the pipes performance... I had a X12 Ofna pipe but it will not line up..
Or if anyone knows the O.D. of the Picco pipe that would help as well..

Looking forward to breakin and a great indoor season.
Robert
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #794
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rregl0612 View Post
Question for anyone running the Jammin CRT.5 I just picked one up and bought a JL Offroad version..
All you guys swear by the Picco pipe.. and that it brings it to life will this pipe mount up to the Jammin Header and will the long header affect the pipes performance... I had a X12 Ofna pipe but it will not line up..
Or if anyone knows the O.D. of the Picco pipe that would help as well..

Looking forward to breakin and a great indoor season.
Robert
You need to use the JP5 Jammin pipe with the CRT.5, the JP5 is tailor made for the CRT.5, the PICCO pipe only applies to on-road Touring cars when we swear by it, also the PICCO is way too long for the CRT.5.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #795
Tech Regular

Default Picco 2607

I'm hoping someone will carry the mega picco pipe alone. In most cases, the header far outlasts the pipe. Maybe Team Kamikazee has a line on this.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote