R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #526
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NitroNubee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Just inspect your head button, if there is sign of detonation (sandblast) then add a .01mm shim, if it is perfectly smooth and shiny then leave it alone.

How soon after break-in should you inspect the head button for this condition? I just bought some Byron's 30% for this engine. Will this be a good match with the JLR?

Thanks!
NitroNubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #527
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

i havent inspected anything and prob wont, once you remove the factory torque from the engien head they never seem to work the same in my opinion
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #528
Tech Addict
 
Dreddlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I ran the motor again this weekend for the RC Pro Series race this past weekend and I could not be happier with the performance of this motor. Day 1 I ran into a few mechanical problems after a few hard tractions rolls, so it was tough getting the car around the track, but day 2 I got things back together and all I can say is wow. I know it was quik but other racers confirmed that this engine has some legs. And the run time is amazing. This engine really likes to be geared up. It has plenty of low end grunt to jump out of the corners. Thanks to Kamikaze for the hook up. Make sure you guys that are on the fence about getting this engine get one before the price jumps up.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #529
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNubee View Post
How soon after break-in should you inspect the head button for this condition? I just bought some Byron's 30% for this engine. Will this be a good match with the JLR?

Thanks!
Inspect it after a hard run, yes Byron 30% is a good match, just make sure you don't overheat the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
I ran the motor again this weekend for the RC Pro Series race this past weekend and I could not be happier with the performance of this motor. Day 1 I ran into a few mechanical problems after a few hard tractions rolls, so it was tough getting the car around the track, but day 2 I got things back together and all I can say is wow. I know it was quik but other racers confirmed that this engine has some legs. And the run time is amazing. This engine really likes to be geared up. It has plenty of low end grunt to jump out of the corners. Thanks to Kamikaze for the hook up. Make sure you guys that are on the fence about getting this engine get one before the price jumps up.
Yo Kelley,
Good to hear that you are having fun with your motor.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #530
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NitroNubee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Inspect it after a hard run, yes Byron 30% is a good match, just make sure you don't overheat the motor.
What would an overheating temperature? What should the optimum running temp be on these engines?

TIA.....
NitroNubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #531
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNubee View Post
What would an overheating temperature? What should the optimum running temp be on these engines?

TIA.....
300 F degrees and up
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #532
Tech Addict
 
Dreddlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

For those that have been asking, the best pipe to use for the JL is this one:http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=P1-7355 You can't go wrong with this combo. Any of you guys from 301 looking for something extra for that straight, you need to check Sam and get one of these.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #533
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NitroNubee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
300 F degrees and up
Wow Sam! That sounds awfully high. But I would guess you should know!
NitroNubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #534
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
300 F degrees and up
300 F degrees is way to hot... You'll blow your engine and everything inside....02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #535
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNubee View Post
Wow Sam! That sounds awfully high. But I would guess you should know!
I did not clarify enough, I mean 300 F degree is the overheating temperature not optimum performance temp optimum will be anywhere from 200 F to 235 F with plenty of smoke coming out of the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNubee View Post
What would an overheating temperature?
TIA.....
I was answering to this question (above). I do know that 300 is high, that is why it is called "overheating", nice remarks there Alan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan View Post
300 F degrees is way to hot... You'll blow your engine and everything inside....02

RC_Alan
by the way there are some motors there that do run 300 F degree and they don't blow up as you said. maybe other engine brands does but not the JL's.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 06-27-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Brief explanation
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #536
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
I did not clarify enough, I mean 300 F degree is the overheating temperature not optimum performance temp optimum will be anywhere from 200 F to 235 F with plenty of smoke coming out of the exhaust.


I was answering to this question (above). I do know that 300 is high, that is why it is called "overheating", nice remarks there Alan!



by the way there are some motors there that do run 300 F degree and they don't blow up as you said.
True, but for Joe racer... ie... the average Joe... They should try to stay clear of running any .12 motor near or past 300*... The issue is longivity and running at that temp for any length of time... That motor will not last long at all and that's a fact. $180.00-200.00 may not seem like alot to some, but to other's, is still a great sum of money to see there motor washed out because they ran there motors at 300* and being very pissed at there now lost investment. See you later at the shop... I need to pick up a few things for my 720...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 AM   #537
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Cool I will double the price for whatever you need just because of your comment j/k
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #538
Tech Initiate
 
Taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 49
Default JL red dot

Hi,

I can agree team kamikaze. You can really run this engine up to 300 F. I had the best performance at 266 F (130 c) . Under this temp. was the engine fast but not competative with JP's or other expensive engines. We are running 1 hour finals and I had no problem with this high temp. The engine is over 2 galons and still in very good conditions. the picco engines loves high temperatures.
Taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #539
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taner View Post
Hi,

I can agree team kamikaze. You can really run this engine up to 300 F. I had the best performance at 266 F (130 c) . Under this temp. was the engine fast but not competative with JP's or other expensive engines. We are running 1 hour finals and I had no problem with this high temp. The engine is over 2 galons and still in very good conditions. the picco engines loves high temperatures.
What pipe combo are you running your JL with?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #540
Tech Initiate
 
Taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
What pipe combo are you running your JL with?
I am runnig with skyline vr 12 plus and using %25 nitro (mugen fuel)
Taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Stuff Much More, Xray, GS Racing,Peak Racing Pro Models R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-27-2007 09:41 AM
FS: Savage hop-ups.THS.Trinity.Hardcore Racing.Robinson Racing.HPI.Hitec factory racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 06-23-2006 05:17 AM
2006 Hobbytown Oshkosh Off Road Racing Season Opener FREE RACING!!! Zac R Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 18 05-23-2006 11:37 PM
HMS Racing - Sole distributor Nova TOP, REX & JP Racing engines hmsracing Malaysian R/C Racers 58 03-15-2005 09:40 PM
Racing Model Sailboats - Strategy and Racing at its Finest rcinsight Web Links 0 01-08-2005 01:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net