R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   JL Racing .12 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/135707-jl-racing-12-a.html)

Racing4Evo 12-16-2006 05:14 PM

This motor looks really good. I haven't seen one blow up a glow plug or not make an easy 5 minutes. Picco is making a comeback!

luketob 12-18-2006 11:40 PM

I've been running this motor for a while now and this motor performs really smooth power band, it's got great bottom and top end and I used the same plug since Vegas region 12, CP & revelation toys for tots with no problem. There were 4 guys running the engine in A main rev TFT, Jeffry, Chris, Roel and me. When it tunes rights, this motor really screams and could idle all day long with no problem.

razzor 12-19-2006 12:24 AM

Are these motors available through OFNA only or are they an indipendent company.

Team Kamikaze 12-20-2006 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by razzor
Are these motors available through OFNA only or are they an indipendent company.

OFNA and OFNA's Distributor only

afm 12-30-2006 10:11 AM

Crankshaft

What is the internal bore diameter of the crankshaft ??? is the turbo scoop worked to connect the inside of the bore?? In other words is it old EFRA rules matched or is it worked to match IFMAR / ROAR rules??

AFM

Grinder 12-30-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by afm
What is the internal bore diameter of the crankshaft ??? is the turbo scoop worked to connect the inside of the bore?? In other words is it old EFRA rules matched or is it worked to match IFMAR / ROAR rules??

AFM

The engine is EFRA legal. < 7mm bore.

afm 12-30-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Grinder
The engine is EFRA legal. < 7mm bore.

Thanks Uriah, so it is the Picco Evo II Edo crank in there, which has a starting inner dia. of 9mm, then it gradually reduces to 7mm

You had a chance to test it?? seems to me it has a lot of potential. When will we see a Murnan modified version with a bored out crank and other goodies??

Have a happy and prosperous New year

AFM

Grinder 12-31-2006 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by afm
Thanks Uriah, so it is the Picco Evo II Edo crank in there, which has a starting inner dia. of 9mm, then it gradually reduces to 7mm

You had a chance to test it?? seems to me it has a lot of potential. When will we see a Murnan modified version with a bored out crank and other goodies??

Have a happy and prosperous New year

AFM

Hi AFM. The center bore is actually 6.88mm all the way through from front to back. I have not seen the Picco where the bore changes diameter. I have seen this on the +12 engines. They get bigger as they go to the rear. I will test this weekend without the rain. :cry: :cry: :cry: . The engine seems to have a lot of potential for modification. Here is a picture of the stock engine. I will post a picture of the mod version when it is done. Expect it just before the Winternats this February.

Here is a pic of the stock crankshaft. Comes with small amount of filler. Be assured the Murnan version will have much more. :p :p :sneaky:

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

afm 12-31-2006 07:07 AM

Thanks Uriah...will stayed tuned to your tests and future development.
Don't forget to drop a ceramic bearing in there...jeje

AFM

afm 01-05-2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by afm
Thanks Uriah...will stayed tuned to your tests and future development.
Don't forget to drop a ceramic bearing in there...jeje

AFM

Anybody has more pictures of a dissambled JL RD.??? Sleeve, backplate, head button, etc.....would appreciate it.

AFM

royfan33 01-05-2007 08:29 PM

Anyone know if this engine takes the smaller diameter exhaust header that the Picco 3p does? I bought 3 of the Piccos at a great price when I decided to try onroad racing. I love the Piccos, but I found that you can't just buy any pipe for them.

I'm interested in trying this one for the coming season.

Seisick 01-06-2007 04:32 AM

yes the JL come with the same exhaust diameter just like the pircco, mega and orion, but it comes with both silicone gasket for picco header and non picco header, on the JL comes an ofna gasket made to fit non picco header, don't remember the part number but mega also sells it

royfan33 01-06-2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Seisick
yes the JL come with the same exhaust diameter just like the pircco, mega and orion, but it comes with both silicone gasket for picco header and non picco header, on the JL comes an ofna gasket made to fit non picco header, don't remember the part number but mega also sells it

Thanks for the info. I need to get some of those gaskets. These Piccos are the first non-Nova based engines I have owned and I was clueless to the difference.

afm 01-06-2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by royfan33
Thanks for the info. I need to get some of those gaskets. These Piccos are the first non-Nova based engines I have owned and I was clueless to the difference.

The OFNA P.N for the silicone header gasket for non Picco exhaust is:

Seal, Sil, 12R manifold others P.N. 51997

AFM

royfan33 01-06-2007 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by afm
The OFNA P.N for the silicone header gasket for non Picco exhaust is:

Seal, Sil, 12R manifold others P.N. 51997

AFM

Awesome AFM! Making life easy for me.... :nod:

I've got a couple of pipes that I want to try on the Picco. This will do the trick.