R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #1996
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
with the engine on tha car try to move the crank up and down.if the play is a lot change the bearings.also check the rod.something else.try to seal the carb in place the plastic contact the aluminium.the picco carbs tend to leak in this place after a while.
also try some other fuel.
if the engine don't idle try to puss the crank down from the pinions,if the engine idle for more then ,you probably need bearings.
and last check the orings.
Gregory from your explanation it may not be the bearings, because the plays is very small, barely noticeable. I have also placed some red sealant around the carb for additional protection

I will try the pushing of the crank, thanks
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #1997
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

+1 for sealing the carb base. On mine, I found that I had to press down very hard on the carb when tightening the pinch bolt. Even then, I couldn't get reliable contact all around that thin o-ring. The motor would be impossible to tune, adjusting HSN or LSN would not produce the expected result. So, replaced the o-ring and also put a bead of sealant around the carb base. Problem solved, but then had to re-find the baseline needle settings since I had moved them all over the place in my previous hair pulling efforts .
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #1998
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
Gregory from your explanation it may not be the bearings, because the plays is very small, barely noticeable. I have also placed some red sealant around the carb for additional protection

I will try the pushing of the crank, thanks
jelayne if the play is so little isn't the bearings.maybe the pipe.have you try to clean it inside?just borrow a pipe that works well in someone else and a carb too.

keep us informed!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #1999
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I am using No.6 Picco plug, opened 2 new ones same problem. Yep I removed a shim to allow for the 25% as directed on the forum but I can recheck the clearance.

Running brand new gallon of 25% Maxy, well I hope it is new.
As Gregory mentioned, your problem could be in the pipe, swap it to a 2607, re-tune and post here your end result, it will give you headaches in tuning your engine if there is a small silicone gasket that got stuck inside the pipe.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 04-27-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #2000
Tech Regular

I have a problem with my 2607 pipe.... We had talked about it in this forum, it had a piece of gasket in it, I could see it on one of the chambers,and I tried to blow it off with a compressor, and thought it went away as I no longer saw it.

Recently I tried it, my motor revved nice at first, and I put it on the track, drove 1 lap, and bogging sound came again, and it stalled. I tried to fire it up several times, and it was stalling immediately just like the motor was way too rich... I changed the pipe and problem went away.

So, anyone knows how can I solve this problem?

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #2001
Tech Master

Once you see something in the pipe, you should really use some kind of liquid to try to get it out. If you blow it out with air, you might not see it fly out. With a liquid, you can pour it into something to see if you got it. You can try water but I would probably try something like alcohol to break down the oils in the pipe. May make it easier to get the object out. If using liquids don't get it out, you can use compressed air but try to blow it out into something, like a bucket.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #2002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

or use the best of both worlds, an air comressor and a bucket of water after soaking it in alcohol
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #2003
Tech Regular

I tried water several times, but it just made 1-2 laps before problem came again.
Ill try the alcohol too, but Im hopeless
Maybe I should try putting it in boiling water...

Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #2004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why not try a total different pipe just to test and see
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #2005
Tech Master

I had one I couldn't get the junk out of also. I finally cut the pipe in half just to see if I was crazy or if there really was something stuck in there. Well, I wasn't crazy.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #2006
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman81 View Post
why not try a total different pipe just to test and see
Yea, I wrote that I tried a different pipe and there wasnt any single problem with other pipe(skyline)

Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #2007
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
Yea, I wrote that I tried a different pipe and there wasnt any single problem with other pipe(skyline)
If you have access to an oven cleaner called EASY OFF (brand name), spray it inside the pipe and let it soak for half an hour, it will significantly soften the piece of silicone/rubber seal that is lodge inside the chamber (silicone/rubber seals falls apart when soaked with EASY OFF) then flush it out with water and compressed air, hope this help, might have to try a few times until every single piece comes out.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #2008
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to speedwork
Default JL racing .12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
If you have access to an oven cleaner called EASY OFF (brand name), spray it inside the pipe and let it soak for half an hour, it will significantly soften the piece of silicone/rubber seal that is lodge inside the chamber (silicone/rubber seals falls apart when soaked with EASY OFF) then flush it out with water and compressed air, hope this help, might have to try a few times until every single piece comes out.
Hello
come following this topic for some time.
Post some pictures of the engine JL RED DOT EVO3 to be used by Terry's Pursrui for 2nd Stage of the Brazilian Championship.
We expect a good test for Terry.

Sorry my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
JL Racing .12-gira-e-camisa.jpg   JL Racing .12-gira-e-camisa-02.jpg   JL Racing .12-gira-polido-01.jpg  
speedwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #2009
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Latest changes

Hi Guys today I did some testing on my engine issue still the issue continues...

Today test :-
1. Tried new fuel same 25%
2. New 2607 Pipe
3. Went to the Hard NT1 Clutch spring(slight performance increase)

After all the testing, the car was still sluggish at pull off, but down the backstraight it was really fast. Coming into the straight away I was slow but as it got down the straight speed was up.

Also rebuilt clutch as for NT1 default settings, basically running at stock except for today's spring change to HARD.

Any suggestions ??
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #2010
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Guys today I did some testing on my engine issue still the issue continues...

Today test :-
1. Tried new fuel same 25%
2. New 2607 Pipe
3. Went to the Hard NT1 Clutch spring(slight performance increase)

After all the testing, the car was still sluggish at pull off, but down the backstraight it was really fast. Coming into the straight away I was slow but as it got down the straight speed was up.

Also rebuilt clutch as for NT1 default settings, basically running at stock except for today's spring change to HARD.

Any suggestions ??
have you try to lean the low needle?where are your carb settings?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote