R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #1951
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the info, i hope i will be satisfied with this engine
bluef250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #1952
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Yes, the 2617 is a good pipe, By the way the PICCO 2607 pipe have been discontinued, it's obsolete now, there is a new one that came out, which is the PICCO 7353 EFRA 2651, this pipe gives a lot more mid to top end (Picco engines have a lot of bottom) and the manifold of the new 2651 does not stick out and rubs against a sedan body like the old 2607 manifold, these 2651 pipe set does give the JL TUNED, the JL EVO3 as well as the IDM .12 more mid to top end power than the OLD 2607 pipe set.
Sam, would this be a better pipe for the red dot at 301 raceway than the 2607?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #1953
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
Sam, would this be a better pipe for the red dot at 301 raceway than the 2607?
Yes, the new PICCO 2651 pipe set will definitely going to be a better pipe than the older generation 2607 pipe set.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #1954
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Yes, the new PICCO 2651 pipe set will definitely going to be a better pipe than the older generation 2607 pipe set.

Have you seen the new pipes and seen them on the track?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #1955
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BT have been running the new pipe for a while now, he have been testing the new pipe since January until he was told not to, because it is simply faster than any available pipe for the JL engines, but until the inventory is sufficient in stock he will not use the pipe, only because it is unfair for others who can't get it yet.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #1956
Tech Initiate

Default EVO4

Hello Kamikaze, do you know when the new jlr evo4 will be available? couldn't wait.
majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #1957
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by majk View Post
Hello Kamikaze, do you know when the new jlr evo4 will be available? couldn't wait.
I will post it here, as soon as I find out about the ETA.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #1958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Hey guys... Any one know the ETA for the Picco Evo 4? I have a feeling it might be near, anyone have any information about it?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #1959
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Read the post just above yours. That's all the answer there is at the moment.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #1960
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Hey guys, Im selling my NIB 2607 IDM pipe.

Heres the link:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-new-box.html

Sorry to do this, but I really hate bumping the thread and within the hour, Im already at page 2...
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #1961
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jl red dot 2, and 2607

the gasket between the pipe and motor are fighting each other??? the gasket is pushing hard against the pipe, to the point where it is very hard to get the dang thing on, especailly with one exhaust spring whole in the manifold. i had one good bump on the wall ans my gasket was toast, didnt bend the pipe tho. any better way to fit. its almost like the outside diameter of the gasket is too big around? help
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #1962
Tech Master

ps, last years red dot + 2607 = fastest lap over a monster Nova sunday, even tho i lost

by the way, how long have you guys Tuned JLs lasted?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #1963
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman81 View Post
ps, last years red dot + 2607 = fastest lap over a monster Nova sunday, even tho i lost

by the way, how long have you guys Tuned JLs lasted?

what ever you have to tell your self to make you fell better about your picco we all know that the best driver will always win the race but in terms of power the nova wins piccos have no top end that is why you have to gear them up so high. with the same car, properly geared motors, correct pipe, and same fuel picco are not as fast all around as nova based engines but they are fast engines. you kept talking about how much torque piccos have mm+12, mmrbr3, and 353 have just all much bottomend it all comes down to clutch setup.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #1964
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
what ever you have to tell your self to make you fell better about your picco we all know that the best driver will always win the race but in terms of power the nova wins piccos have no top end that is why you have to gear them up so high. with the same car, properly geared motors, correct pipe, and same fuel picco are not as fast all around as nova based engines but they are fast engines. you kept talking about how much torque piccos have mm+12, mmrbr3, and 353 have just all much bottomend it all comes down to clutch setup.
if you spent more time working on your car, and learning how to set it up and tune your OWN engine, you might....naaaah you will still get crushed!

how about you learn how to break a motor in before showing up at 301, and getting spanked by our top dog Sportsman class drivers (no disrespect sport class) when you came to Richmond.

i never got into a conversation about bottom end, with u or anyone else. piccos run, dont need to be tuned all day, the plugs last forever and numbers dont lie. i squeeked out the fast lap over a NOVA, then admitted in another thread that i lost because of a flame out.

all you do is quote motor names, but you dont know how to tune or drive. you are a glutant for punishment i just dont get it.
how about win a race, any race and then take what you have learned and study it.

i like how you prowl the internet looking for a forum to be a ganster in, you dont like piccos (but you cant beat them), you dont own one, (yet you are in this forum), i know that you need speed to keep up, and skill to win, thats what i know. i hope that all the people that didnt know any better and listened to your advice on ANTHING, find someone at your local track and please forget anything this guy has ever said.

i dont care what you say bro, you are talkng to a top 3 finisher for the last 3 years in a row, why would i listen to you!?!?! didnt you just get PUNKED in the 301 thread?

hope you dont get beat too bad up there at 301, because you think im clowning you now, those guys are gonna bust your chops to your face

Last edited by gentleman81; 04-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #1965
Tech Addict

what are you talking about punk me everybody on here talks trash but because i do i it i am the bad guy please and these same guys you speak of that talk trash to me are always trying to borrow my gear when show up but i let them use it because i am a nice guy. Even though someone broke m glow igniter, stole my scissors and broke my mrc 989 charger. the point is you dont know me so dont speak on things that you dont know about i talk trash just like everybody else on where does. All of last year when i just got started in the sport people would talk trash behind my back and smile in my face but i didnt respond i bet you didnt know that but now that i am playing with them back now i am the the bad guy please. it is all in fun, instead of lieing about me you need to be getting that dusty parking lot ready
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote