R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #181
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My clutch was adjusted for high revs as I followed Swaugers suggestions in regards to the tightness of the clutch spring. Also, I used a significantly lower roll out than I generally do so my engine was reving higher than I normally run it. Also, I don't use a temp gun that much anymore because I just monitor the smoke and performance. It is possible that the engine was temping higher than 230 at that time, but it didn't feel that way as the engine was running really well. Engine break in took 5 tanks, but I didn't race it until after 10 tanks
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #182
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
My clutch was adjusted for high revs as I followed Swaugers suggestions in regards to the tightness of the clutch spring. Also, I used a significantly lower roll out than I generally do so my engine was reving higher than I normally run it. Also, I don't use a temp gun that much anymore because I just monitor the smoke and performance. It is possible that the engine was temping higher than 230 at that time, but it didn't feel that way as the engine was running really well. Engine break in took 5 tanks, but I didn't race it until after 10 tanks
I spoke to Joel a friend of mine that was racing in Crystal park last Sunday, He was watching the sedan race and did noticed that your engine is revving abnormally (too) high before it quit, he told me that he noticed that your clutch is slipping really bad and that is the main reason why your motor quit on you. Oh well it could have happen even to a more expensive motor.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

what glow plug should I go with for this engine?

The picco turbo, or something like the OS Turbo?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #184
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
what glow plug should I go with for this engine?

The picco turbo, or something like the OS Turbo?
Use a P6TC PICCO plug.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596

Take my advice and I think some others have said it also.....if you want to be sure not to completely destroy a motor....replace conrod after 2 gallons...if you are racing competitively...3 gallons max..I replace them after 2 just to be sure..Your basically just insuring you motor its better to be safe than sorry..

Hiope this helps
Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #186
Tech Champion

Whats up Robert, I heard you are now a celebrity in the RC community LOL!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #187
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
I JUST GOT YM ENGINE!!!!

this thing looks SICK!

all blacked out! with silver!

I just love how it looks also it says made in in italy which is kick ass!.

funny tho it doesnt say "red-dot" anywhere on the engine just JL12 on the head
haha i think that 12 was meant to look like an R.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #188
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey

Take my advice and I think some others have said it also.....if you want to be sure not to completely destroy a motor....replace conrod after 2 gallons...if you are racing competitively...3 gallons max..I replace them after 2 just to be sure..Your basically just insuring you motor its better to be safe than sorry..

Hiope this helps
What's up Robert? I seen that u TQ'd again at Port Charlotte the other day. Seems like the RRR/JL Red Dot combo is doing good things for u man. Keep it up. Are u guys gonna come up to MD for the race in June? Already sent in my registration, so looking forward to seeing u guys there.

Kurt.
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #189
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

Now that you mention it!

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000748ma1.jpg

It does look like an R
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #190
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelico
What's up Robert? I seen that u TQ'd again at Port Charlotte the other day. Seems like the RRR/JL Red Dot combo is doing good things for u man. Keep it up. Are u guys gonna come up to MD for the race in June? Already sent in my registration, so looking forward to seeing u guys there.

Kurt.

there is avery good possibility that I will be heading up there with....a couple of guys still trying to work out the arrangements...hope to see you there..Kurt
Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #191
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, just got my Skyline 12 plus pipe to go on my new JLR , and it fits VERY loosely at the motor to pipe connection... i have both the stock gasket that came on the motor, and some Mega picco type gaskets, not any better fit with either one... This is my first Picco based motor, wondering how you get around this fit issue and make a Novarossi size header fit on a Picco... Thanks!
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #192
Tech Fanatic

Quick follow up to the pipe question... I tried the other gasket that came with the motor, the unflanged one, Ofna # 51997, it fits nice and tight with that, is this how people are running these pipes on these motors?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:41 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Many of us here on the westcoast are running this exact combination. Probably more than 20 of us are. they work well together.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat
Quick follow up to the pipe question... I tried the other gasket that came with the motor, the unflanged one, Ofna # 51997, it fits nice and tight with that, is this how people are running these pipes on these motors?
The gasket without the flange is the correct one to use with the Skyline and other Novarossi type headers. The flanged gasket is designed for Picco header.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #195
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info nuggets and Chris, after my first post, I remembered that other gasket was in the box... I still have a long wait till first race, but ready to break in and stuff....