R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1711
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I a not sure on the timing. Sam would know better he deals with the red dot I have just seen the IDM sets in the JL and also the Mega as well. I do not know how the JL ran but I watched the Mega and they ran better. Just some info remember you never know till you try!!!
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #1712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems that all the talk about, is the picco a good reliable motor have been answered!!!
Picco Wins World Championship!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #1713
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
Seems that all the talk about, is the picco a good reliable motor have been answered!!!
Picco Wins World Championship!!!
You got that right, PICCO EDO modified engine is exactly the JL "TUNED" engine which Ielasi used to win the 1/10 IFMAR Touring car world championship.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:50 AM   #1714
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
You got that right, PICCO EDO modified engine is exactly the JL "TUNED" engine which Ielasi used to win the 1/10 IFMAR Touring car world championship.
Now that's even better than your statement in WC thread.

You REALLY thought hard how you could make any connection between your beloved JLR and the engine Daniele ran, huh.
Very creative, but unfortunately complete BS.

As I said in the other thread, Daniele is running Picco heatsinks in all his cars due to the sonsorship deal with Picco.

fact is that he is building his own engines for himself and trust me, they have not much in common with the JLR.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:41 AM   #1715
Tech Regular

Quote:
Stefan is correct I spoke with Daniele myself and that is the reason if you look at the heatsink it is the picco head. All the internals other then the conrod are different. The JL tuned is not the same engine. It is close as the case is concerned but the internals crankshaft bore and other parts are different. That would be saying that the Max power 9 port is a 35+21. And that is not the case. Daniele won the works with the IDM not a JL EDO "Tuned".
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #1716
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
I a not sure on the timing. Sam would know better he deals with the red dot I have just seen the IDM sets in the JL and also the Mega as well. I do not know how the JL ran but I watched the Mega and they ran better. Just some info remember you never know till you try!!!
ok, will try this IDM piston/sleeve on the JLR, just hope i does not loose power though.
rias5037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #1717
Tech Champion

Quote:
Stefan is correct I spoke with Daniele myself and that is the reason if you look at the heatsink it is the picco head. All the internals other then the conrod are different. The JL tuned is not the same engine. It is close as the case is concerned but the internals crankshaft bore and other parts are different. That would be saying that the Max power 9 port is a 35+21. And that is not the case. Daniele won the works with the IDM not a JL EDO "Tuned".
Yes, because the EDO is a better engine, that is why he uses the EDO and not his own IDM, just look at the pictures! it contains a thousand words!

p.s. If you have your own line then why not use it, in fact Alberto Picco called the owner of OFNA (Dave M.)and broke the news that the PICCO EDO modified engine won the worlds!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #1718
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
Im pretty sure. If you look at Danieles collar, you will notice the "Edo" logo. Stands for Eduardo. But he sure used his own IDM Muffler.

And after the race, a hug from Eduardo himself. Im touched You dont get those without a reason, you know

One of the amazing things with Edo, except him being a Helluwa mech, is that his shirts NEVER get dirty. Never.
Nice pictures!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #1719
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WoW
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #1720
Suspended

Quote:
Please do tell then how a shielded bearing that has no seal maintains crankcase vacuum without any leakage of air into the engine. And tell me how there is a leak between a inner race and the balls rotating at how many thousands of rpm? Oh and just for some more info the reason as I know this is how it is sealing is that I have spoken with the actual manufacture of bearings in fact a few of them as to confirm this years and years ago. I have done some work in the past with bearings. And if you are going to tell me that the clearance between the crankshaft and the crankcase is what is preventing this then you would have to mean that there would be less then .01mm clearance. The reason that this is happening then is why? And I am speaking of the front engine bearing leaking excess oil out. He is speaking between the inner and outer raceway not the bearing fit between the outer race of the bearing and the crankcase. Please let me know. I really do not like to even reply to these posts but I would like to hear how this is happening then. And you should truly not have to seal any part of the engine if the fits and clearances are correct that is what the o-rings are for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
I just suggested to do your homework and I am not a teacher.
Get the hydraulic dynamics book and find answer there. Then you will know how the sealing happened on systems like nitro engines.
I hope you had chance to talk to SKF or INA engineers, not sales rep.
Good luck!
the_geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #1721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey guys, Just got me a Picco jl...

What the factory settings for this thing? I cant find the info.

Thanks!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #1722
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Hey guys, Just got me a Picco jl...

What the factory settings for this thing? I cant find the info.

Thanks!!!
The factory setting is how it is when you got it out of the box, just install it in the car, put some fuel and fire it up, just remember that it is shimmed for 30% out of the box.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #1723
Tech Elite

Quote:
The factory setting is how it is when you got it out of the box, just install it in the car, put some fuel and fire it up, just remember that it is shimmed for 30% out of the box.
I bought it from my buddy. He used it for half a gallon (and I was the one driving it most of the time lol) , and then swapped to a RB. So its used, and I want to get it back to factory and tune her
Old 08-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #1724
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I bought it from my buddy. He used it for half a gallon (and I was the one driving it most of the time lol) , and then swapped to a RB. So its used, and I want to get it back to factory and tune her
It will be useless to have the factory settings as you are going to re-tune it anyway, so why don't you just fire it up and tune it from there, what fuel are you going to be using? what nitro percentage? I can at least let you know where to shim it at.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #1725
Tech Elite

Quote:
It will be useless to have the factory settings as you are going to re-tune it anyway, so why don't you just fire it up and tune it from there, what fuel are you going to be using? what nitro percentage? I can at least let you know where to shim it at.
25%. Its already shimmed for that though

I need factory settings. Where it is at I know isnt right. Plus last time this sucker was ran, was last winter when it was nice and cold out.