Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Help me Find Werks Gt engine >

Help me Find Werks Gt engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me Find Werks Gt engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help me Find Werks Gt engine

Hey guys ,
As the title says I’m in the market for a Werks Gt engine and the icing on the cake would be a Partset to go with it . I have looked a Fleabay, Amain , Towers, all the usual suspects but the are out or discontinued… odd . Does anyone have the contact info for either someone or someplace that has them in hand or can get them. This afternoon I drove one for the first time and yep .. I’m in love lol . Did Werks fall out the industry like RB, Novarossi, etc … I pray that’s not the case .
Thank you everyone
Old 02-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Tech Lord

And so you think there is no other GT engine? XRD, Corsatec and several other brands do come from the same manufacturer. as Werks. But there are plenty of other options from OS and all other brands made by OS, but also Nova and even FX.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

I own 3 mito 35gt, Maxy 3.0 gt, Mephisto gt, fx501, nova G5r , picco gt1 , max power gt-Rx … some are modded and the Werks Gt has the feel and power over all of them 100% so I’m looking for another with a partset .
Old 02-12-2024, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Oh forgot Capricorn One Red Dot -5 min and AsM Gt2 ( haven’t ran that one) . So I have been though just about all of the usual suspects and again the Werks Gt is by far my favorite… super wide powerband and still has big revs .. and this was on break in fuel and a fresh fresh 500ml engine in my control car and gearing . Werks knocked it out the park with this one.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NitroPhene
I own 3 mito 35gt, Maxy 3.0 gt, Mephisto gt, fx501, nova G5r , picco gt1 , max power gt-Rx … some are modded and the Werks Gt has the feel and power over all of them 100% so I’m looking for another with a partset .
I have heard good things about Werks engines but better than Max Power?? Really hope they haven't gone out of business because I've got to try it.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

I swear it !! I’m in shock too! The Capricorn One 5 min is a close second but the Werks is just that good . Also , each engine I play w manifolds , pipes , shims for the button and sleeve and plugs and I ran the Werks with .1 under the sleeve and removed .1 from the button and my control pipe set is the 41032/9886 and boom mind blown … oh I put a Novarossi 24069 carb on it . The Picco Gt1 and Nova G5r are modded and have a shrieking top end but super flat until prob 22k rpm … Max is very balanced and was prob Tied w the Fx G501 .. both work very very good w the Ielasi 2185 GTR not the v3 . All in all they are pretty close in out right performance but not in feel . The Werks is still green green so idk about it’s top end abilities but I did run it out to mid 40s mph and i showed no signs of rolling over . Very very impressive, so I need another and a couple part sets lol
Old 02-14-2024, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I did some searching and I think Werks went under and just doesn't really exist anymore. If you really want to get some Werks stuff you might have to ask their dealers if they have left over inventory. My dad used to be an RB dealer and we still have a ton of random parts left over.

Currently I'm running a GT-RX with the Hipex 2069 pipe and the B5 manifold. I find that it's got great response and really good power overall. I used to run OS's before with the 2069 pipe and got good results too. The 2069 has become the go-to pipe for all GT engines at our track. If you're looking for the powerband and response maybe the answer lies in the pipe? Given that it might not be possible to get Werks stuff anymore, I'd recommend trying this pipe out.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

I will gladly give the 2069 pipe a try with a couple manifolds , thanks for the tip brother . I’ll touch base with Amain and see if they have anything laying around .. any idea on who else may have Werks stuff ?