R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickvanovs
hey kickass, what kind of rear body post used on that TM car?
i bileive that dario is the guy to answer that question, but it may be a top secret TM part
alex, you forgot to put foam on your rims again!
it would be quicker around the track with at least a little foam
Old 09-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #47
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
i bileive that dario is the guy to answer that question, but it may be a top secret TM part
alex, you forgot to put foam on your rims again!
it would be quicker around the track with at least a little foam
i think dario's car has some parts that i never know. anyone got more of dario's car pics?
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:30 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Quote:
i think dario's car has some parts that i never know. anyone got more of dario's car pics?
another thing that you may have mised is the mugen rear sway bar
Old 10-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dunno

Quote:
hey kickass, what kind of rear body post used on that TM car?
I think that you will find that its only a stiffener. It is Darren Johnstons car and i dont know what brand.
Regards
AK
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Default look Close and you will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Looked at the photos and didn't seemed to see a Ram-Air on there. Maybe Josh suggested a Ram-Air duct, but I can assure you that doesn't work (if they really worked all the SBK and MotoGP engines will get one, as the F1 engines too), but the Ram-air doesn't allow to enter more air (or better said: compress it), no matter if is a duct of 2centimeter or 200cm of diameter and their car run at 30 or 300Km/hr.

The barometric pressure will be the same of atmosferic conditions present on the track. That 'ram-air' will fall into the gimmick area (and of course a hassle and more weight added to their car). Next time he can try with a NACA air duct and he will get less drag at least.
Mr Course too much technical malakia here. Please you will see closely an, EXTENDED carby restricter probably twice the normal length. call it what you like. Please leave all your theries and technical stuff for other threads as I would like to keep this thread BS free.

I am simply posting some photos from the worlds for people who were not there, so enjoy.

Regards
Ak
Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 AM   #51
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ickvanovs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass
I think that you will find that its only a stiffener. It is Darren Johnstons car and i dont know what brand.
Regards
AK
ah ok, the stiffener look nice.
btw is darren in this forum too?
thx
ickvanovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:28 AM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Mr Course too much technical malakia here.
Ella reh, whats wrong with technical malakisi

When are you coming back to Moorebank man??
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Default Never

Hey RE,
Wont be back at Moorebank probably never, Copped enough ego and aussie BS under the tip top tent at Brendale to last me a lifetime.
Infact would be very happy if I did not see some of them ever again.
Plenty of places to race and have fun.
AK
Old 10-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Default MORE PICKS WORLDS

Some happy people after the A final.
Confusion in pit lane after a delay was called in the A main
Attached Thumbnails
KICKASS MODIFIED SIRIO-image063.jpg   KICKASS MODIFIED SIRIO-image067.jpg   KICKASS MODIFIED SIRIO-image055.jpg   KICKASS MODIFIED SIRIO-image037.jpg   KICKASS MODIFIED SIRIO-image037.jpg  

Old 10-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Some happy people after the A final.
Confusion in pit lane after a delay was called in the A main
The last pic is of Hideo Kitazawa and his mechanic (wearing the glove of love), pleading with the OS Speed designer Yoshi to detune their insanely quick OS Speed, under the watchful eyes of OS Technical advisers Mr Jay A, and Paulz P! "Too much prower"

Last edited by Rody; 10-03-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
The last pic is of Hideo Kitazawa and his mechanic (wearing the glove of love), pleading with the OS Speed designer Yoshi to detune their insanely quick OS Speed, under the watchful eyes of OS Technical advisers Mr Jay A, and Paulz P! general concesus amongst the team was "Too much prower"
come on nick, you should know better by now to not say T. M. P. as alex will tell you you can never have enough
Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
come on nick, you should know better by now to not say T. M. P. as alex will tell you you can never have enough
i ran my Sirio at Alex's fav track last meet. i had to tune it, and the two speed during qualifiers, but int he final, wow! it had "too much prowa!!" im looking forward tot he next moorebank meet and try and post my best times.

my sirio wasn't modified by Alex K, but modified by another well know Sydney based modifier by the name of "Team Ella re! designs" also known as tom, he is also well known for his airbrushing

by the way i used the sirio pipe with the engine.

also my other question THIS IS A SERIOUS ONE BY THE WAY is;
is it ok to chrome my sirio pipe like the mugen mielke pipe? i want to do it predominatly so that it is easier to clean, but also to make it look good will the chroming affect resonance for the better or worse?

SECOND QUESTIONl

if i chrome the inside of the pipe i'm guessing this will cause the heat to be traped inside the pipe right? which is not good right? i was thinkign maybe if it is chromed on the inside it might improve resonance..but the heat theory i stated above might be an issue...or is heat good?

Alex, didn't you have one of your pipes ceramic coated once? that old NEO pipe.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
i ran my Sirio at Alex's fav track last meet. i had to tune it, and the two speed during qualifiers, but int he final, wow! it had "too much prowa!!" im looking forward tot he next moorebank meet and try and post my best times.

my sirio wasn't modified by Alex K, but modified by another well know Sydney based modifier by the name of "Team Ella re! designs" also known as tom, he is also well known for his airbrushing

by the way i used the sirio pipe with the engine.

also my other question THIS IS A SERIOUS ONE BY THE WAY is;
is it ok to chrome my sirio pipe like the mugen mielke pipe? i want to do it predominatly so that it is easier to clean, but also to make it look good will the chroming affect resonance for the better or worse?

SECOND QUESTIONl

if i chrome the inside of the pipe i'm guessing this will cause the heat to be traped inside the pipe right? which is not good right? i was thinkign maybe if it is chromed on the inside it might improve resonance..but the heat theory i stated above might be an issue...or is heat good?

Alex, didn't you have one of your pipes ceramic coated once? that old NEO pipe.
Thomas Malakia number 1 The pipes are not chrome inside or out, they are a polished finish alloy, boof head.

But you are heading in the right direction with the ceramic coating.
I had several pipes done by my drag racing buddies and there was more bang (power) produced, you could try this Thomas or you can just get one of your Sirios KICKASSED for some guaranteed xtra power.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Thomas Malakia number 1 The pipes are not chrome inside or out, they are a polished finish alloy, boof head.

But you are heading in the right direction with the ceramic coating.
I had several pipes done by my drag racing buddies and there was more bang (power) produced, you could try this Thomas or you can just get one of your Sirios KICKASSED for some guaranteed xtra power.

yeah i know Alex, but what do you recon will happen performance wise IF i chrome the sirio pipe, ella re!

i've already sort of hacked mine up myself i basically cleaned up the ports and matched it to the "burn marks" that was left from the fuel and did the channels on the sleeve. i just cut a bees knees amount of the top of the exhaust port, i didn't want to go killing the bottom end so i didn't go overboard here.

i also smooved out the turbo scoop so it leads into the big hole (yeah i know, technical term ) the motor went pritty good at mbank. i will do some more testing and tuning on saturday.

so what do you recon? should i chrome the outside of the pipe? i'll get it done, if it works i'll come back with info. i'll test this saturday with the standard pipe, check temps of engine etc, then do a test with the chromed pipe.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #60
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i don't think TomB was asking if they were chromed but whether you could get chroming done on them, seems to me TomB that if it were effective they would be out in the market place, just my 5c worth with GST
robot is offline   Reply With Quote