R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Boss line motors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/126863-boss-line-motors.html)

speedy100 08-24-2006 10:20 PM

Boss line motors

who has run the boss motors ? i learnt that the motors work very well but the internal parts is not eactly like Ninga even they are both designed by M rossi.

slide_228 08-24-2006 11:49 PM

Boss

We have completed a Kyosho 1/8 series earlier of the month and the TQ uses Boss motors. It is different than Ninja as there is a 'paste' in the crank and overall speed is good. I am impressed and the price of this motor is also very affordable. Worthwhile to try

speedy100 08-25-2006 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by slide_228
We have completed a Kyosho 1/8 series earlier of the month and the TQ uses Boss motors. It is different than Ninja as there is a 'paste' in the crank and overall speed is good. I am impressed and the price of this motor is also very affordable. Worthwhile to try

have you tried the falcon as well ? they all said falcon and boss are better than Ninja....in 21 class the falcon does not have the copper bushing where connect the wrist pin but the Ninja does. I really want to see the inside of those 3 engines if they are not the same...............thanks

slide_228 08-25-2006 09:45 AM

falcon motors

I have watched very closely on these motors and saw a few of them broken in. But one thing is certain, many years ago we already had rods that made of 1 bushing only. Ron paris rods are all like that and they held very well. So it is not a new thing and it is old tricks. One less thing to break that's for sure. If you can get one at a good price get it, it is worthwhile.

Originally Posted by speedy100
have you tried the falcon as well ? they all said falcon and boss are better than Ninja....in 21 class the falcon does not have the copper bushing where connect the wrist pin but the Ninja does. I really want to see the inside of those 3 engines if they are not the same...............thanks

ioxqq 01-05-2007 12:31 AM

Where is selling Boss line enignes? Couldn't find any

Sirio2127 01-05-2007 12:43 AM

From what i have heared the ninja engine's are made to mugen's spec's and the falcon are made to corono's specs and the boss is mario rossi's pirsonal line some one post some pics of the falcon crank and piston and liner and of the ninja crank piston and liner and pics of the boss crank piston and liner they are difrent engines by alot from what ive seen in paformance. Ive seen the boss off-road and ninja run side by side and the boss eats the ninja alive its better in every way Fuel eco power torque and rpm's. Regards Jeremy.