R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-29-2006, 04:31 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to olffee027
Default New Guy Engine Questions

I am not that new to the RC world but to to the online talk about them...My problem is this... I have a MRX-3 with a Nova .21 Evo 5 and Michael Sulivan Sleeve. The Engine was awsome.. but it recently died. the conecting rod blew and shards destroyed the inside of the engine..I am looking into a new engine but i am having some problems picking the right one.. I used to race the car and now i just use it for personal use in the street. I have had many recomendations from stores but they are trying to sell things so i want real peoples experience.. I want something reliable but yet as powerful or more powerfull. What they have recommended has been

Nova S721P
Nova REX
Ninja MR21
Mega ZX21

These are a couple that have been chosen for me by stores.. I personally cant see which would be BEST..for my situation again as much power or more power as my old Nova 21 Evo 5 with the MS Sleeve. hopefully reliable...

If you all could be so kind to give me your insight i would be greatful.
I wont say money is no limit but if means spending big money to get the best then i would probably spend the money to get the best motor that would work in my car.

thanks
Ryan
olffee027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olffee027
I am not that new to the RC world but to to the online talk about them...My problem is this... I have a MRX-3 with a Nova .21 Evo 5 and Michael Sulivan Sleeve. The Engine was awsome.. but it recently died. the conecting rod blew and shards destroyed the inside of the engine..I am looking into a new engine but i am having some problems picking the right one.. I used to race the car and now i just use it for personal use in the street. I have had many recomendations from stores but they are trying to sell things so i want real peoples experience.. I want something reliable but yet as powerful or more powerfull. What they have recommended has been

Nova S721P
Nova REX
Ninja MR21
Mega ZX21

These are a couple that have been chosen for me by stores.. I personally cant see which would be BEST..for my situation again as much power or more power as my old Nova 21 Evo 5 with the MS Sleeve. hopefully reliable...

If you all could be so kind to give me your insight i would be greatful.
I wont say money is no limit but if means spending big money to get the best then i would probably spend the money to get the best motor that would work in my car.

thanks
Ryan
the nova s721p and the ninja are the 2 that i would go for
the nova is a 7 port race engine and should produce plenty of grunt same as the ninja
Old 07-29-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
Tech Elite

NINJA
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Tech Elite

My best bet for you is a Ninja engine, have one and the more I drive it, the more I like it... doesn't have the grunt or the brute rip that other mills have, but you need to approach to a different clutch setup, and the laptimes are there... less grunt but the same or better laptimes.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

would i be able to keep my same clutch set up with the Ninja mr21. which clutch set up would be best for my situation if i had to go with a new one.. I know sure of the name of the type that i have.. on the engine is 4 shoes that sit in between the pins and then a plate goes on top and a spring compresses down on it. the drive gears is a expanding clutch that has the little internal springs on screws and nuts. 2 piece.. I know its kinda tuff to imagine..

I really dont race anymore its just for putzing around the house and down the streets(country area long dead streets) i do want a kick butt motor though.. im willing to spend the money for any engine if i know that i will be a good quality piece. if its 200 more then a regular engine or even 3 over the price of a regular engine ehh its alot but its worth it to me...

I fear i will spend 400 on a motor to find out a week later that if i would have spent 550 i would have had the best quality motor that would make me most important for damn thats sick.. or people go now thats a fine piece of quality

thanks.,..

ryan
Old 07-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

ok i went with a novarossi 21 Plus 35.. it wasnt cheap but i think its going to be a great engine should be here this week...anyone have any experience with it...

Does and Dont's

thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
Tech Elite

thats a great motor to
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote