R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #76
Tech Addict

lol
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

well, i have heard of using heat gun also. but i afraid that it might be too noisy to break in at home, so i didn't use. so end up with few scratches on the piston, so its advisable to heat up the heat sink. but i think tat if u are able to start up the very 1st time on the new engine, let it idle for 1 tank also helps to heat up. (but use a cloth to cover up the heat sink)
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #78
Tech Regular

What would happen if I take the crankshaft from my tz 5 port and stick it in the 3 port. I understand the dimensions are the same, but the bore is bigger with the 5 port crank. Would this improve bottom or top end? Would it burn more fuel?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:41 AM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It's been discussed on the TZ thread that engine builders (and a few others) are putting the 5p crank in the 3p engine. But this thread is about the Speed Tuned 3p. If you have the ST3p engine I would not swap cranks.
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default O.S. SPEED Part Numbers

Guys,

I spoke with O.S. Car engine designer a few days ago @ IFMAR 200mm World Championship Brendale, AUSTRALIA about the spare parts for O.S SPEED 12TZ.

There was a mistake in printing. In Japan market the booklet shouldn’t have the part numbers for piston, liner, head, and crankshaft.

O.S. in Japan prefer all owner in Japan to send their’s engine back to O.S. Factory for service.
For export engine part numbers should be in the manual booklet but there are none.

O.S. will re-print new manual booklet for export only with all missing part numbers.

There are the part numbers.
Crankcase – 21531100
Crankshaft – 21532100
Piston & Liner – 21533100
Heat Sink – 21534020
Carburetor Assembly – 21538020
Carburetor parts (Needle Assembly – 21538510), (Reducer 5.5mm red – 71533155)

Regards,
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for posting the missing part numbers
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The October 2006 issue of Xtreme RC Cars has a great review of the engine by none other than our very own mxwrench (Brian Kinney). You should check it out!

Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The October 2006 issue of Xtreme RC Cars has a great review of the engine by none other than our very own mxwrench (Brian Kinney). You should check it out!
thanks for the heads-up on the review about this engine. sad to say, our local magazine stand that sell's rc magazine doesn't carry this issue
Old 09-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #84
Tech Elite

here are some pictures of my osspeed tz 3p engine just after break in

Old 09-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #85
Tech Elite

here are more pictures of my engine

Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default crankcase work

hey guys
just a question on the porting inside the crankcase justbelow where the liner sits..

would that porting do much a difference to performance?
on the weekend i broke the piston inside my stock tz and it made some tiny rough grooves just above the top of the crankshaft.

what i did was get the dremel and smooth out these marks and polished up inside the case. was this a good idea? ill try and upload some pics when i get home
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Last edited by ShermanSim; 12-19-2006 at 11:14 PM.
ShermanSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
First question... Are you trying to break in the OS Speed TZ .12 or another motor??? Just had to ask that one... As for Cyrul's break in method, read Cyrul's method again.... You need the motor to be super rich both on the low speed needle and the high speed needle... Just having it fat on the top will not work... With both needles fat and set correctly... Adjust the idle screw so that the motor won't die... Then do the WOT as per Cyrul's mothod... You should run out of fuel very quickly... Don't even think of tuning the motor for racing the first day even if you've gone through 10-12 tanks of fuel... Take your time with the break in and heat cycle the motor between breakin tanks... You won't have any issues if you follow his directions and don't listen to every one at the track in your face telling you to lean it or it's ok to race the motor now... Remember, you'll breaking in a .12 motor and not a .21... They're smaller and requires alot more TLC... It could be the difference of having a 1 gallon motor with no nuts... as to a 4-plus gallon motor with some BALLS...
RC motors cost to much money to waste them breaking them in the wrong way... .02

RC_Alan
I just got my new OS Speed motor and I would like to break it in this way (it worked great on my OS TZ motor... But I want to be sure about something here. On Cyrul's site, he does not talk about running the Low End Needle... see: http://www.cefx.net/tips/nitro/break-in/index.php

Did he miss this part or what I'm I missing? Just asking...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #89
Tech Adept

bvolts: the reason the low end is not mentioned is that it is set close at the factory, and the temps and fuel flow for break in is mainly regulated by the high speed needle. keep this fat and the temps in the correct range, and the low end should have plenty of lubrication. besides, using josh's method, the engine should be at wot (again - regulated by the high speed needle) most of the time.
hope this helps.
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme
Default LSN question

yesterday, i swapped my palmaris engine with OS Speed, and i changed a pipe, so i need to retune my engine. then until today, i found out that there is this weird problem with the LSN, if u lean it too much, the whole throttle linkage doesn't want to move, its just stuck there. so i opened up the carb, clean everything, reinstall back, and its the same. so i would like to know if its the case for OS speed engine? coz for my palmaris, my LSN, i set it to very lean, only about 1/2 turn out (u lean it until the screw ends, then turn out by about 1/2 turn), but for my OS Speed, its not the case. can anyone share this?
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote