R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #166
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
anyone tryed the new spec II yet? or are you all still washing your undies from your experience with the spec I ?
LOL, its not available yet rite?? but i m sure gonna buy that.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #167
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

i thought the reslease date was the beggining of last month...?

could be wrong thats just what i thought i heard somewhere...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #168
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
i thought the reslease date was the beggining of last month...?

could be wrong thats just what i thought i heard somewhere...
dun think its available to us yet.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

O.S. Speed of Japan have announced their engines line up for Summer / Autumn this year and among other non car related engines was the Spec II version of the 12TZ motor. A very popular engine for 200mm class racing in Japan the new version of the O.S. Speed 12TZ looks like a very nice engine, with teardrop work on the liner, a lightened, balanced and coated crankshaft and other new features but i cant give you specifics as the site is made in flash and so i cant translate it.

Source: O.S. Speed [osspeed.com]
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #170
Tech Fanatic

i was wondering if there is any photo of the mod within specII, coz i heard from my frenz that its somehow similar to specI.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 AM   #171
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi Guys,

Ok, here's my problem.....

My O.S. Speed Tuned started giving me hard start problems. I would have to enguage the start box and keep it there for no less than about 20 - 30 secs straight (sometimes more) before the engine would come to life.

Once running, it would perform great. But, once it's off again, problems to start back. Even from a cold start.

This is a pretty new engine. I am rather concerned however, that even after about 15 - 20 tanks the piston is still very tight and I would sometimes need to use an allen driver to remove it off TDC. (Top dead center)

The temps are within safety limits and I replaced fuel lines.

What else could this be???

I am in the process of taking down the engine and would like to know what to look for?

Thanks for any help.

--------------------

Edited

I just took the engine apart. Here are some photos of the piston and head.

Does this not look like it's pitted? What could be the cause?

I use Byron 25% and a P7 plug.

Thanks
I haven't been in RC long enough to see detonation that severe. Thanks for good pics and sorry to see destruction
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #172
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys,

i have a the OS 12tz 5 port, not too sure to use it with the 1040 52mm or the mugen pipe T0968 which is 6mm......any1 heard of the mugen pipe b4...cannot seem to find much info about it...thanks
erric_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #173
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNNy671
Where do I get the os 1040 pipe at the best price? I always wondered why I didn't get much run time...I'm averaging about 5min only...Thanks.
Best place to purchase OS 1040 pipe????????????????? I havent seen OS pipes at LHS, only Nova, Shark,Skyline..............
vc05hdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #174
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Best place to purchase OS 1040 pipe????????????????? I havent seen OS pipes at LHS, only Nova, Shark,Skyline..............
Thanks for responding vc05hdt, I figure I'll just run the skyline pipe I have and get my tuning skills down. One of the experts who runs at my track says to use skyline with the TZ. So I'll give it a try and see if there's a difference. Ciao!
DaNNy671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc05hdt
http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....82964e4cb20e97

This is the best price I have seen....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #176
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Yep... The skyline pipe seems to only get about 5 mins out of a run, but the OS pipe seems to be much better... I got my OS 1040 pipe this week, so Friday I will be testing with it and the new NT1....
Thanks for the link for the 1040 pipe bvoltz.

Did you get to test out the new pipe in your NT1? If so, how did it go?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNNy671
Thanks for the link for the 1040 pipe bvoltz.

Did you get to test out the new pipe in your NT1? If so, how did it go?
Yes, but I was not able to race it... of all the parts I have, I did not have any Spur gears... and the second gear is not compatable with the RRR... but First gear is... They kept on me about the gear mess, and I set by pinching the motor into the gears, and they taking 2 laps for it to wear in, to the prefect mess... My friends got me to try to set it before I took it out on the track.... oops....

My fault... I had to park the NT1, and it was faster... and go back to my trusty RRR...

While I was running it, I got about 7 to 7 1/2 mins. compared to the Skyline, which I get just at 5 mins out of it. And the motor ran 40 degrees cooler... with the OS pipe...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #178
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=DaNNy671]Thanks for the link for the 1040 pipe bvoltz.

This pipe is accepted by IFMAR of EFRA or not?
mrmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #179
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Yes, but I was not able to race it... of all the parts I have, I did not have any Spur gears... and the second gear is not compatable with the RRR... but First gear is... They kept on me about the gear mess, and I set by pinching the motor into the gears, and they taking 2 laps for it to wear in, to the prefect mess... My friends got me to try to set it before I took it out on the track.... oops....

My fault... I had to park the NT1, and it was faster... and go back to my trusty RRR...

While I was running it, I got about 7 to 7 1/2 mins. compared to the Skyline, which I get just at 5 mins out of it. And the motor ran 40 degrees cooler... with the OS pipe...
Bummer about the gear mesh deal and not having the part. At least you got to drive it and feel the car on the track. Sounds like you were a little eager to get it on the track, hell I don't blame you. I'm excited myself but can't do anything cause I'm in south america for vacation...Anyhow, glad to hear the pipe worked out great for you...Allows for more run time and cooler!!..That makes a engine happy...I guess it would make sense that they both would work great with each other because they are the same brand....

What I don't get is why are some pipes better than others?? If anybody can answer that for me that would be helpful...

Happy racing fellas
Old 05-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #180
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erric_13
hi guys,

i have a the OS 12tz 5 port, not too sure to use it with the 1040 52mm or the mugen pipe T0968 which is 6mm......any1 heard of the mugen pipe b4...cannot seem to find much info about it...thanks
mugen pipe is no good for the OS 5 port. i used the mugen pipe and the engine had no bottom end punch. the novarossi fatboy pipe (efra number 2360) works really well with the 3 or 5 port.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote