R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Vantage Carbon Pipe

hey guys,
i just was hoping to find out about the Vantage Carbon pipe for a HPI rs4 3 evo. please let me know your opinions on this pipe. any help would be apreciated.

thanks

daniel
dienem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienem
hey guys,
i just was hoping to find out about the Vantage Carbon pipe for a HPI rs4 3 evo. please let me know your opinions on this pipe. any help would be apreciated.

thanks
daniel

The pipe works very well, but has a tendencie to crack... The cracking is not due to hits either.... What motor were you planning on running with this pipe???

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

hey ,
thanks for the reply its for my friends hpi rs4 evo with the stock T-15 engine. myself i have a o.s 12tz but currently running a kfactory missile 5mm. what would you say about the performance of the pipe

thanks

daniel
dienem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
hey ,
thanks for the reply its for my friends hpi rs4 evo with the stock T-15 engine. myself i have a o.s 12tz but currently running a kfactory missile 5mm. what would you say about the performance of the pipe

thanks

daniel
I have been using this pipe for a while, and all I can say is it is a great pipe both performance and durability wise
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
hey ,

thanks

daniel
That pipe works very well with the OS TZ-12... Great bottom and mid-range power... The plus side about this pipe is that it does not ding or gets dents nor does it get very hot... I have two of them on my TZ's.... My only issue is that the two I have developed cracks in places I've never seen before in tune pipes... One on top of the pipe and the other where the carbon fiber pipe if machined to the metal coupler... ... Over all though, not a bad pipe and great to practice with and for club races...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
That pipe works very well with the OS TZ-12... Great bottom and mid-range power... The plus side about this pipe is that it does not ding or gets dents nor does it get very hot... I have two of them on my TZ's.... My only issue is that the two I have developed cracks in places I've never seen before in tune pipes... One on top of the pipe and the other where the carbon fiber pipe if machined to the metal coupler... ... Over all though, not a bad pipe and great to practice with and for club races...

RC_Alan
when you say practice & club race what do you mean not in big races hey whats up alan
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Tech Regular

This pipe works amazing IMO. On my .12 TZ 5P, everyone says it sounds like an F1 car on the track. Immediate throttle response and power. It also runs cooler than Alum. pipes. I have yet to break-in my 3P OS Speed Tuned with the same pipe to confirm the results with this engine.

So far, I have not developed any cracks other than a hair-line I got when I clipped the track sidings. In this incident, I broke other stuff on the car, so I think the pipe held up pretty well with just a crack on the stinger.

Besides..... a little CA glue and you are back in business. Can't say that for the aluminum pipes.

Like everything in the RC world, once proper development has been put into a product, it all comes down to personal preference and local senario after that.

I was recommend this pipe by Team Kamikaze some months ago and have not been disappointed since.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #8
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
This pipe works amazing IMO. On my .12 TZ 5P, everyone says it sounds like an F1 car on the track. Immediate throttle response and power. It also runs cooler than Alum. pipes. I have yet to break-in my 3P OS Speed Tuned with the same pipe to confirm the results with this engine.

So far, I have not developed any cracks other than a hair-line I got when I clipped the track sidings. In this incident, I broke other stuff on the car, so I think the pipe held up pretty well with just a crack on the stinger.

Besides..... a little CA glue and you are back in business. Can't say that for the aluminum pipes.

Like everything in the RC world, once proper development has been put into a product, it all comes down to personal preference and local senario after that.

I was recommend this pipe by Team Kamikaze some months ago and have not been disappointed since.
What's up my friend? how are you doing?
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Oh, just great!

I am looking forward to a regional race coming up in 3 weeks in Barbados. Should be real exciting.

Just bought a second RRR WC and installed alot of optional parts on it, for this event. I decided on the New OS Speed tuned for this new project.

Will post details when I get back.

(I always check your site for new photo updates. Just love looking at pit photos. You could learn alot)
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

The vantage pipe is the way to go. I have one on my Revo and V1RRR. They are awesome! Holds up great, no cracks. It's noticable power unlike most pipes.
More Juice is offline   Reply With Quote