R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia Home for none of you rc needs!
Posts: 154
Red face Your view on Colari....

hey all i was looking into buying a colari motor..not getting to specific wat does everyone think?
chrisanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

its collari not colari.....and if u got 500 bucks for a 25 i suggest u got for it
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
nitro_racer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 224
Default

i run a collari XS210 im my nitro tourer and the top end is great but not very good bottom end but the guys that run the 21s in off road think there really good
nitro_racer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_racer23
i run a collari XS210 im my nitro tourer and the top end is great but not very good bottom end but the guys that run the 21s in off road think there really good
dude i swear if i had 500 bucks i would go and buy the collari .25 or .32 with absolutely NO regrets.....wer talking bout 4hp with 48000 or so RPM!!!! in an offroad engine thats totally insane!!!!....itll rip the drivetrain in my savage apart like crazy LOL!
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I run a XS200 and I reckon it's fantastic!
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:45 AM   #6
Moderator
 
mxwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victorville, CA USA
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
dude i swear if i had 500 bucks i would go and buy the collari .25 or .32 with absolutely NO regrets.....wer talking bout 4hp with 48000 or so RPM!!!! in an offroad engine thats totally insane!!!!....itll rip the drivetrain in my savage apart like crazy LOL!
ProudSavageOwnr,
WHAT!?! Are you kidding me! On what planet would a Collari 25 or 32 make 4hp and 48000 Rpm? Please reveal your source of this info! I could use a good laugh!

How about 1.39 hp @ 28,500 w/ peak rpm of 33,000. And peak TQ of 55.02 Oz. In.

That sounds alot more realistic doesn't it!
Attached Thumbnails
Your view on Colari....-collari-32.jpg  
__________________
Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:54 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
ProudSavageOwnr,
WHAT!?! Are you kidding me! On what planet would a Collari 25 or 32 make 4hp and 48000 Rpm? Please reveal your source of this info! I could use a good laugh!

How about 1.39 hp @ 28,500 w/ peak rpm of 33,000. And peak TQ of 55.02 Oz. In.

That sounds alot more realistic doesn't it!
just a bit
__________________
-Blitz-Rallyhawk-EX 1.5R-Xpress-P64 Tyrrell-Lotus79-Espirit VTA
EX1.5-SC10 4x4
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
ProudSavageOwnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Leboland Sydney NSW
Posts: 2,826
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr
Default

call up micheal at kelletts hobbies on (02)96022333

he gave me this info....and i dont think its actually a collari engine..it says collari power or sumthing on the box and has a sick ass looking heatsink on it lol...gotta be good for 500 bucks AUSd
__________________
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #9
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,699
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
its collari not colari.....and if u got 500 bucks for a 25 i suggest u got for it
It`s I suggest you GO for it , not Got for it.................Collari is also spelled with an upper case C........
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
soc123_au's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Penrith Australia
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I would like to apoligize on behalf of Australia regarding ProudSavageOwner. Read through a few of his posts & you will undersatnd why. I think he maybe is drinking too much of the nitro intended for his savage.
__________________
Serpent Radio Control Models
Auswide Hobbies
JPM Racing
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #11
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Was around a B7today...takes about 3 minutes to warm up. Once warmed up...that thing screams! They need to completely warmed before any tuning.
__________________
Horizon Hobby/Losi
Sanwa
Savox
HobbyWing
Hyperion
SUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:39 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
nitro_racer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
call up micheal at kelletts hobbies on (02)96022333

he gave me this info....and i dont think its actually a collari engine..it says collari power or sumthing on the box and has a sick ass looking heatsink on it lol...gotta be good for 500 bucks AUSd
I work at Kelletts hobbies on saturdays and sundays the Collaris we stock and import are the innotech series and im telling you now the Collari motors are a great product as i run one as stated in a previous post but michael has no idea what hes talking about 4hp with 48000 i dont think such a thing exists i would like to thank mxwrench for provideing real stats on the motor you are a real asset to the rc industry clearing up the extreme HP claims made by engine manufactures and the service you provide is great.

Cheers
Chris
nitro_racer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:01 AM   #13
Moderator
 
mxwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victorville, CA USA
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_racer23
I work at Kelletts hobbies on saturdays and sundays the Collaris we stock and import are the innotech series and im telling you now the Collari motors are a great product as i run one as stated in a previous post but michael has no idea what hes talking about 4hp with 48000 i dont think such a thing exists i would like to thank mxwrench for provideing real stats on the motor you are a real asset to the rc industry clearing up the extreme HP claims made by engine manufactures and the service you provide is great.

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris!! That is very appreciated!

BK
__________________
Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Anyone run the Collari .12? I think it's a werks collari as it has a goldish sorta heatsink. It just might be since it looks like this:

http://werksracing.com/product.do?sku=WRXLC12PRO3

I wonder how does this rate compared to the OS .12tz.
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Guys collari are now using Nova base engine so i think you have to wait his new engine.
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Person View.... oxxyfx Radio and Electronics 5 05-24-2010 04:48 AM
rc10gt w/ .12 colari bump start engine racingbrian16 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-27-2007 10:11 PM
Is It Just Me or Does Anyone Else can't view CFXpaintworks??? ntc3freak Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 40 08-31-2006 11:10 AM
Please view before posting!!! Ziggy007 Kansas/Missouri Racing 2 12-01-2004 06:19 AM
Birds eye view nascarfreak88 Chat Lounge 6 05-11-2004 08:17 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net