R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #1276
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
ok, i will try to tighten it down to 1.6+ to see how, as its the only stuffs i have in my hand, but i will oso get the orion super hard spring next month. thanks guys.
Bud run the g4s clutch with 1 weight in teh flyweights and use the 1.8 black spring or mugen hard spring.
When you running after every few laps bring the car in and adjust teh clutch tension by 1/4 turn at a time untill you get its how you like it.
A lot of guys always look at the measure ment of pre load but is confusing and not a good way to set up teh clutch.
As you tighten it it will come to a point where teh clutch will slip then back it off 1/4 - 1/2 turn.
But best is to run the car and try the adjustments.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #1277
Tech Apprentice

uniquexme - hey, I tested my crf engine with the kfactory clutch today. It does not have any overheating problems. Still need adjustment for low end power tho.

I use the black kfactory spring with the kfactory red clutch shoe(hard type) with all the weights.
1.65 spring tension
.55 clutch gap
.1 endplay

Oh try to use the crf plug too... I think they have it set up so it runs smoother with their plug
kmaheartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #1278
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

heh everyone, thank you for all your advise, i need those badly. keke.. kmaheartless, (no heart?). hehe... i will try to tighten the spring tension furtherdown, i guess its not tight enough. hiaks.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #1279
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
Fact is that it's not only the spring, it's also about the weights, the shoe and the gap you use. Using a stiffer spring will help, but might not solve all your problems.

Also bear in mind that because the CRF spring is longer, on the G4, I had to use a 0.8mm spacer between the flywheel and flywheel nut to lengthen the distance between the flywheel and flywheel nut extremity, otherwise you can screw the adjust nut on the flywheel nut.

Nano
wht u mean really don't understand got any picture show us thank
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #1280
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Quote:
Fact is that it's not only the spring, it's also about the weights, the shoe and the gap you use. Using a stiffer spring will help, but might not solve all your problems.

Also bear in mind that because the CRF spring is longer, on the G4, I had to use a 0.8mm spacer between the flywheel and flywheel nut to lengthen the distance between the flywheel and flywheel nut extremity, otherwise you can screw the adjust nut on the flywheel nut.

Nano
do u mean we use 1 more adjust nut to screw in between flywheel and flywheel nut? then later use another adjust nut to screw onto the spring? but may i ask y would u want to lengthen this distance?
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #1281
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
heh everyone, thank you for all your advise, i need those badly. keke.. kmaheartless, (no heart?). hehe... i will try to tighten the spring tension furtherdown, i guess its not tight enough. hiaks.
also look at 1st gear gearing. with standard tranny 18/52 is good with 18 brake and 18 side pulley.
With ED 15/52 or 15/51 owuld be good gearing to start with.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 AM   #1282
Tech Adept

The CRF spring uses square wire, this has been especially made for CRF after extensive testing. The weights and the shoe also use very high quality materials and have been extensively tested. These are guaranteed to work well with high power engines like the WASP CRF. This is the same stuff we use everyday to test our engines, and it allows us to test without having to care about the clutch.
Again you can take the best engine in the world, CRF or other, and you will totally kill it's performance if you install a bad clutch on it.
Lack of low end power is a typical sign of a clutch that is too soft.

For the spring tension I haven't seen a decent clutch build using the CRF spring with less than 1.4-1.5mm spring preload.

What I was saying on my particular G4S is that the CRF spring was longer than the original spring, therefore no matter how hard I pushed on the spring adjust nut, I could not get it to engage on the flyhweel nut threads. So I added a spacer like on this drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results-nut.jpg  
Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #1283
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can someone elaborate on the design changes made to the kyosho crf over the original grey head crf? or are they the same?
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #1284
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Thank you Nano,will try tomorrow

Quote:
The CRF spring uses square wire, this has been especially made for CRF after extensive testing. The weights and the shoe also use very high quality materials and have been extensively tested. These are guaranteed to work well with high power engines like the WASP CRF. This is the same stuff we use everyday to test our engines, and it allows us to test without having to care about the clutch.
Again you can take the best engine in the world, CRF or other, and you will totally kill it's performance if you install a bad clutch on it.
Lack of low end power is a typical sign of a clutch that is too soft.

For the spring tension I haven't seen a decent clutch build using the CRF spring with less than 1.4-1.5mm spring preload.

What I was saying on my particular G4S is that the CRF spring was longer than the original spring, therefore no matter how hard I pushed on the spring adjust nut, I could not get it to engage on the flyhweel nut threads. So I added a spacer like on this drawing.
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #1285
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=18659
is this engine from rcmart, the real deal or a fake? how can you tell?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #1286
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Frankie, this is the earlier version I think.. please search for Wasp 2007 spec engine..

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #1287
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil View Post
Frankie, this is the earlier version I think.. please search for Wasp 2007 spec engine..

Asil
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLVV7&P=DS

what about this one, there bloody cheap and i am ken to know the differance anyone can show examples of fake and original?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #1288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak View Post
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLVV7&P=DS

what about this one, there bloody cheap and i am ken to know the differance anyone can show examples of fake and original?
There are no fake engines floating around. What you see at tower is probably the original or the original with the first update (needle holder, carb body, carb insert). Unfortunately, Team Orion did not change the part number for the first minor revision.

The part number you want is below:

PART # ORI80600 WASP Rev CRF 2007 available March 2007

Also keep in mind, that Kyosho will be selling their version of the CRF very shortly. I haven't heard of a timeframe for it's release, so I'm not sure how long you would have to wait. As I understand it, this version is slightly different as well.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #1289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think at least an '06 Cyrul spec would be the earliest engine you would want to go for. When buying part number #ORI80000, ensure the seller can verify that the box is marked 'cyrul spec'.

Frankie, you might want to check with your LHS as HEI(Australian distributor) has these at a reduced price to the shops. May not be as cheap as the tower one but you will know what you are getting.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #1290
Tech Adept

Did Josh Cyrul use an Orion Wasp CRF in the A main at the 2007 Capitol Classic @ 301 Raceway, which was held earlier this month?
Nosram is offline   Reply With Quote