R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #1231
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry...i forgot it..
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #1232
Tech Adept

Nano, thank you very much.
I'm sure the information is elsewhere in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it........... What performance changes will the new carb insert give me?
Thank you once again.
Nosram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #1233
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY!
NANO,The Josh Cyrul motor WAS SOLD IN THE PACKAGE WITH PIPE AND CLUTCH PARTS ONLY?WHAT IS HIS CODE?THE MANUAL IS THE SAME WITH THE OLD'S ENGINE?IF I SAY YOU THE THE CODE THAT IS WRITEN UNDER THE ENGINE CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT ENGINE I HAVE?
Hi, no worries, everything sounds normal. As long as you have the conical carburator insert fitted on the carburator (old 2006 has cup shaped carburator insert), then it means you have the right engine.
Where did you buy the engine from?^^
Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #1234
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosram
Nano, thank you very much.
I'm sure the information is elsewhere in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it........... What performance changes will the new carb insert give me?
Thank you once again.
Basically it improves performance throughout the rpm range. On some tracks, it also helps fuel economy.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #1235
Tech Adept

Nano, thank you again! I spoke today with Devon at Orion in the US, they do not have the #81358 in stock.
Is there a model shop in the US that might carry this part? I have checked Tower, to no avail.
Thank you again.
Nosram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:04 AM   #1236
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
I followed the advises I received and the problem at the low after refueling was solved.
I tested the engine in a very small technical track, which needs a lot of torque at the low rpm and the engine surprised me once more.
Ziggy12345, the tip for backing out 1/4 the spray screw was the key to the problem.
Thanks everybody.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #1237
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu View Post
Hi guys,
I followed the advises I received and the problem at the low after refueling was solved.
I tested the engine in a very small technical track, which needs a lot of torque at the low rpm and the engine surprised me once more.
Ziggy12345, the tip for backing out 1/4 the spray screw was the key to the problem.
Thanks everybody.
Is this 1/4 turn on top of the 1.5turn from close or 1/4 turn from close only?

thanks in advance!
OrAnGe PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #1238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR View Post
Is this 1/4 turn on top of the 1.5turn from close or 1/4 turn from close only?

thanks in advance!
Hi,
On top. So in total, I would say 1 and 3/4 turns out from fully screwed.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #1239
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu View Post
Hi,
On top. So in total, I would say 1 and 3/4 turns out from fully screwed.
Thank you.. I'll give it a try!
OrAnGe PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #1240
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosram View Post
Nano, thank you again! I spoke today with Devon at Orion in the US, they do not have the #81358 in stock.
Is there a model shop in the US that might carry this part? I have checked Tower, to no avail.
Thank you again.
Hi, they should have it in stock, unfortunately it seems that the person that answered your call is misinformed. I would try to contact someone else, like Joe, Pat or Cliff.

Nano
Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #1241
Tech Apprentice

Hello

I just got my CRF wasp ReV .12 Cyrul Spec today. It looks pretty good out of the box. But when I was trying to install the flywheel on the crankshaft, I notice that parts ORI81336 is not fully tightened to the combustion chamber. Same with the cylinder head. Is this normal?

Another question is if any of you guys tried the kfactory ufo clutch set with this engine? All I have on hand is the kfactory ones, and it will take weeks before I can get another. So I am wondering what you guys think about it.
kmaheartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #1242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaheartless View Post
Hello

I just got my CRF wasp ReV .12 Cyrul Spec today. It looks pretty good out of the box. But when I was trying to install the flywheel on the crankshaft, I notice that parts ORI81336 is not fully tightened to the combustion chamber. Same with the cylinder head. Is this normal?

Another question is if any of you guys tried the kfactory ufo clutch set with this engine? All I have on hand is the kfactory ones, and it will take weeks before I can get another. So I am wondering what you guys think about it.

i hve the same engine with u, and running TM G4S with the stock UFO. i found that Low End is rather weak, some advise i get was to change to harder spring and tightened it to around 1.0-1.5mm. so i think i will try to get the K-Factory new spring to try out.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #1243
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
i hve the same engine with u, and running TM G4S with the stock UFO. i found that Low End is rather weak, some advise i get was to change to harder spring and tightened it to around 1.0-1.5mm. so i think i will try to get the K-Factory new spring to try out.
Im also new to G4 and CRF, this weekend i had very good luck with it (won second round of our national series).
If you cant get orion clutch conversion kit, use K-factory black spring (1.8mm) and red clutch shoe.
With this setup and stock gearing you still wont have strong low end, so suggestion is to change gearing to 18/23 and 52/47. Havnt tried it yet, but it should work.
Please keep in mind, that by doing this, fuel consumption increase.
Maybe someone have a solution for low runtime problem and that low gearing?
JanisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 AM   #1244
Tech Apprentice

Janisk - Hey thanks for the advice! But how do you determine which gear ratio works best for the crf? Is there a math formula that you can share? Do you mean the 1.8mm yellow spring? I dont think they have a black one.

Unique - Yeah, seems like we should be getting the yellow kfactory spring. But I am wondering if we can replace the spring with the team orion crf clutch spring. However, according to towerhobbies, it seems like its 20mm shorter than the kfactory?

Again, Could someone please answer me if your engine comes with the screws NOT fully tightened (its like half way) to the combustion chamber? same with the cylinder head? I got mine without them being fully tightened, so I dont know if it is factory problem, or its the way this engine is made.
kmaheartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:21 AM   #1245
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

kmaheartless~I droped my gearing from 17/23 to 16/22 on my MTX4 and this solves the problem with the low end.

As for run time, fuel consumption is not effected.

You could message Zoom as he is running the G4S and Orion combo with great sucess.

On another note Zoom and I finished 3 and 4 with our CRF's at our recent state titles. The only CRF there so to put them both near the top was a good weekend.

Cheers
....Axial Wraith....
.......... 😃 ..........
arr see car is offline   Reply With Quote