R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #1096
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

yesterday, my CRF 2007 hesitated to start but it was my fault, I forgot that it's plug needs a higher glowplug driver adjustment. I adjusted it and it started right away.. During all day head temp was around 100-110 C and it started when flywheel just touched starter box wheel

I used the biggest 2nd gear pinion n my G4S and wow, speed at the end of straight was awesome..

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #1097
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
Hey nano let me ask you, why is the engine so hard to restart after you have ran a tank of fuel, even though the engine is great and not overheating.. And it is just not me other guys I have talked to about it.. Is there a lean spot somewhere, that is the only issue I have with the engine hard start, and the tunning changes after a long main..
You guys too? I thought it was just me.

Engine starts right up at the start of the day. After that, it's a bit more challenging.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #1098
Tech Regular

If I am loosing power with the o.s. carb as Nano says, That is fine because my engine is fast as hell and I have too worry it not starting or any other tunning issues And this motor is more than I can handle on our local tight track..and I don't mean this in a bad way Nano, I am just saying it is a whole lot easier to tune..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #1099
Tech Adept

Quote:
If I am loosing power with the o.s. carb as Nano says, That is fine because my engine is fast as hell and I have too worry it not starting or any other tunning issues And this motor is more than I can handle on our local tight track..and I don't mean this in a bad way Nano, I am just saying it is a whole lot easier to tune..
No problem, as I said if it works for you then it's cool, I just wanted to point out that ultimately you would have less performance.

As for starting the engine when it's hot, we've never had that problem, the way we run the engine (fuel, pipe and so on).

Nano
Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #1100
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nano,

I am having some trouble trying to tune the motor so that it will drop to idle straight away. Temps seem ok and it is running fine.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #1101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default B4

Try lowering the idle first,if that doesnt work richin up the lowend one mark at a time.That should work
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #1102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4
Nano,

I am having some trouble trying to tune the motor so that it will drop to idle straight away. Temps seem ok and it is running fine.
Did you try Bobby's procedure? Post #1046.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #1103
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

guys, plug question on the CRF, taking the motor apart i noticed that the top of the Orion plug does not sit flush with the top of the turbo head.. as seen in the picture its getting a tight seal like the standard plug, is this normal?
does it seal from the other side where the filiment is?
it looks 2mm or so short on top..

thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results-plug-002.jpg  
jetbill007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #1104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill007
guys, plug question on the CRF, taking the motor apart i noticed that the top of the Orion plug does not sit flush with the top of the turbo head.. as seen in the picture its getting a tight seal like the standard plug, is this normal?
does it seal from the other side where the filiment is?
it looks 2mm or so short on top..

thanks for any help.
The seal is created in the combustion chamber side, not on the top.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #1105
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
The seal is created in the combustion chamber side, not on the top.
makes sense, thanks
jetbill007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #1106
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MRX4-R03]If your are still having trouble tunning and if you have a o.s. tz carb use it but use it with the orion wasp high speed needle and your engine will start up on every try and no more hassle I figured this out and now all the guys over here using and love it, I am running mine with a nova 6mm insert and getting over 6min run time, running right at 230-245 deg..
Try it and tell me what you think..the problem with the os high speed needle the wasp needs more fuel at top and the os can only put out so much before it starts leaning out and only has 2 holes on it, with the orion has 4 holes and delivers more than enough fuel.. [/QUOTE

ISN'T THE PROBLEM THE CRF HAS IS IN THE HIGHSPEED NEEDLE? WITH IT'S LACK OF TAPER ISN'T THAT WHAT MAKES IT SO SENSITIVE? JUST ASKING SINCE IM ABOUT TO TRY THE TZ CARB ON IT.HOWS THE TUNNING WITH THE CRF NEEDLE IN THE OS CARB?
Team Trinity
[url]www.teamtrinity.com[/url]
Gary Figueroa
GFIGUEROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #1107
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=GFIGUEROA]
Quote:
If your are still having trouble tunning and if you have a o.s. tz carb use it but use it with the orion wasp high speed needle and your engine will start up on every try and no more hassle I figured this out and now all the guys over here using and love it, I am running mine with a nova 6mm insert and getting over 6min run time, running right at 230-245 deg..
Try it and tell me what you think..the problem with the os high speed needle the wasp needs more fuel at top and the os can only put out so much before it starts leaning out and only has 2 holes on it, with the orion has 4 holes and delivers more than enough fuel.. [/QUOTE

ISN'T THE PROBLEM THE CRF HAS IS IN THE HIGHSPEED NEEDLE? WITH IT'S LACK OF TAPER ISN'T THAT WHAT MAKES IT SO SENSITIVE? JUST ASKING SINCE IM ABOUT TO TRY THE TZ CARB ON IT.HOWS THE TUNNING WITH THE CRF NEEDLE IN THE OS CARB?
So far good but if you wanna try the OS carb before you remove the high speed needle for the crf high speed try it first ..
lets us know what you think!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #1108
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

today i will try my crf (version 1) using os cab,hope is good for me,i thinking to buy other engine,just thinking to buy crf 07 set,353,12-3sct,any opinion for me ,also wht pipe both of you using at crf,now i using vxr 6mm pipes,anyone using nova 2630 pipe,how is performance,hope both of u can help me thank a lot
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #1109
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
today i will try my crf (version 1) using os cab,hope is good for me,i thinking to buy other engine,just thinking to buy crf 07 set,353,12-3sct,any opinion for me ,also wht pipe both of you using at crf,now i using vxr 6mm pipes,anyone using nova 2630 pipe,how is performance,hope both of u can help me thank a lot
I have used the skyline vr12 plus and right now I am using the nova 2630 I think the 2630 is alittle better than the vr12 plus but other than that they are both great pipes..
Old 05-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #1110
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Quote:
I have used the skyline vr12 plus and right now I am using the nova 2630 I think the 2630 is alittle better than the vr12 plus but other than that they are both great pipes..

so 6mm or 5mm better,cause now try RB 5mm pipes,if my wasp (version 1) using os cab got any problems,cause need join competition this months thank bro
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote