R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #1081
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawz
Hello.

I am looking for the CFR Clutch conv. kit for a TM G4S, and canīt find where to order. Horizon Hobby says itīs discontinued ????

Can someone tell where to get it, or does it not ship anymore ?

Thankx!
Clutch part numbers are listed on this page:
http://www.teamorion.com/Products/Nitro+Clutches

Best bet is to call Team Orion directly.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 AM   #1082
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawz
Hello.

I am looking for the CFR Clutch conv. kit for a TM G4S, and canīt find where to order. Horizon Hobby says itīs discontinued ????

Can someone tell where to get it, or does it not ship anymore ?

Thankx!
Bud use the red Kfactory clutch shoe and all the weights and 1.8mm black spring or Mugen super hard spring.
Its been a mission to find the G4S clutch sets ,had no luck too.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 AM   #1083
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I'll see if my guy has any left.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #1084
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Dont you use the RRR clutch for the G4? I thought they were the same

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #1085
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

No they are different. The G4S UFO clutch has it's own kit from ORION.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #1086
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Staten Island ny
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Is anybody carrying the latest model yet?
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #1087
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

I was at the track today and was tuning up the Murnan CRF for the race on Sunday. I had a bit of trouble with the low end lag and was fiddling with the middle needle. I managed to solve it and the engine is flying.

Is the screw on the end (middle needle) the same as the ones on an old Novarossi engine? It didnt seem like it had the same effect.

Anyway it seem to sort out the engine and the low end lag dissapered

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #1088
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

any word on the 21 3.5cc engine's
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #1089
Tech Adept
 
Schrijver99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Near Serpent (grrrr)
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
I was at the track today and was tuning up the Murnan CRF for the race on Sunday. I had a bit of trouble with the low end lag and was fiddling with the middle needle. I managed to solve it and the engine is flying.

Is the screw on the end (middle needle) the same as the ones on an old Novarossi engine? It didnt seem like it had the same effect.

Anyway it seem to sort out the engine and the low end lag dissapered

Cheers
Can you post your settings? and did you remove the 0.2mm head shim?

Thx
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #1090
Tech Regular
 
MRX4-R03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 318
Default

If your are still having trouble tunning and if you have a o.s. tz carb use it but use it with the orion wasp high speed needle and your engine will start up on every try and no more hassle I figured this out and now all the guys over here using and love it, I am running mine with a nova 6mm insert and getting over 6min run time, running right at 230-245 deg..
Try it and tell me what you think..the problem with the os high speed needle the wasp needs more fuel at top and the os can only put out so much before it starts leaning out and only has 2 holes on it, with the orion has 4 holes and delivers more than enough fuel..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #1091
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
If your are still having trouble tunning and if you have a o.s. tz carb use it but use it with the orion wasp high speed needle and your engine will start up on every try and no more hassle I figured this out and now all the guys over here using and love it, I am running mine with a nova 6mm insert and getting over 6min run time, running right at 230-245 deg..
Try it and tell me what you think..the problem with the os high speed needle the wasp needs more fuel at top and the os can only put out so much before it starts leaning out and only has 2 holes on it, with the orion has 4 holes and delivers more than enough fuel..
Is that the new HSN or the original HSN? I am soooooo tempted to try the OS carb on this thing...
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #1092
Tech Regular
 
MRX4-R03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 318
Default

I am using the new hsn but looking at the older there is really not that much of a difference and I think one of the guys over here that I told is using the older one with no problem,,,
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #1093
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrijver99
Can you post your settings? and did you remove the 0.2mm head shim?

Thx
only the 0.1mm shim installed with a No 5 plug. LSN is 2 turns out and HSN 4. The middle screw is 3/4 turn out. I am going to take the carb to bits to see what the middle screw does.
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #1094
Tech Adept
 
Nano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 205
Default

About using the OS carburator, the OS carb might be easier to adjust for you, but it will make the engine slower. If it's still fast enough for you then it's ok, but just be aware that it will hinder the engine's performance.
The trick with our carb is to make tiny adjustments at a time, not 1/2 or 1/4 turns at once. When you are close to the good setting you don't even need to move the needles one mark.

The middle screw (spray nozzle) we use 1.5 turns out from fully screwed in. This setting we always use and never touch. Again if you believe something else works for you that's cool, but we never touch it.

Nano
Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #1095
Tech Regular
 
MRX4-R03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SA,TX
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano
About using the OS carburator, the OS carb might be easier to adjust for you, but it will make the engine slower. If it's still fast enough for you then it's ok, but just be aware that it will hinder the engine's performance.
The trick with our carb is to make tiny adjustments at a time, not 1/2 or 1/4 turns at once. When you are close to the good setting you don't even need to move the needles one mark.

The middle screw (spray nozzle) we use 1.5 turns out from fully screwed in. This setting we always use and never touch. Again if you believe something else works for you that's cool, but we never touch it.

Nano
Hey nano let me ask you, why is the engine so hard to restart after you have ran a tank of fuel, even though the engine is great and not overheating.. And it is just not me other guys I have talked to about it.. Is there a lean spot somewhere, that is the only issue I have with the engine hard start, and the tunning changes after a long main..
MRX4-R03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Orion Wasp REV Nicolas Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 183 10-05-2006 09:04 AM
team orion wasp rev MAVICXXX Malaysian R/C Racers 31 09-19-2006 09:18 PM
Team Orion - Wasp!! BundyMan Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 03-03-2006 03:10 AM
Orion Element 19t Dyno results rinkrat99 Electric On-Road 7 10-09-2005 07:29 PM
Team Orion Wasp .12 HaLo_UsMc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 03-16-2005 07:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net