Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rody
That team Orion Pipe looks to be the same as the Mugen 2501 pipe made by M Mielke. Great pipe.
It is manufactured by Mielke, but it's a CRF design optimized for the Wasp engine.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by corallyman
Nano,

Which clutch type of the 3 you mentioned would work with the Team Magic G4s car.

Steve
We are making one (right now finishing testing) specially for the Team Magic G4S, it should be available at the same time as the others.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silverM3
How much are you guys paying for this engine? Most of the places selling it over $300. I think this is a bit overpriced. For this price, I can get a new NovaRossi 12 plus 3 Ceramic. What is the MSRP for it? thx.
Overpriced? with this engine you get something that has as much or even more power than a super modified engine that you will pay 500$+ for. Without talking about the technology inside...
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Is there room in the engine to lower the sleeve by 0.3mm on this engine? I was thinking of trying a mod where I skim 0.3mm off the bottom of the sleeve flange to adjust the port timing.

If you get a BRB set it comes with 0.3mm of undersleeve shims (3 x 0.1mm) so you can raise the sleeve. Raising the sleeve moves the power band up the curve so for fast tracks you add shims and tight tracks take them out. I was hoping I could do the same to the CRF

Cheers
A lot of testing has been made on a small indoor track and in these conditions the engine has way enough power so it was assumed that it wouldn't be needed to lower the sleeve. Shimming under the sleeve can be done to increase top end though.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nano
It is manufactured by Mielke, but it's a CRF design optimized for the Wasp engine.
Mielke pipes are great. Nice powerband and insane top-end. They are also very strong.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

A lot of testing has been made on a small indoor track and in these conditions the engine has way enough power so it was assumed that it wouldn't be needed to lower the sleeve. Shimming under the sleeve can be done to increase top end though.
I doubt it as the burn speed of methanol is now the limiting factor. At 36,000 RPM The mixture doesnt have time to burn fully before the ports open. This why .21 engine can rev higher than .12s.

Cheers
Old 06-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

ziggy, nothing to doubt, just check the dyno testing and test results made by Josh ! I saw the engine in use and I can tell you, the question is not the burn speed of methanol but more to practice enough to be able to drive the car with so much power !!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will Orion be making any pipes for a right side exhaust car (Tamiya, Kyosho, Ofna)? I'd love to have one optimized for the engine once I get it. If not, that Vantage will have to do the trick.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Overpriced? with this engine you get something that has as much or even more power than a super modified engine that you will pay 500$+ for. Without talking about the technology inside...
Hi Nano.
I am not going to talk about pricing or power, but defenetly want to talk about technology. What different technology are you talking about inside the engine? beside Nikasil plating-which also been use in the past in some of OS and Zenoah RC engines. BTW, Nikasil is not 2-3 times harder then Chrome plating, just about 7-9 % and mostly use in automotive and other industries to coat Al alloys, but it is defenetly much easier to implement in high speed manufacturing-chrome plating required much more waste managment technologies and more expencive.
Beside that I didn't see different in TECHNOLOGY inside engine compare to any other brand.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Edward have you already seen how the engine is made, it is totally new technology. Check the video they made !

A Vickers Harness test was done between cylinders of hard chrome vs. NikaSil
Hard chrome was approximately 600.
NikaSil was about 1180. Almost twice as hard.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barclayrc
Edward have you already seen how the engine is made, it is totally new technology. Check the video they made !
Yes. And I saw video as well, this is why i want to understand what different technology is there-all CNC machining. BTW I have even seen when ports on sleeve burned by laser-that was new technology couple of years ago.
May be you mean design-but it is not technology-it is different design
Check this web site for reference I just found http://www.eci2fly.com/pages/products_Ni+C.aspx
Old 06-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Eduard, you are such a KILLJOY!!!

Se ya this weekend!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxwrench

Se ya this weekend!
Hey BK. Are you going to be there on Friday as well? Seems like we will be there from Friday every day till next Sunday.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mxwrench
I was thinking just the same, damn this guy is picky...

Ok so new technology for RC engines that no one else thought of or was able to implement in RC engines, in order to get superior performance, efficiency and durability. How does that sound
Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know its early to even bring this up , especially when talking about how great this motor is. But due to the comment on hardness of nikasil, how long will this motors last or have lasted?

Essentially are we looking at longer lives as well or about the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.