R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Porting the header/manifold?

I was looking at the opening on my header and comparing it to the exhaust port of my engine, and there is a huge difference in size. To me that would be very restrictive, but maybe you need it to be since it is a 2 stroke engine.

Has anyone ever tried to enlarge the exhaust port opening on a side exhaust header/manifold? Would there be any gains in doing this or would it be just a waste of time?
Old 05-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn
I was looking at the opening on my header and comparing it to the exhaust port of my engine, and there is a huge difference in size. To me that would be very restrictive, but maybe you need it to be since it is a 2 stroke engine.

Has anyone ever tried to enlarge the exhaust port opening on a side exhaust header/manifold? Would there be any gains in doing this or would it be just a waste of time?
That used to be a very common thing. I did that on every engine header combo for a little extra power. It doesn't get talked about much because of the popularity of the rear exhaust .12's
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
Tech Adept

When i used to run pullstart i had that same problem so i did open up the mouth of the header with a dremel this made a notable difference but i have been told its not only the size you open it up to but its also the shape but with rear exhaust you dont have this problem hope this helps.

cheers
Chris
nitro_racer23 is offline   Reply With Quote