Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing .12 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

i personally recommend my ofna/picco .12 thank you very much.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default chill out guys!!!

all i wanted was to do a comparison btw the 3 engines i mentioned,
suddenly it has becum a war of words...

TeamKamikaze,
i totally understand if you stand by a certain brand, i got no prob wif that.
but try not to sound too biased against other brands...

Edward,
i know you've got an engine too. it might irk you that there are others who say that this or that engine will smoke the competition. just don't get too worked up by these remarks okay?
in fact, i was very keen on your profi pr.12 but it was abit out of my price range. believe it or not, the 3 engines i mentioned was bout $50 cheaper than the pr.12
btw, i know that you've gone thru' many engines, have you personally come across the 'm.collari' sirio? if yes, any comments on this engine?

My Final Words...
we all know that the engine is just a component of a winning car. other factors such as luck, d set-up of the car and ultimately the driver himself will determine an Amain champion.
i've seen an expert driver winning with a mediocre engine, but i won't deny that a powerful engine definitely gives you an edge...
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
My Final Words...
we all know that the engine is just a component of a winning car. other factors such as luck, d set-up of the car and ultimately the driver himself will determine an Amain champion.
i've seen an expert driver winning with a mediocre engine, but i won't deny that a powerful engine definitely gives you an edge...
Said it all. I have seen some weak engines win because the people with the horse power cant drive. Let us know how the engine decision goes.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, I do have engine, but I am not try to promote it here, in this stream-I have my Palmaris Racing place.
As price-I am really surprize that you found the place where PR12 was more expencive then any of three motors mentioned above. I feel really sory that you got that pricing. Something is not right about it.
I have seen Collary Sirio running on Cristal park by one of the local guys and I know he had an issue with overheating, but I decided to don't get involve and was doing my thing there. So I can't really give you any advice on that engine.
Edward
Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Regional Moderator

My vote is for JP FX, but if price matter go for OS TZ
Old 05-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

I don't want to hijack this thread but I want to ghet a high performace motor....I have been running NS12S3 in my touring car and it time to sent it away, its 3 years old, I need something with a lot of power, so anything goes, but I don't have a huge wallet either...

and also whare can I buy the motor you suggest..
Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

My vote is for JP FX, but if price matter go for OS TZ
I personally own the .12 os tz. I’m new RC cars and would like to upgrade to a fast engine.

I been going through this thread and saw that one person was going on about the JP FX 3port mod engine, taking 8 out of the top ten places. I was at this race as a spectator, and about 80% of the guys used this engine in any case.

Some of these guys run at our track, and they make me look like a moving obstacle on the back straight. I now gearing plays a role as well, but there is no way a standard os tz 3 port engine can keep up with that engine.

Does anyone know if the os tz speed tuned is any good, and the main Question is, will it keep up with these JP engines?

What other top engines can you guys recommend? I need a fast engine, not just a midfield engine.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Seems like too many pointless arguments here. These days almost all top of the line .12 modded engines are close to if not the same in performance. What differentiates them are the different power bands they offer.

Many people seem to forget about the .12 tz engines from OS....especially the modified versions wich are blistering fast. Japanese companys like OS have the time, money and facilities to make top of the line engines like the Italian/French engines, and if they are modded beat out the competition for fractions of the cost.

My point is: Keep your options open and see what actually works.....too many keyboard racers on this site.

Cheers,
Old 07-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ProE
I personally own the .12 os tz. I’m new RC cars and would like to upgrade to a fast engine.

I been going through this thread and saw that one person was going on about the JP FX 3port mod engine, taking 8 out of the top ten places. I was at this race as a spectator, and about 80% of the guys used this engine in any case.

Some of these guys run at our track, and they make me look like a moving obstacle on the back straight. I now gearing plays a role as well, but there is no way a standard os tz 3 port engine can keep up with that engine.

Does anyone know if the os tz speed tuned is any good, and the main Question is, will it keep up with these JP engines?

What other top engines can you guys recommend? I need a fast engine, not just a midfield engine.

I run the OS tz EB Mods version (sick fast)...raced that engine at the Canadian Gas Nationals and had the same if not more pulling power then all the top modded engines....OH and ....I never flamed out once. Most of all the other modded engines were flamming out left right and center...thats the difference between good machine/hand work.

Cheers,
Old 07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
m_J
Tech Rookie

Default thunder tiger

hey i was wondering wat thunder tiger is like as a brand when it comes to reliablity, performance and mantanence ??? could sum1 help me out??
Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default to m_J

just my opinion,

when it comes to engines, it's best that you spend abit more and get a reputable brand.
i personally stay off those taiwanese made 'thunder tiger included' engines (don't flame me! )
1st, they don't last. 2nd, performancewise, nothing to shout abt and lastly, for bout $30~50 more you cld get a better engine.
the only taiwanese engine that impresses me is the 'SH brand' powerwise quite impressive but ?? bout durability.

you're better off with italian ones (if you've got the $$) or get the OS TZ (value for the $$).
i guess that when we fork out a certain amt of $$$ on an engine, we want both performance and longevity out of the engine...

and just to keep you guys updated, i bought the team orion wasp CRF. not run it yet, but now intending to sell it and get the OSspeed TZ.

anyone from SFO/bay area here, int'd in a wasp CRF for $240?
do PM me...
Old 07-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
wana conduct a poll btw 3 engines that i'm intending to buy.
saw these 3 engines recently, now deciding which one to get...

1. JP mod Novarossi NSR5
2. Novamax P3
3. Sirio evo2 'collari mod'

i don't mind getting a 3 or a 5 port engine.
any feedback and comments wld be appreciated.
thanks!
maybe late to say but jp novamax sirio novarossi,there all good os is good for the money but they dont last long.