R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
I have made my own pinching tool that works very well.
I used a collett from our bridgeport and machined a holder for it. I then mounted it on a flat piece of steel so I can hold it.
The collett is threaded at one end, It slides in the holder I made and I use a torque wrench to pinch it. Very easy to control.
I have done quite a few and am very happy with the results.
More people are finding that I have this and are asking me to pinch their sleeves.
Most of the time it does seem to give the engine a bit more life but it has lost a little bit of performance. Still good for practice or a back up engine if needed.
Greg Esser
Greg Esser's setup is quite nice. I like the fact that he has total control of how much pinch is delivered and doesn't go too far.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how long can i expect a pinch to last on a O.S. sleeve? Is it even worth it? I sent one off to rayaracing. I read somewhere that pinching a o.s. sleeve in particular is pointless because the liner o.s. uses is thiner, not like nova and picco.

But i always thought o.s. sleeve was as thick as a picco i have. Anybody pinch any o.s. motors? I have about 6 o.s. sleeves i wana pinch. Sent one to ray to see if it's worth it. They are all in good condition too.

and who is o.s. rocket? I keep reading about him but can never find him.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
how long can i expect a pinch to last on a O.S. sleeve? Is it even worth it? I sent one off to rayaracing. I read somewhere that pinching a o.s. sleeve in particular is pointless because the liner o.s. uses is thiner, not like nova and picco.

But i always thought o.s. sleeve was as thick as a picco i have. Anybody pinch any o.s. motors? I have about 6 o.s. sleeves i wana pinch. Sent one to ray to see if it's worth it. They are all in good condition too.

and who is o.s. rocket? I keep reading about him but can never find him.
Duuuh,
I posted the link earlier:

http://www.osrocketracing.com/
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #34
Tech Elite

he says he uses a cnc maching in two stages and that he doesn't pinch them but uses instead.

That does not make any sense. There is no way to get the sleeve smaller unless you pinch it.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #35
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have pinched quite a few OS engines with awesome results....even my personal Ninja is pinched and running awesome...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
he says he uses a cnc maching in two stages and that he doesn't pinch them but uses instead.

That does not make any sense. There is no way to get the sleeve smaller unless you pinch it.

He uses a cnc machine to pinch the sleeve rather than a mechanical arbor press like shown is Ray video's. I have engines pinched by both and they both do a steller job!!!

I did have a Novarossi 3sct pinched once and It was extremely hard to get the sleeve back into the crankcase. Not sure how this happen; maybe the die used to hold the sleeve left burrs on the outside.

Just remember to change the rod and maybe the bearings.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 08-05-2010 at 12:14 PM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Those sleeve pinching ring/clamps are a joke. They out of round the cylinder and do not taper it at all. They leave some sides of your piston too tight in the sleeve then other parts loose. They feel tight but There is not a correct fit of the psiton/sleeve. Since RC engine rely on metal to metal sealing of the piston/sleeve if its not absolutly perfectly round. It will not run good and not last.

Resizing is not that much and the results are far superior.

Check out Rcrenew.com
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidmann1 View Post
Those sleeve pinching ring/clamps are a joke. They out of round the cylinder and do not taper it at all. They leave some sides of your piston too tight in the sleeve then other parts loose. They feel tight but There is not a correct fit of the psiton/sleeve. Since RC engine rely on metal to metal sealing of the piston/sleeve if its not absolutly perfectly round. It will not run good and not last.
Then you have to tell me why most people using these crappy tools do have good results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidmann1 View Post
Check out Rcrenew.com
We from rcrenew advise only rcrenew ?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to g-wan Send a message via Yahoo to g-wan

may i know where can i get this stuff since i got alot of my old engine that is now being display in my room as they dont have new sleeve or being discountined..wish i can get 1 of those
xray t3 2012 / tekin rs pro / reedy / savox
km racing / sworkz / xray / savox / sanwa / os speed / sweep / ulti / blitz
g-wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-wan View Post
may i know where can i get this stuff since i got alot of my old engine that is now being display in my room as they dont have new sleeve or being discountined..wish i can get 1 of those

I wouldn't suggest your purchasing any kind resizing equipment , and still that no matter which requires a reasonable amount experiences to learn craft , for your own personal use in doing only a few engines. Ask around your racing community and you may find someone that is tooled and experienced to do your engine models. I am tooled for resizing ALL car, truck, buggy, and truggy engine models. Feel free to email me with questions you may have.
TOOLING: http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to g-wan Send a message via Yahoo to g-wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayA View Post
I wouldn't suggest your purchasing any kind resizing equipment , and still that no matter which requires a reasonable amount experiences to learn craft , for your own personal use in doing only a few engines. Ask around your racing community and you may find someone that is tooled and experienced to do your engine models. I am tooled for resizing ALL car, truck, buggy, and truggy engine models. Feel free to email me with questions you may have.
well it hard to say,but speak to true its hard to find someone that can rebuild back the old engine here,as our choice is limited,rebuild or buy new engine..that the only choice we have,so wish i can sent some of my engine part for rebuild..
xray t3 2012 / tekin rs pro / reedy / savox
km racing / sworkz / xray / savox / sanwa / os speed / sweep / ulti / blitz
g-wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Default rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-wan View Post
well it hard to say,but speak to true its hard to find someone that can rebuild back the old engine here,as our choice is limited,rebuild or buy new engine..that the only choice we have,so wish i can sent some of my engine part for rebuild..
Ied be happy to help you with the Piston+Sleeve sets . Just use my order form and ship International Post for a 3 or 4 bucks each way usualy takes a week each way. Any questions of conrod and crank pin wear ship them with piston+sleeve sets for free inspection. Hope this helps. kind regards

RayAracing
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #43
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RayA does the best work...he gets all my motors. Super professional, quick and great prices.
jakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerz View Post
RayA does the best work...he gets all my motors. Super professional, quick and great prices.
Thanks! You guys do keep me busy Of course that is a good thing

RayAracing