Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
which engine is best for starters >

which engine is best for starters

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys a newbie Q...
bought meself a hobao gpx4 pro ... and it comes with the hyper .12 engine which is so damn hard to tune for starters with no low range... and because of that i think it sucks up so much fuel all the time...
i m planning to change it but dunno which is best and easy for starters...
brands have in mind
os
picco

btw i have a question on ports.. wats the meaning of 3/5port engines.. wats the difference???
any1 pls pls tell me.... thnx thnx
Old 04-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spdz
hey guys a newbie Q...
bought meself a hobao gpx4 pro ... and it comes with the hyper .12 engine which is so damn hard to tune for starters with no low range... and because of that i think it sucks up so much fuel all the time...
brands have in mind
os
picco

btw i have a question on ports.. wats the meaning of 3/5port engines.. wats the difference???
the os engines would be the ones to go for, cause they're easier to tune and have a good reputation for reliability. as for ports , a 3 or 5 port refers to the number of inlet slots in the piston sleeve that feed the fuel mixture into the combution chamber, generally an unmodified 5 port motor will have a little more power than the same type 3 port motor , hope that helps you out
Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Go with the OS TZ 3port. I believe it will be easier to tune and its torque and speed should be controllable. Its about $5 cheaper, and if you ever decided to sell it, it would be easier since 3-port is standard for racing sedans.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Go with the OS TZ 3port. I believe it will be easier to tune and its torque and speed should be controllable. Its about $5 cheaper, and if you ever decided to sell it, it would be easier since 3-port is standard for racing sedans.
ditto. nothing is easier to tune than an os motor. the tz is pretty fast also.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spdz
hey guys a newbie Q...
brands have in mind
os
picco

I don't want to burst your bubble but have you tried to lean it, most engines aren't gas higs unless there .32's. Also the OS line is the best 100%.