Search
Like Tree26Likes

OS T1203 .12

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 01:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by f1reblade
Hi Rody,

do you offer an OS 1203 tuned version by you?

Thank you in advance
Yes, you can find them here : https://www.worldchampionproducts.co...3-touring-1-10
Old 07-26-2020, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok will check it out. Roelof told me about your site

give him some credit!
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Any issues with these engines? Thinking about going with OS. Anything to be aware of would be helpful. I ran Piccos for a few years and they were way different than Novas as far as tuning. I'm a little concerned about the c-clips. TIA..
Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Any issues with these engines? Thinking about going with OS. Anything to be aware of would be helpful. I ran Piccos for a few years and they were way different than Novas as far as tuning. I'm a little concerned about the c-clips. TIA..
On the T1203 engines the wrist-pin clips are cut on one side so you have 50% less chance to have a problem there.
Tuning is not a lot different, as long as you do not run the engine too lean on the main-needle, you should be OK.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Great engines bear in mind the T1204 engine is coming before the end of the year probably around end of November.... I think O.S. already stopped production of the T1203. I don't know what the differences will be but O.S. don't tend to make big changes between the engine models.

To be honest we have very little choice nowadays with the demise of Novarossi our only realistic option now are O.S. based engines.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Great engines bear in mind the T1204 engine is coming before the end of the year probably around end of November.... I think O.S. already stopped production of the T1203.
I do not have any info about a new T1204 engine, all I know that a new production of the T1203 is underway and will be shipped soon.
TeamCarnage likes this.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VS_Rody
I do not have any info about a new T1204 engine, all I know that a new production of the T1203 is underway and will be shipped soon.
Thats cool. Let's see what comes out the mill. Glad you can get some T1203 stuff as we can't here and was told production of T1203 had ceased until November where it would be replaced with the T1204. Perhaps this is the last production that you might be a part of and O.S. aren't accepting new orders?
Anyway lets see - rumours are rumours after all.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thats cool. Let's see what comes out the mill. Glad you can get some T1203 stuff as we can't here and was told production of T1203 had ceased until November where it would be replaced with the T1204. Perhaps this is the last production that you might be a part of and O.S. aren't accepting new orders?
Anyway lets see - rumours are rumours after all.
Not a lot of racing has been going on due to covid and I know a lot of testing is done during the races, so not sure there will be a release of a new engine soon. Wait an see...:-)
Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Not a lot of racing has been going on due to covid and I know a lot of testing is done during the races, so not sure there will be a release of a new engine soon. Wait an see...:-)
I have been pretty fortunate here in the States. I compete in a regional series,(MidWest Series) where only one race was canceled. I was lucky enough to travel out of town to some other races that were C19 friendly with protocols. I would like to get a new engine or two soon as the winter racing in Florida will be starting up in November. Just researching my options.
Rick Vessell, mrgsr and VS_Rody like this.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Who
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick Vessell and TeamCarnage like this.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

T1204 available early december 2020
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

T1204 available early december 2020
Didnt wanna say told ya so All good! Gonna be a great engine for sure.

https://www.redrc.net/2020/09/os-speed-t1204-12-engine/
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Didnt wanna say told ya so All good! Gonna be a great engine for sure.

https://www.redrc.net/2020/09/os-speed-t1204-12-engine/
Seems you have more info then I have...:-)
Rick Vessell and dan_vector like this.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

I was fortunate enough to run the 2020 Miami Grand Prix recently. I broke in a 1203 combo and it was a great experience. The engine ran as good as anything I've raced in the past and held a great tune even with changing weather conditions. All sounds great, right? The quals were 4 minutes and I know there wasn't enough fuel left to run the usual 5 minutes at my home track..(Toledo O). I asked around and was told a opit will be needed to run a 5 minute qual. I'm considering adding a .01 shim and maybe a smaller restrictor. I ran it at or just below 250* F. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

I was fortunate enough to run the 2020 Miami Grand Prix recently. I broke in a 1203 combo and it was a great experience. The engine ran as good as anything I've raced in the past and held a great tune even with changing weather conditions. All sounds great, right? The quals were 4 minutes and I know there wasn't enough fuel left to run the usual 5 minutes at my home track..(Toledo O). I asked around and was told a opit will be needed to run a 5 minute qual. I'm considering adding a .01 shim and maybe a smaller restrictor. I ran it at or just below 250* F. Any advise would be appreciated.
Most engines now are designed to run 4 minute qualis as per most of the International rules nowadays. It's quite a challenge to get a standard OS engine to do 5 minutes reliably. A head shim will definitely help as will your choice of pipe/manifold. A smaller carb restrictor will make the engine hard to tune and doesn't really make a huge difference in runtime in my experience.

The Novarossi 2660 pipe with the short manifold works well on the OS and does increase its runtime over the OS pipes. I'll miss the Novarossis as those will run 5 minute qualis all day all night without much hastle.

You'll also need to drive super smooth and consistently as that also helps massively in making 5 minutes. You'll also need to run fairly lean which an OS can take and so fuel choice is also critical - I'd highly recommend Energy for this as the oil package is particularly good and you can run quite lean with this fuel over some of its competitors.

Alternatively some of the tuners out there can modify engines to help with runtime as well so worth talking to some of them to see what's out there.
VS_Rody likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.