Like Tree10Likes

OS R21 .21 1/8 On-road Motor

Reply

Old 10-09-2018, 05:47 AM
  #16  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
rody the 2103 have different part numbers from the 2101 and 2103, for the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. do you know that the diff is ?
I tried once using the crank from a 2103 in the 2101 and had the same head shims for the stock 2101 .03 when I went to start it the piston from the 2101 was hitting the button I had to add another .03 shims
The crankshaft of the R2101 and R2102 are the same. The R2103 has a different timing(more closed).
The Sleeve of the R2101 and R2102 are the same. The R2103 has a different shape on the exhaust.

You must have done something different because for me the stroke of all these engines are the same. Crankcase has the same measures and so have the sleeves.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:18 AM
  #17  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between the O.S. SPEED R21 EURO SPEC and the O.S. R21 ?
fergraz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:38 AM
  #18  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,770
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

I think the motor you are talking about is the same as the Shimo motor, no longer available. OS R21 is basically a base Speed motor, without all the add ons.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:42 PM
  #19  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by fergraz View Post
What is the difference between the O.S. SPEED R21 EURO SPEC and the O.S. R21 ?
The EURO spec looks interesting on paper. New sleeve(design) and piston(lighter), this in combination with the R2102 crankshaft should be a good engine for larger tracks where more topspeed is needed.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:23 PM
  #20  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
The EURO spec looks interesting on paper. New sleeve(design) and piston(lighter), this in combination with the R2102 crankshaft should be a good engine for larger tracks where more topspeed is needed.
Thanks! The R21 EURO SPEC is 5 ports or 7?
fergraz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:18 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
ralphierace13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
The crankshaft of the R2101 and R2102 are the same. The R2103 has a different timing(more closed).
The Sleeve of the R2101 and R2102 are the same. The R2103 has a different shape on the exhaust.

You must have done something different because for me the stroke of all these engines are the same. Crankcase has the same measures and so have the sleeves.
thanks rody, rody if you get a chance I don't want to bother you but if you get a moment can u measure the pin on the 2101 crank and 2103 like measure the pin from the out edge to where it sits and from the inner edge and see if you get two different measuerments because I did I just don't remember what were the measurements is was long ago and I don't have both cranks any more thanks so much..
ralphierace13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:24 PM
  #22  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by fergraz View Post
Thanks! The R21 EURO SPEC is 5 ports or 7?
Better wait until it has been released, then I can confirm but for me it will be a 7-port.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:40 PM
  #23  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
thanks rody, rody if you get a chance I don't want to bother you but if you get a moment can u measure the pin on the 2101 crank and 2103 like measure the pin from the out edge to where it sits and from the inner edge and see if you get two different measuerments because I did I just don't remember what were the measurements is was long ago and I don't have both cranks any more thanks so much..
No different measures on my side.

If you find different measures then maybe you have an 21XZ crankshaft in one of your engines...
The 21XZ has a stroke of 16.8mm while the R21 engine has a stroke of 17.2mm

VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:56 AM
  #24  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
The EURO spec looks interesting on paper. New sleeve(design) and piston(lighter), this in combination with the R2102 crankshaft should be a good engine for larger tracks where more topspeed is needed.
hi rody any more you can tell us about the euro spec now you have them in
stock and have a rody tuned version,is this a 2102 with a new piston and
liner set for more topend or a new crank as well.
rick oxley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:19 AM
  #25  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by rick oxley View Post
hi rody any more you can tell us about the euro spec now you have them in
stock and have a rody tuned version,is this a 2102 with a new piston and
liner set for more topend or a new crank as well.
Hi Rick,

The crankshaft is the same as an 2102 but with the new piston/sleeve, this combination will get you more top-speed but also more fuel consumption.
The new piston/sleeve/conrod is available here: Kit Piston/Liner/Conrod SPEED R21 EURO SPEC
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:54 AM
  #26  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,912
Default

130 for a P/S/R set ???? Wow!
Roelof is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:16 AM
  #27  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
130 for a P/S/R set ???? Wow!
Good or bad?
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:36 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,770
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

I think thats good, actually. I have seen sets in Germany for Picco and Nova going for 160-180 Euro.
VS_Rody likes this.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:37 AM
  #29  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,912
Default

Good!

OK it is ex VAT but even then those are reasonable prices, Like a top engine P/S set for just 125 euro.... Even a Novarossi cheap Basic P/S set like a Brave does not come close to it regarding some sites, funny thing is that a 35+ P/S set is alsmost the price of a complete 35+ engine..
Roelof is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:45 AM
  #30  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Blue head R21? How is this motor in a GP car? I am coming from Offroad and GT background. So I do some onroad racing. Just got a shepherd V8 and was looking for a good first motor. I have a Keep On new in box I could probably sell and get the R21. I run all OS in my offroad and GT. I use the old blue head xz-b in GT with great results. Not sure if the extra money for a new r2103 will benefit me right now. I think the R21 will do fine but curious on performance difference between R2101-2103.
invrtd is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service