Engine conversion?

Old 02-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Engine conversion?

hey i want to eventually buy a fw05r and run pull start so im looking at putting in my tr-15 buggy an os max .12tx pilot shaft 5 port turbo my problem is my clutch is ment for a standard shaft not a pilot shaft and also i need a 180' manifold for a rear exhaust engine and a right side pipe which is a very uncommon arrangement.
do you guy know of any single speed clutches for a pilot shaft engine also an rear exhaust manifold for a north south engine (or for a shaft drive car)?
thanks has any one performed a simmilar conversion??
Old 02-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Rookie

A couple of things, why are you using your old clutch? The FW05R comes with a clutch setup, a good one at that. As for Pull-start, you may have clearance issues so I doubt it's a way to go. As for the pipe and manifold, there are several companies that came out with this right hand side arrangement. Check out Skyline, Rdlogics, kyosho etc. You will get more information just by going thru the FWO5R thread. Hope this helps you get to were you need to go.

Dan