I Heard A Rumor...

Old 05-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default I Heard A Rumor...

That an indoor clay off-road track is in the works in Tulsa.

I hope it's true. I miss racing so much and things have really changed the past decade.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Supposedly true. Guy named Corey that works at Hobbytown over at 68th and Memorial apparently has access to a building, behind a building, over on the SW corner of 15th & Sheridan.

Went to look for it last Saturday and found the building, but it was locked up and the windows were up too high to see if it was there or not. . . Got my fingers crossed though.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aracefan
Supposedly true. Guy named Corey that works at Hobbytown over at 68th and Memorial apparently has access to a building, behind a building, over on the SW corner of 15th & Sheridan.

Went to look for it last Saturday and found the building, but it was locked up and the windows were up too high to see if it was there or not. . . Got my fingers crossed though.
Haha, that's awesome! Hopefully there's more that would be eager to have a Tulsa track!
Old 05-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

I want to race so bad I'm considering buying all the stuff and making the trip down to OK City each weekend or every other weekend. I guess they have two nice tracks there to choose from. Lucky!
Old 05-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JitsuGuy
I want to race so bad I'm considering buying all the stuff and making the trip down to OK City each weekend or every other weekend. I guess they have two nice tracks there to choose from. Lucky!
I hear'ya. I am typically an on-raod racer (what I prefer anyway) and trek down to Richardson, TX (Dallas) to run at Banana RC Raceway every once in a while - great track and some good people down there.

I have a couple of SC10.2's, a T5M and B5M, as well as a Tamiya 502 4wd buggy... so if we can get a track here I'm in!!

Last edited by aracefan; 05-16-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

https://www.facebook.com/ACRCOffRoad/?pnref=story
Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho
Thanks for the link... Looks like it's on the now defunct Adam's Creek page. Whoever is heading this thing up should start their own page for the track. Ask for volunteers to help. I live in Jenks and would be more than happy to lend a hand.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

https://www.facebook.com/corey.robison.16
Old 05-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JitsuGuy
That an indoor clay off-road track is in the works in Tulsa.

I hope it's true. I miss racing so much and things have really changed the past decade.
I heard the same rumor I hope it's true
Old 05-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rumors are true! I am in the process of getting everything built and set up. I am still looking at dirt samples as I know it will make or break the track. I am aiming for a place that everyone will have fun, not be intimidated and have world class facility to race at!
The track will be 85x55' with nice pits, a small race shop, and great lighting! You can send me a friend request on Facebook and as soon as I get a page going, I will invite everyone to like it so they can stay up to date on when we are opening, etc.
I'm very passionate about this hobby and want to provide an awesome place to race and meet new people!
Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losicorey
The rumors are true! I am in the process of getting everything built and set up. I am still looking at dirt samples as I know it will make or break the track. I am aiming for a place that everyone will have fun, not be intimidated and have world class facility to race at!
The track will be 85x55' with nice pits, a small race shop, and great lighting! You can send me a friend request on Facebook and as soon as I get a page going, I will invite everyone to like it so they can stay up to date on when we are opening, etc.
I'm very passionate about this hobby and want to provide an awesome place to race and meet new people!
That's awesome! Chances are we've already spoken about this on the RC For Sale page on FB where I mentioned it.

Can't wait! I raced at RC's Raceway and Adam's Creek back in the day. It's been a long time and I've missed it a ton. I've been flying RC stuff since then. But racing was always the pinnacle of RC fun for me. Really stoked!!!