Track In Sapulpa?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track In Sapulpa?

My question is this does anyone think that sapulpa (which is about 10 mins south west of tulsa) is too far for a racetrack? I am talking to the city about getting a place to put in a track and need to know if people would be interested in coming over and racing.
I was thinking about a couple of things:
1. I would like to put a off road track in.
2. I would like to put in a road course(this is due to the fact there are none in the area)
3. Cost wise- i know that not everyone can afford alot, but everyone can afford something. I would like to have a track that would be able to work off of donations. The only exception to this would be if we were going to host a race. IE have a night a week where we do points (season) events. Then it would be a set price and the winner would take some money home.
4. Would I be able to get anyone that would like to help me? IE track layout, Maintance, exc
5. There would be lights for night races.
6. Power would be there also.
7. Driver stands YES.

These are just a few things that I have been thinking about.
i have been told that I need to come up with a budget or cost estimate. this is where i would need a team to help.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I think there would be interest in a new off-road track, since Adams Creek has abandoned theirs to do oval only, & Sapulpa should not be too far away. However, just so you know, there IS now an on-road track in the area, at Urban RC in Jenks, & their Sat. racing is now really starting to get going(more people have been showing up to race every week, & more of the old guys are starting to get back in as well)....
Old 03-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Rookie

yes but can they run nitro's there?
also what are the times? do they have a website? is Urban RC still in business? i went by there and there was nothing in the store anymore.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's an indoor carpet track, so no, there won't be any nitro vehicles in there. And yes, they ARE in business, they're in the corner of that shopping center, & there are 2 doors in that corner, the one on the left leads to the track, & the one on the right side of the corner is for the shop itself. But for the hours they're open, that could be why you saw no one if you stopped by, what time & day did you go check it out?

Oh, & here is also a good place to ask Matt any questions, they have a page on Facebook, just look for this: Urban RC - Community for Tulsa Metro Radio Control
Old 03-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just built a outdoor offroad 1/8 and 1/10scale track here in Ponca City.Their is a considerable cost in doing so.Lights and electric will run somewhere around $10000 dirt and building of the track around $5000 drivers stand we used a shipping container and have around $5000 in that also bathrooms insurance etc.As for help that is hit and miss.Also do you own the land you will be putting the track on if not their is another cost.Be prepared for a lot of work keeping a track up and running is a labor of love and takes a boat load of commitment.Good luck we can always use another track in Oklahoma.