Sellers beware

Old 09-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Sellers beware

Guys,

Just want some of you to be careful. Most of you know me and what I am about to share is real but I will not share names. Just want to make sure you all protect yourselves from your fellow OKLAHOMA racers.

As most of you know I sell a lot of RC Equipment 99.9% is new in the box.

I had some GRP based Piston/Sleeve and Rod sets in size .21 and .23 I was more than happy to help out another person here in Ok and sold them the NIP set. I told them if there were any issues to give me a call as they were trying to put it into a Ninja Engine. About a week later I get a call and told it did not fit and I agreed to meet said person to exchange or refund their money. Here is where the problem starts.

We met. I gave him the exchange and he left. As I got in my truck and opened the bag it was in it looked different. Upon inspection someone had done a good job of trying to hide the fact that it was not the same P/S/R at all. They had pollished the top of the piston and the entire sleeve to make it look as new. The only spot you can tell it wasnt new was a huge gouge in the sleeve that was barley visable above the piston that was stuck so far up in the sleeve it wouldnt come out. Then I start looking at the bottom of the piston and it had all the brown they couldnt clean out like the top of the piston and the bushing in the rod was warped.

I called the guy and he turned around and met me again. I showed him everything and he gave me back my new one and took the old one and explained to me an experanced racer at ONC was helping him and told me who it was. I have known this person for some time and thought it might be an accadent. But the more I thought about the deception that went into polishing everything how they just happend to have an old grp piston and sleeve used and gave that back to me I thought it was more than an accedent.

So to clear things up I have called, emailed and messaged this ONC member and his actions have proven to me this was no accadent. He will not talk to me. I have left him messages here on RC Tech with my number so he can explain to me what happened and still no call.

SO all of you be careful. Even when doing buisness local be carful. The person I delt with was new but the person helping him has been a racer since back in the day at Action RC.

I have learned a lot from this and hope my experence can help even one more person not get ripped off.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am sorry to hear you had this happen and it involved someone from our track.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Billy iy is not the tracks or clubs fault at all. I just posted this so no one else would get burned by them.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It is all good. Just many good people have worked their tails off for that place. So, it is unfortunate.