Oklahoma Nitro Club at Taylor Park 2013 Season >

Oklahoma Nitro Club at Taylor Park 2013 Season

Oklahoma Nitro Club at Taylor Park 2013 Season

Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flybynorth View Post
Great! So is the a redesign you guys are working on or is it just maintenance? Are you using power equipment?

Does the Yukon track have a racing class for 1/10 nitro buggies? We are going to be moving soon (closer) in addition to the funky job schedule I have but will be practicing up for next season perhaps. My brothers are both into RC so maybe I can talk them into coming up as well.
Bring it. Takes 3 to make class so w/ you and your brothers that should be 3.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The base work has not been completed yet. We will post something more definite by mid week.

On another note. If anyone has not received their ROAR cards that you renewed or purchase through the track please email Jon are [email protected] so he can contact ROAR and get that taken care of.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Update from the Prez.

Track update.

If anyone wants to spend some time during the week, it would help out if you went out and spent some time removing rocks from the dirt. The fill dirt that was given to us by the city is not real clean and has some rocks, metal, and tree roots in it.

This weekend hopefully we can fill in the east side of the track and start spreading our dirt back over the top. We checked out the dirt piled behind the track to the north and it looks good. This will help out before we start putting our dirt back on top.

We found 2 gallons of weed killer in the container. Once we get things moved around and get something built, then we can spray and get things looking good again.

As before, we need all the help we can get saturday. I know fathers day is sunday, so with everyones help we should be able to get things wrapped up saturday. I will try again to get another tractor or skid steer, and with any luck we will have chads tractor and dump trailer.

Gary O.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Any word on track condition? Are we points racing this weekend?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

This weekend is finishing the track. The plan is layed out in the post I pasted a few posts back from Gary O.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

From Gary O on Facebook. I would assume we are getting started around 10am. As Gary says the more help the quicker we get things done.

Thanks to Joe for the work you did Wednesday night!!! Joe spent his time doing some grading and leveling and it looks good!

Our free dirt looks so AWESOME!

Ok, now all we need is people and equipment. Post here on what you can bring. We need at least
1 big truck to haul the dump trailer
1 tractor or bobcat
1 3 or 4w atv of some sort to drag the track, pack jumps, ect...

10 hundred people to shovel, rake, lay out some pipe, ect.....

I do believe with plenty of people we can get the track finished and pipe laid so we can all have Sunday off to enjoy fathers day, then we can be racing next Saturday!

Please post up here on what equipment you can borrow and bring out, that way if needed I can get a tractor or skidsteer rented if needed .

time to "DO WORK SON! "
Old 06-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jon. My ROAR card came in the mail today. I didn't think it would get here any where near that fast.
Charlie
Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Still hard at it on the track. Its Raised, just needs leveling now and Simply people to come help out with it. After its smoothed then it would just need to have the layout finalized and put in. As always we need equipment. Something to haul the dirt and a drivable roller would be great if that can be provided.

See if mother nature holds off. And thanks to all who have put forth time, effort and there own hard earned money.

Regards,
Brenton
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Message from the Prez..

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who came out saturday and helped with the track. Things did not go as planned, but we will be building the actual layout this coming saturday. I know this has been a long process to get to this point, but we have built up the overall level of the track about 2 feet in the middle and in the long run the track will be better for a longer time. I spent yesterday recovering form my 16 hour day at the track saturday and drew some more layouts. The more I draw, the more i keep going back to one i drew over a month ago.

As for equipment this saturday, one way or another we will have a skidsteer or tractor to build jumps.We will just need some people with rakes and shovels to build jumps. Michael Coleman willl hopefully have the 4 weeler to pack the jumps, and he is also going to work on improving the drag we found.

Very big thanks to Christopher Horvat for making the round trip to pickup Chad Woods and the tractor for last saturday.

Gary O....
Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM
G T
Tech Adept

one more week?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Yup. Believe me, we are all ready to race too.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'll be out this weekend to wrap this thing up.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM
G T
Tech Adept

I hope so. I'm bout to climb the walls!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM
G T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
This weekend is finishing the track. The plan is layed out in the post I pasted a few posts back from Gary O.
Sorry Billy, cant find that post. Could you please post again?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by G T View Post
Sorry Billy, cant find that post. Could you please post again?
I think by plan, he means the planned scedule for working on the track. I don't think there's been any pics of the planned new layout. I'm with you, I'd like to see it too.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.