If no one shows up. Please Add me open buggy

Dibbs

Thank you
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Via ONC..

Alright Racers...the countdown is ON!

We'll be rebuilding the track and fine tuning everything to be ready for the first RC PRO event to be held in Oklahoma in a few years. We are very excited and ready to race!

We'll have an excellent and competetive layout and look forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones too.

A couple of house-keeping notes:
1) Due to wayyy too many rainouts this season, we have had to delay the construction for the wheel-chair access ramp until after this race. IF ANYONE IS COMING TO RACE AND WILL DEFINITELY NEED ACCESS, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT 405-474-0678 SO WE CAN MAKE PROPER ARRANGENTS FOR YOU IMMEDIATELY.

2) Robertson's food truck overbooked himself, but will attend our race later this year for the Oklahoma Shootout. The Yukon BMX is next door to us and we've made arrangements with them to provide concessions for the entire weekend. They will have PLENTY of food and drinks available for everyone. They also have regular restrooms available to us as long as we treat them right

3) PLEASE do NOT bring any compressors unless you have your own power supply. You'll need, table, chairs, shade, and plenty of extension chord to share power with your neighbor. We have a LARGE upright compressor at the track for everyone to use.

4) We will build a complete new layout beginning this weekend and there will be NO racing on it until the RC Pro event. Tires that work well are "typically" medium and smaller pin tires in Softer compounds. Tire wear is normally not an issue except during the heat of the day with solid groove down. It is not typically a solid black line groove at TPR...but could be with a full rc pro event???

5) The driver's stand will now hold at least 15-17 drivers at one time.

6) HOTEL INFO: I stopped by and requested discount pricing from all of the locations that I listed below...some did and some did not discount...ALL of them are 10 mins or less from the track and near restaurants, Wal-mart, Target, fuel etc...

***(I would NOT stay on US 66hwy/Main Street in Yukon, most of those hotels are pay by the week and not typically travelling tenants)***

All of these should be good to go.....

Best Western 85.85 dbl-built about 2008(discounted rate) 405-265-2995

Hampton 109.00 dbl-99.99 king 405-350-6400

LaQuinta 102.60 dbl-built in 2008 405-494-7600

Comfort Suites 90.00 dbl 405-577-6500

Please contact us if you need anything or have any questions before the race.

ALL track related questions to Jason Grant @ [email protected]

ALL ENTRY AND $$$ questions to David Lovett @
[email protected]

See you at the track!
ONC
Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Via ONC..

Heads up racers...a couple of quick things on the track rebuild...

Normally, we show up, and the folks that are there to build it are the ones that pick it on build day. We'd like to keep that in motion for all future builds in order to get the help it requires to build a big track with lots of obstacles.

We are thinking there may be one more drawing coming from Mr Bean?

We want to get the general direction of the layouts that are presented...We will email them to the ONC list as well to give as much notice as we can. The final decision will be made by THURSDAY at 5PM. This will give us time to place the layout into Autocad to build from Friday night.

Normally, we view all of the layouts at the track the day of the build and go from there. But this time, we'd like to start tearing the track down and begin placing dirt for the layout Friday evening. This should allow us plenty of time to complete the build Saturday...which would be very cool, instead of finishing Sunday with a small crew

THIS TIME>>>We're voting online<<< and maybe next time if it works well

It takes a lot of work to do it right and look good, so please spread the word that we'll begin major operations at 9am Saturday morning. If you would like to help, the best time to help will be Saturday from 9am until ?

It doesn't matter which layout is used, we can build as many tracks as you want at Taylor park, it only takes you guys to do it :-) Sometimes, we've blended layouts on build day too...don't worry, we'll have a great layout no matter which one is chosen...

We have provided all three designers with our scaled draft paper to match our track space...

PLEASE consider, Safety, Flow, Marshalling, Speed, Difficulty for this layout. This is an RC Pro Track and adjustments can and will be made for our regular club events later...Not sure how many we'll have in a heat yet, but we can have up to 15 pretty easily on the stand now thanks to the ONC crew. Most likely, we'll run 12/heat

Please either email me at [email protected] with your name and choice or post here with your name and choice so we'll have a running total. We'll announce the chosen layout by Thursday at 5pm and then we'll build it...then, we'll build the next ones the next time...no big deal.

LAYOUTS 1) GARY 2) BRAD 3) GLEN?

We truly appreciate ,AND DEPEND on the time and effort that everyone puts into this track...drawing, shovelling, calling races, cutting the grass, paying the bills, raking jumps...it all adds up and everything you see at the track was done by volunteers like you.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the track to help make this rebuild a success for the first ever RC PRO National Qualifier this Saturday at 9am.

**** Pics of the layouts can be seen on the Oklahoma Nitro Club Facebook page. ****
Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Via ONC...

Track Build Begins 9am Saturday 5-19-12

We'll be back at the track tonight after work to pull all of the pipe and begin leveling the track. Then, we'll start marking off the lanes to prep for the major build tomorrow...

The major work will begin tomorrow morning at 9am, please be there if you can to help out, even if only for an hour or two...there is plenty of work to go around and we TRULY APPRECIATE THE HELP!

The ONC will provide pizza for lunch and water for everyone that is able to help us out.

Thank you again for all of your support!

See you at the track
ONC
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a TLR 22 in the for sale section if anyone is interested.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys im coming down for the pro series race and was wondering what tires work the best. there a few of us from wichita coming down. thanks for the info
Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

When it's got fairly good moisture in it, witch it might be now after the rain we're getting, Soft AKA I-Beams. When it dries out, something like a Soft Subculture or City Block works for me. I've also got some Soft 3D's to try if a slights groove develops if it were to dry out.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok cool thanks for the heads up. ill have to start looking at what tires i have.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madmikegxp View Post
ok cool thanks for the heads up. ill have to start looking at what tires i have.
No problem, we look forward to having you guys down here. We'll be prepping the track tomorrow after tonights rain. Track will be awesome come Friday. It actually needed the rain and didn't recieve a ton last night.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default monster trucks at taylor park

just finished my e revo build and want to get a MT class started at the park. all MT's welcome to join in nitro or electric. strait up 7 min heats & mains. will have mine at taylor park next points race. anyone else intrested post up.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

When is the next test & tune? I want to test out my new engine & pipe combo with new wheels & tires without being in everones way. I should do a lot better than the last time I was out for test & tune. JIC you're wondering I'm running a lowered Savage XL with an ERCM modded SH P8 .28 with an ERCM 221T tuned pipe & Exceed WC1023 wheel & tire combo.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:01 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LSVTIEG View Post
When is the next test & tune? I want to test out my new engine & pipe combo with new wheels & tires without being in everones way.
every sat before club and points races.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Jason posted there will be a club meeting at the track at 4pm this Saturday.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

To all the guys at Taylor RC Park, you guys put on a great race for the South RC Pro Race. Top notch facility. Thanks for a fun weekend and to everyone who kept it going after the rains.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Thank you!

Thank you for the Great Compliments!

We appreciate everyone that was able to make it to the qualifier. We hope to not have to work that hard again with rain, but really glad we were able to finish a great weekend of racing! It was great to see some old friends and make some new ones...Thank you for racing with us!

Kudos should goto Mr Josh Clancy...he was the first racer to approach us and ask if we could try to make it happen when it looked doubtful until then...

His sponsors should be proud

jg

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.