R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Oklahoma Racing

Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Did you feel the earthquake?

Last night, we had the largest earthquake ever recorded in the state of Oklahoma. I was asleep, untill it woke me up just before 11pm last night.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...usb0006klz.php

I slept through the one early Saturday morning, but this one was enough to wake me up. All the pictures in my bedroom were banging against the walls, it sounded like someone knocking on the bedroom door, and my bed was shaking pretty good. Did you feel it too? What was your experience like?
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, first one I've actually felt(the late Friday/early Sat. one I didn't feel because I was sound asleep, & I'm VERY hard to wake up, ), but I had just gotten home & was putting away all my racing gear when I felt it. Pretty strange, kinda reminded me of a train running close by, but that's probably because it didn't feel all that bad in the Tulsa area, but I heard that in Stillwater, they felt it for a full minute in the Boone Pickens Stadium press box, right after the OSU/KSU game....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I live in Edmond and we felt it quite a bit. Shook the walls and stuff, weird thing was the dogs woke up and were barking "for no reason lol" for about 30 seconds before we felt anything. Honestly thought some pictures were gonna fall off the wall. They seem to be getting more frequent and stronger over the past couple years...wonder if thats a sign Just what we need in OK, another natural disaster to deal with lol.
moose07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
Tech Adept

I was already asleep, but this one was strong enough to wake me up. I slept right through the one the night before. When I first woke up because of the noise, I thought it was the neighbor's headboard upstairs. Then I realised the bead was shaking, and for a second I was wondering why they were in MY bed.lol Then I got up, and found out the news was still on because of the delay caused by the late finish of the football game. The newsies were freaking out pretty good, but I talked to a neighbor gal last night who was still freaked out about it.
upDUHcreek is offline   Reply With Quote