Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Oklahoma Racing
2nd Annual Oklahoma Shootout, Oct 15th >

2nd Annual Oklahoma Shootout, Oct 15th

2nd Annual Oklahoma Shootout, Oct 15th

Old 10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default 2nd Annual Oklahoma Shootout, Oct 15th

Changes will be made to the All-New layout that 100 racers ran for the recent State-Line Showdown in September.

The Oklahoma Nitro Club would like to invite all racers in the region to attend the biggest race of the year for Taylor Park RC Raceway...

THE 2ND ANNUAL OKLAHOMA SHOOTOUT

Lots of raffle prizes and Food will be available all day
First Class 25.00, Second 15.00, Third 10.00

SIGNUP TODAY AT WWW.RCSIGNUP.COM
(Please feel free to pay at the track on raceday)

When:
Open Practice: Fri Oct 14th, Noon - 9:00 pm
Open Practice: Sat Oct 15th, 8:00 am - 9:30am
Racing Starts: Sat Oct 15th, 10:00 am

Where:
Taylor Park RC Raceway
425 N 11th St
Yukon, OK 73099

[email protected]
www.oklahomanitroclub.com
Old 10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hello there Mr Grant, how are you today? Glad to see you got this posted, I just finished signing up for the 10th scale SC 4x4 open class. I was wondering what tires have been working for the SC 4x4 open class? I just tried the stock tires that came with my kit on the track this morning, and I doubt they'll be good enough to race with. Looks like my setup is going to need quite a bit of work too, but I've got plenty of time to take care of that.

Will our class run the whole track? That big jump on the back lane looks pretty scary for a 10th scale.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Default ttt

Not positive about what sc tires are working, but I know that the traction is much better on race days than just during the week for practice.

Due to large turnout expected, we will more than likely run it dry as all bigger events do for fairness to all heats. We do use a blower to remove loose dust from the groove between rounds and at the Stateline, we blew it off between every main event.

The SC trucks do NOT use the back two lanes. There is a small jump back onto the East Straight then you turn right and onto the front straight each lap.

There are some adjustments and track maintenance being done tonight at the track and again next week before the OKLAHOMA SHOOTOUT

See ya there
ONC
Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Default ttt

2011 OKLAHOMA SHOOTOUT IS HERE!
Racers...

This week is shaping up to be an AWESOME week for racing at Taylor Park RC Raceway! The weather has blessed us with plenty of water this week, but it looks like we are all CLEAR and in the low 80's for the rest of the week.

The crew will resume final track preparation Wednesday and Thursday evening around 6pm both nights.

Practice for the event begins at NOON this Friday

Kelly will be back with the Food/Drink tent for us and BREAKFAST IS ON THE MENU FOR THE AM!

We have near 50 raffle prizes ready to go for this event and more on the way!

Changes have been made to the layout from the NEW layout used at the State-Line Showdown in late September

TUNE 'EM UP for the OKLAHOMA SHOOTOUT!

See you at the track!
ONC
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Oklahoma Shootout is in the books!

The ONC would like to extend a HUGE Thank You to all of our racers and track crew for an AWESOME day of racing!

The track took a nice groove after the first round of qualifying by our 2nd race with 100 entries! Once again, another great turnout by some of our regions fastest racers. Congratulations to all of the race winners and podium finishers. We all witnessed some great close racing action in all classes.

We would also like to extend a big Thank You to all of our event sponsors. Your support helps the track continue to grow and the ONC TRULY TRULY APPRECIATES OUR SPONSORS. We hope that you will think of them for your future RC business!

TWIN CITIES ELECTRIC, YUKON OK
HOUSE OF KAWASAKI, OKC OK

SPEKTRUM-LOSI-DYNAMITE
TRAXXAS
VP RACING FUELS
PR0-LINE RACING
ALPHA RACING ENGINES/RC PRO PRODUCTS
TEKIN RACING
STICK IT GRAPHICS
J-CONCEPTS
VIPER RACING
PT OILS AND LUBES
HUDY
MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS
KICKER
O'DONNELL RACING FUEL

Please take a moment to view some great photos and videos from the event. You can locate them on our PICTURES and VIDEOS link from the ONC website. Thank you to Gary Pershall and J.R. Selke for some great photography

The ONC would like to say "THANK YOU" to some great folks for your time and dedication to our track and hobby. The event was a great success thanks to your contributions to the race day

Patrick Espinoza-Volunteer Cornermarshall of the year!
Kellie Bruner-Awesome Grub all day long!
Gary Pershall/J.R. Selke Photography and videography
Rich Hollis/ Son Nguyen Race Directors/Announcers
Johnell Gaffney TRACK CREW
Dwayne Neider and ALL other volunteer cornermarshalls throughout the event

We look forward to the 3rd Annual event...who knows...maybe two days worth of racing next year!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Default End of 2011 Season

Attention Racers...

This is an official announcement for Taylor Park RC Raceway

We will call the season done as of now.....We have all enjoyed a GREAT SEASON of racing this year!

We have polled all of our race directors and everyone is tapped out or worn out from the large races we've had over the last few events. As always, "IF" cabin fever strikes a large group of racers and we have a race director available, we will hold races as weather permits and the expected turnout is sufficient during the off-season. Please feel free to communicate via email or on facebook for any races like this

Our calendar shows that we are scheduled to continue until Nov 12, 2011. I will update it as soon as possible to reflect the change. Everyone needs a break for sure this weekend, and then the following weekend is Halloween. Then, COMPETITION RC will be re-opening their doors for racing and will be back in full operation effective November 1st. They plan to race outdoors as long as they can until the weather changes and then they will begin their indoor season.
The RC Pro Finals are being held the first weekend in November.
Finally,
There is a large electric race in Hutchinson Kansas that many of our racers will attend on November 11-12-13 for the FALL CLASSIC....info can be found at Heartlandrc.com I believe

In addition to that, Adams Creek in Broken Arrow and Mike's Hobbies and Indy RC in Texas will be in full swing with their indoor seasons by then.

We will be announcing the date/time/location for an End of Season PARTY later this week. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Stay tuned for more details,
ONC
Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've had a blast at the Stateline and Shootout races. Track was great both times. I look forward to more events next year. I'm glad the decision was to let it go dry. Makes me drive more in control.

Thanx
Chris Pearce