competition rc

Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default competition rc

What are they racing at competition now.
Beau
Old 07-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They were hit by a small tornado a month or so back and lost the roof. Last I read they were in the process of getting the place back together. Other such as big jim may have more info.

Before that they were running 2wd and 4wd shortcourse out back, and I think I had heard mini sliders on the oval. I am sure there were some other oval classes as well. I will message jim to come post what he knows.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What Billy said. Was over to James & Lou's house today. He is doing all he can to get the doors back open somethings out of his control. Thanks James and Lou such GREAT friends. Miss Racing with you guys.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man that stinks, I loved racing sedans there. They are two of the nicest people to own a track.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

we race...

losi sliders
slash 2wheel drive class
4x4 open class to all 4 wheel drives
short course trucks SC10,blitz
novice class
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone have any news on when or if the track will reopen?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.heartlandrc.com/showthread.php?9816-Great-news!!-Competition-r-c-will-be-back!!/page6&

That link above goes to their thread at heartlandrc. Louise posts updates there. I would keep an eye on that for when they will reopen.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry to hear this happened but then again i dont go to comp rc anymore , i have been there a couple times to make purchases only to drive all that way to find nothing i want is carried, and then i walk into the place and cant get any assistance in a timely manner and when i do happe to have the store owners attention asking about stuff i am interested in purchasing he will walk away from me when one of his regulars comes in and starts talking to him. anyway hope everythign gets or has gotten taken care of but i am sorry to say i am a former customer now.

i have jumped on the largescale bandwagon now and have a baja 5bss and i will have an oler bergonzoni here friday and i am sure parts for either of them are stocked at comp rc.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

I respectively ask that we not turn this thread into a venting or a bashing thread. There are many racers that enjoy racing at Comp and it is their home track. I would rather see this left for them to stay in contact and help get updates of when the facility will open back up.

I am glad you are enjoying your large scale cars. There is a guy named upduhcreek you might get in touch with, he has a baja and would probably like to get together and run if you do not already know each other.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I respectively ask that we not turn this thread into a venting or a bashing thread. There are many racers that enjoy racing at Comp and it is their home track. I would rather see this left for them to stay in contact and help get updates of when the facility will open back up.

I am glad you are enjoying your large scale cars. There is a guy named upduhcreek you might get in touch with, he has a baja and would probably like to get together and run if you do not already know each other.
yeah i already know upduhcreek and also lan-ed-tul who has a km 5t .

as far as bashing, sorry not bashing just voicing my personal experiences and making the statement of if you are not a regular visiting all the time and more like me with a 1 to 2 hourdrive one way to get there then comp rc isnt for you, also if you are are a kit builder, or need parts for a kit other than traxxas you would be better going elsewhere.

again i do feel sorry for this happening to anyone but i will just chalk it up to karma.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post

by the way somethign of concern over this whole deal, when was this suppose to have happened? i recall driving by one day a couple months back and people were working on the roof but comp rc was in fact open at the time, i have since drove by a couple more times on my way to the gaming store and seen cars parked out front and the sign saying open.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default re opening

Originally Posted by Bubba 405 View Post
Does anyone have any news on when or if the track will reopen?
Competiton Rc has announced they will reopen on 1 November 2011

More updates are availible @ heartlandrc.com

And a big Thanks Billy.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

No prob Jim.

Lordraptor... What games do you play? I used to play battletech back in highschool before I started racing rc and have been in game hq a few times to see if anyone was playing again.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

If I read correctly, Comp should have opened back up for business today.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Comp

You are soooooo right Billy. It's been a long summer! Stop by the track. It looks great! James and Louise have worked there " you know what's off "
They opened the store today and will open the track for practice on Thursday.

See Ya at the track!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service