Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Did you race today?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

No. Went out then left.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by twofifty; 07-18-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can we post all stuff in one thread since it is the same place?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

From website ...

"Track Planning Meeting THURSDAY 7-21-11

We have confirmed our meeting location for this Thursday's track build planning meeting.

LOUIE'S Restaurant on Garth Brooks blvd in Yukon beginning at 6pm until ?

We will have the meeting room inside the restaurant for this meal/meeting. All food/drink is on you if you'd like to enjoy some great food while we visit about the upcoming track build.

Please DO NOT forget that we will be finishing the driver's stand BEFORE we build the track. This is a planning meeting to discuss layout styles and organize the build.

We are confirming schedules with a framing crew that has offered to help us with the driver's stand. We WILL STILL NEED LOTS OF HELP to get this done, so please make plans to come and help if you can make it.

Overall, the brief plans are...

1) Track building meeting, open to everyone...not just ONC members
2) Complete phase 1 of 3 for driver's stand extension...with phase 3 of our build being the wheel chair accessible ramp to complete the build.
3) Raise funds to buy more dirt for this upcoming build...we will take club member and racer donations for this project like we did last season....looking at buying upwards of 20-30 loads of dirt at approx 100.00/load

Finally, ALL ONC Paid members and ALL non-club members should make every attempt to get involved with these projects. We have a LOT of work to and we need all the help we can get to get this done before our big races coming up very soon! Watch this NEWS page and make sure to join the ONC email list on our home page to stay up to date with the schedule and project needs."
Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default ttt

STANDARD RACE TIMES
We will move ALL race start times to 7:00pm beginning THIS WEEKEND

In order to minimize confusion and avoid the heat, we will start ALL RACES both club and points races at 7:00PM from now until it cools off later this season.

See you at the track...Don't forget the track planning meeting this Thursday!

ONC
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

1 lane wider on the left, 1 lane wider on the right and one lane deeper, correct?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I'm not paid member of ONC yet, but I think I will be at Louies tomorrow night. I raced for about 5 years, but just coing back off a 7 year break. I don't know how much I can add to designing a track, but I'd sure like to meet everyone and get to know you all. And I'll be making sure I can get out and help as often as possible once things get rolling. See you all tomorrow.

J.R.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default good news

I got an e-mail yesterday from Tower Hobbies, they charged my credit card for my back ordered SC10 4x4. They are processing my order now, hopfully it ships today, or Monday. Hopefully all the other back ordered parts I need to finish it will be in soon too.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright Racers,

The time has come to raise funds for the new track build. Last year we all pitched what we could and purchased 1,000.00 in additional dirt needed to expand the track and make a new layout. The ONC is constantly trying to improve our facility to be the best track in our region. Currently, we have 20 loads of dirt on the current track and base.

We would like to expand the track by two lanes wider and one deeper than we are today. In addition to this, we have plans to add serious elevation changes at the back of the track... All of this takes more dirt than what we have today. We want to add another 20-25 loads this year. We will also need to buy more pipe for the layout to replace some of the damaged sections.

We would like to schedule the track build for August 6th weekend, BUT, we need to have the funds in order to buy the dirt needed before we can begin. This gives us about 2 weeks to raise a chunk of money for dirt. Our expectations are the the club will have close to 1,000.00 for dirt. We are confirming our cost on dirt now. Fuel costs have risen since we've purchased the last time. Estimated cost of 100.00/load will place the need for contributions between 1500.00 and 2,000.00 for dirt from our racers and club members. Please contribute what you can as soon as possible...10-20-50-100-200-etc...It ALL adds up!

We completely understand if you are not able to contribute, however, IF YOU CAN, we will hold the funds seperately from the operating funds in the account specifically earmarked for the DIRT for the track build.

As of now, we have the funds to complete the driver's stand build....but any funds we use for it will take away from our dirt purchase from the club's funds. We have a framing company coming to help us NEXT SATURDAY July 30th. Our goal is to complete the driver's stand extension on that day. We need all the help we can get to make this happen. We will announce the start time as soon as we know when they want us to be there.

Please don't forget that we can accept credit cards through our PAYPAL ACCOUNT account address= [email protected]
We will also accept checks and of course CASH at the track

Step up and be a part of something BIG at Taylor Park RC Raceway. These are the final projects that will place our track solidly on the racing map in our region.

We are accepting FUNDS FOR DIRT...NOW! Please do what you can as soon as you can so we can keep this project on schedule

Thank you to those that have and will continue to support the track
ONC
Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Default ttt

Regular Club RACING this Saturday night...Heats Start at 7:00 pm

Driver's Stand Extension build this FRIDAY night beginning at 8:00 pm...Please feel free to come and lend a hand if you have the time.

Dirt Fund has begun, so contribute what you can when you can...the sooner we raise funds for additional dirt, the sooner we can rebuild with a NEW LAYOUT

see ya at the track

ONC
Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

How late in the year will we be running? November or so?

And how many throw outs do we get on the points races?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Schedule shows Nov 5th.

I believe you can drop 3.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Default ttt

Correct
Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, I see your expanding the track. Are you thinking about letting larger vehicles on the track too? Not trying to be a pain, just trying to find out if I should bring you some dirt money by the track tonight.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.