Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Oklahoma Racing
Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK >

Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK

Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK

Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had a great time at the track today altho I didnt get to run the track much due to trying to tune it for the track & I will admit that I sucked driving on the track, but I did get to run both my trucks on it. I think my XL did better on the track than my 21 but I did break 2 rear turnbuckle mounts, & stripped a few teeth on the center gear in my steering servo on the XL. Good thing I ordered integy rear hub carriers yesterday & was able to take apart the steering servo & fix it. All in all I had a good time. Sorry f I was running my trucks kinda slow & got in peoples way on the track. It was my first time running a track & I'm usually just a basher but I wouldnt mind coming out & trying to run again once I get some more upgrades done.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I started with a TMaxx back in 04 and went to a track. Within two weeks I had sold all my monster truck stuff and bought a 1/8 buggy.

Certain types of vehicles are good for racing and certain kinds for bashing.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 1/10 4wd buggy

anybody intrested in running 4wd buggy this year? Taylor Park would be a great 4wd buggy track. wide open and ready for major hp. will have mine next weekend to give it a whirl.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im gonna be coming to race for the first time as last weekend was ruined by an ignitor. i have a heavily modded revo and 8t 2.0 rr. I don't have many extra parts for the 8t yet so I wont be going big with it but my 2 revos will be looking to get some of that beating. Look out truggies revos are just as good IMO.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LSVTIEG View Post
I had a great time at the track today altho I didnt get to run the track much due to trying to tune it for the track & I will admit that I sucked driving on the track, but I did get to run both my trucks on it. I think my XL did better on the track than my 21 but I did break 2 rear turnbuckle mounts, & stripped a few teeth on the center gear in my steering servo on the XL. Good thing I ordered integy rear hub carriers yesterday & was able to take apart the steering servo & fix it. All in all I had a good time. Sorry f I was running my trucks kinda slow & got in peoples way on the track. It was my first time running a track & I'm usually just a basher but I wouldnt mind coming out & trying to run again once I get some more upgrades done.
Pretty sure you were the guy in the blue honda? I was about to ask if you needed some help with them savages. i can tune a motor pretty good but I have never ran or seen a savage up close b4. I had that red revo with red rpm arms. I got screwed when the ignitor i had failed and I didn't see it as the problem tell i got home.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

My biggest problem that day was breaking stuff. I broke 2 rear turnbuckle attatchments on the rear uprights. once on the right rear so I swapped it to the left rear then while testing a tune I cartwheeled & broke the left rear attatchment so both attatchments on that one side were broke. thats why I left but its fixed now. I replaced them with integy rear hub carriers so no more need for rear turnbuckles. And somewhere along the line my needles got all out of wack on the xl & I was spitting tons of fuel out the exhaust from being so rich. The msn had backed out a bit. I should have siliconed it when sealing the motor.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

This thread has been moved to

http://www.rctech.net/forum/oklahoma...12-season.html

Thank you
Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Race Director Search

We are looking for someone to be Race Director for Saturday afternoon off-road races and Sunday afternoon oval races. Depending on entries and your performance it pays $100 a night. ($100 for off-road and $100 for oval races.) To get full pay you must set-up scoring booth, take entries, set-up computer and set line-up, call races, and tear down scoring booth. There has to be 15 or more entries to pay RD. If interested contact Brad Smith or Dwayne Neider for details.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Friday Night Under the Lights Oval race this friday 5-30-14, races start at 7:30 track will be open at 5:30.

Off-road club race this Saturday 5-31-14, races start at 2:00 track will be open at 11:00. We are changing the start times starting next week to 5:00pm for both club and points races. See you this Saturday for 2pm start time.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When does your race season start?
Old 06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cameronspruill View Post
When does your race season start?
Our season has already started. We do have a schedule on our FB page at Oklahoma Nitro Club. Thank you for the interest.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Race Fans,
Rich and I are running the track again this year. We are looking forward to another great year with all of our friends and fellow racers. There are a lot of things in the works for Taylor Park this year. So keep an eye out for future posts!
Old 12-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Once we get the schedule together, we will be posting it on our Facebook site for Oklahoma Nitro Club.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:50 PM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 2016 Schedule

Wish you guys would hurry, I'm ready to race.
Everybody better bring there "A" game this year.
I made wholesale changes to my electronics.
No longer running Castle/Spektrum.
Now running Novak/Futaba.
Active 8 w/ 4PHD 4600kV/4PLS