Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Oklahoma Racing
Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK >

Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK

Taylor Park RC Raceway, Yukon OK

Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default details

Please feel free to post info like that...we all like to know what's going on in the region...

I've heard Timberline's event is a good one. Good luck Charlie!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Oklahoma Shootout

The ONC would like to extend a HUGE Thank You to all of our racers and track crew for an AWESOME day of racing!

The track took a nice groove after the first round of qualifying by our 2nd race with 100 entries! Once again, another great turnout by some of our regions fastest racers. Congratulations to all of the race winners and podium finishers. We all witnessed some great close racing action in all classes.

We would also like to extend a big Thank You to all of our event sponsors. Your support helps the track continue to grow and the ONC TRULY TRULY APPRECIATES OUR SPONSORS. We hope that you will think of them for your future RC business!

TWIN CITIES ELECTRIC, YUKON OK
HOUSE OF KAWASAKI, OKC OK

SPEKTRUM-LOSI-DYNAMITE
TRAXXAS
VP RACING FUELS
PR0-LINE RACING
ALPHA RACING ENGINES/RC PRO PRODUCTS
TEKIN RACING
STICK IT GRAPHICS
J-CONCEPTS
VIPER RACING
PT OILS AND LUBES
HUDY
MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS
KICKER
O'DONNELL RACING FUEL

Please take a moment to view some great photos and videos from the event. You can locate them on our PICTURES and VIDEOS link from the ONC website. Thank you to Gary Pershall and J.R. Selke for some great photography

The ONC would like to say "THANK YOU" to some great folks for your time and dedication to our track and hobby. The event was a great success thanks to your contributions to the race day

Patrick Espinoza-Volunteer Cornermarshall of the year!
Kellie Bruner-Awesome Grub all day long!
Gary Pershall/J.R. Selke Photography and videography
Rich Hollis/ Son Nguyen Race Directors/Announcers
Johnell Gaffney TRACK CREW
Dwayne Neider and ALL other volunteer cornermarshalls throughout the event

We look forward to the 3rd Annual event...who knows...maybe two days worth of racing next year!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MercyRev View Post
Please feel free to post info like that...we all like to know what's going on in the region...

I've heard Timberline's event is a good one. Good luck Charlie!
Thank you sir, I'm also planning to attend the second anual Short Course Shootout that runs along side the Chili Bowl Jr, in Tulsa. Gotta get my racing fix in over the winter.

http://www.heartlandrc.com/showthrea...ourse-Shootout
Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Want to send a THANK YOU to you folks at Taylor Park for the hospitality and great day of racing!!
Also, a special THANK YOU to Billy C. for the loaner radio and reciever so the kid could run!! Kid didn't place well, but, he did get to run his 1/8 eBuggy.

Jim
Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2012 Shootout at Chili Bowl Jr signups

Jason
I asked where to sign up for this race on Adams Creek's fourm. This is the answer I got.

Signups will happen the night of the race. As soon as the oval finishes for the day we will open the track for practice and signups.

Hope this helps. I wonder what happens when 500 of us show up wanting to race? Will we race till 8:00 am?
Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by upDUHcreek View Post
Jason
I asked where to sign up for this race on Adams Creek's fourm. This is the answer I got.

Signups will happen the night of the race. As soon as the oval finishes for the day we will open the track for practice and signups.

Hope this helps. I wonder what happens when 500 of us show up wanting to race? Will we race till 8:00 am?
If 500 really do show up...several of us will jump in and help get you ready to go....that's kinda how we do things, we help where needed. Plus, that would be an awesome show for that many to sign up!!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Default End of Season Party!

Racers...

after checking with many many locations...our end of season party will be held at PIZZA HUT in Yukon

Pizza Hut #022157 is located at
1620 Garth Brooks Blvd.
Yukon, OK 73099
(405) 324-7722
They have ALL LARGE PIZZA'S WITH ANY TOPPINGS FOR 10.00 EACH and of course, sandwiches, wings and all the pasta etc that they normally offer.

They do sell Bud/Bud Lt on tap. All bills will be seperate for anyone that wants to eat or drink. We have the room from 7pm until ?

We will be handing out the PLAQUES and PRIZES for the Taylor Park RC Raceway Points Championship...5 Plaques in each class!

Please feel free to bring family and guests to this event, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

See you next week!

ONC
Old 10-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pinion gear

i dont know if this is the rite thread to post this on ? i need a pinion gear 15or 16t AE for a 1/8 motor if somrone in the okc area has one please let me know would like to buy it trying to get my rc8be running and with competition rc not open yet kinda hard to find parts without ordering some .
call or text 4052451754 thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

I picked up some AE pinion gears at OK hobbies and RC the other day for my SC10 4x4. They fit a 5 mm shaft, I don't know if that's the same ones your looking for. I think he might only have up to 14 tooth in stock. I'm shure he'll order any thing you're looking for. Just make shure you have the AE part number when you call him, he's usually pretty busy and that makes it much easier for him to look it up and order it. Once he orders it for you, he'll keep some in stock for when you need some more.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 2WD SC Limitations

Can someone tell me what this means? " (13.5 or rtr brushless motor limit-2cell max)"

I figured out 13.5 turns, but my motors aren't spec'd like that. I have brushless motors rated rpm/V, like I have a reedy 3300, and a castle 6900. I run 2 cell lipos only, not 3 or higher, so does that mean both motors I have are ok as long as I don't use more than 2 cell lipos? I have some 7 cell NiMh batteries too, but they wont go as long as the lipos.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Default motors

hmmm..I am certainly no electric expert...but according the the info at Amain...it shows that the castle 6900 is comparable to a 6t brushed motor. This would be too fast for the stock 2wd SC class. The 4wd class is unlimited motor limit, but will have a 2s battery limit next season. You can run the 7 cell nimh packs or 2s lipo packs in the stock 2wd SC class as well.

The reedy 3300 shows to have 6100kV w/ 2S LiPo. Again, I am not sure how that converts to turns, but the most we allow is the stock RTR brushless motors that come with the Associated rtr, which is close to a 10T motor, but we allow it because it is a RTR truck and comes with the truck. If I had to guess, you would be ok with this motor, but we can get you a firm answer before the season opens again. You can also check with Oklahoma Hobbies and Rc, or Competition RC locally and see if they can help you out.

Jason
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Sorry.. random..
Hi, I heard there was a losi dealer in Yukon behind joe cooper and he sells fuels and other stuff from his house.. anyone know how to get hold of him? Email? #? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

That might be the guy who owns Mojo Hobbies in Altus. From what I've heard, he lives somewhere in Yukon.

[email protected]
Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Joe Madore, you can call me at 405-990-3990
Old 01-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default newbie

I new to all this my name is LJ i live here in yukon and ive always wanted a nitro rc now that im 28 and a dad i figured this would probably be the only way i could race. So how can i get started on a budget? And does anyone have any handme down stuff for sale?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.