R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Ohio Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/ohio-racing-169/)
-   -   Top Gun RC Racing, a group located in sw Ohio (https://www.rctech.net/forum/ohio-racing/943229-top-gun-rc-racing-group-located-sw-ohio.html)

FunStuff 05-12-2016 02:42 PM

Top Gun RC Racing, a group located in sw Ohio

Hi. I thought I would put this up in the Ohio racing section of RCTech. We are an informal group of racers that primarily race at The Hobby Shop parking lot track in Miamisburg when the weather cooperates and at Access Hobbies in Springfield when the weather is bad and when outdoor racing is over in the fall. The outdoor track at the Hobby Shop is an onroad track with small jumps for the SCT classes. At Access hobbies it's an indoor onroad carpet track with no jumps. Lots of fun running big SCT's on this track. Both of these hobby shops have web sites.

Top Gun RC Racing also has a Facebook page

I'm hoping that people that don't know about these 2 places to race will stop by and check them out. After all the more people that race the better it is for our sport.

Have a great day,
Richard

FunStuff 05-14-2016 04:13 AM

Well, it's Sat morning and I have to decide where to race. Really want to race outdoors but the temp looks like mid fifties after the rain, hopefully, moves out. Guess I'll pack everything so I can race outdoors or indoors. Main thing is to be racing someplace!

Richard

FunStuff 05-15-2016 03:48 AM

Had a good practice day at Access Hobbies. We didn't have enough people to race so I worked on equipment and had some fun practice with the 2 other SCT guys there. Joe was working on some F1 cars. Those cars really look great running on the track. Makes me want to get one just to practice with.

Richard

FunStuff 05-20-2016 07:16 AM

120 views and no comments. I have to take that to mean nobody that viewed this thread is interested in racing at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg or at Access Hobbies in Springfield. Very sad but our hobby seems to be dieing a slow death.

Giant655 05-26-2016 08:55 AM

Not everyone is a fan of SCT. Both of those tracks are primarily on road. Not to mention the hacking crashing stigma surrounding the class as well. Sorry.

FunStuff 05-28-2016 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Giant655 (Post 14545382)
Not everyone is a fan of SCT. Both of those tracks are primarily on road. Not to mention the hacking crashing stigma surrounding the class as well. Sorry.

Yeah, I can understand that. The SCT 4wd open class is probably the roughest class in rc racing. And yes, the Hobby Shop and Access are both on road with very small jumps for SCT's. I just thought there would be more interest. Maybe the number of people in the area that want to race on road isn't that great.

Richard