R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Ohio Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/ohio-racing-169/)
-   -   rc factory info (https://www.rctech.net/forum/ohio-racing/908962-rc-factory-info.html)

bryangrizzlyohi 01-26-2016 06:54 AM

rc factory info

im trying to get some info on classes for electric off road.. me the finace niece an nephew wanna race. I understand they have stock classes.. im thinking for the fiancé niece an nephew, on getting them the team associated brushed sct, an im wanting to either go brushless sct or brushless buggy the team associated rc10b4.2... now do these models work into a class they have, or would I need to make any changes. gonna buy the rtr models an up grade as we go an grow more into the hobby.

TheRickster 01-29-2016 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by bryangrizzlyohi (Post 14364189)
im trying to get some info on classes for electric off road.. me the finace niece an nephew wanna race. I understand they have stock classes.. im thinking for the fiancé niece an nephew, on getting them the team associated brushed sct, an im wanting to either go brushless sct or brushless buggy the team associated rc10b4.2... now do these models work into a class they have, or would I need to make any changes. gonna buy the rtr models an up grade as we go an grow more into the hobby.

Pretty much everyone locally uses facebook for our local chat talk. The buggy will be ok to start with but you'll quickly outgrow the included rtr electrics. You'll race in the modified classes with an out of the box setup, stock isn't really stock. It's just a limited 17.5 turn motor class that is super spec. So most people that race in it are rather serious and you'd need a whole new motor and esc just to race in it, let alone feeling competitive.

You'll be fine with an RTR to get started, I'd look into a non rtr for yourself if you're confident you'll like it. The motors and ESC for RTR cars often aren't quality pieces and you could usually buy a cheaper non branded version of the same gear for a lot cheaper. You also get a lot more hop ups on the kit versions that will make racing easier in the long run.

I'd even look at used setups as if you do change your mind you can likely sell it and get the majority of your money back as well. This would be especially good for the younger ones.

There is also a decent 2wd SCT following there. I'm semi competitive with my sc10rs rtr. (I had to switch out the electrics the first 3 months I owned it) the truck isn't really what I feel is holding me back either, but it's a lot better than the brushed version. Your best bet would be to come out and see a race on a Sunday, they have an on site hobby shop as well and Nick that runs that can order pretty much anything you'd need.

Also to answer more directly they run the normal classes

2wd buggy, 2wd stock buggy, 2wd pro2/mod sct, 8th scale e buggy, as well as seperate days for nitro in winter, and 4wd sct and 4wd 10th buggies.

2wd mod buggy, pro 2, and the 8th scale classes are generally the biggest showings.