Like Tree5Likes

Cincinnati area racing

Old 11-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cincinnati needs a revival in places to run. What happened?
burnnitro likes this.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

seems like no one likes to keep one up and running. this city sucks. I heard the guy running the track in sharonville was a drug addict so that's why it closed. not sure if it's true but I heard it from more than 1 person.
if you like onroad I believe the guys have a indoor and outdoor track out at hamilton co fairgrounds. it's the guys who used to run next door to batavia raceway. but they give me the feeling they don't want new faces. and all these guys never tell anyone or advertise their track. no one knows they exist unless your buddy is one of them.
it's no wonder they all fail. facebook is not advertisement. sorry but it's a dead platform most of us have moved on. it doesn't dawn on any of them to put up flyers or cards at the local hobby stores. this is why I always get the feeling they really dont want new people showing up.
there was a really nice guy that owned a hobby shop down in KY that was gonna open a track but something happened to that too. probably wouldn't have lasted. the people in cincinnati are weirdo's and sit in the house 24/7.

Last edited by burnnitro; 11-20-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by burnnitro View Post
seems like no one likes to keep one up and running. this city sucks. I heard the guy running the track in sharonville was a drug addict so that's why it closed. not sure if it's true but I heard it from more than 1 person.
if you like onroad I believe the guys have a indoor and outdoor track out at hamilton co fairgrounds. it's the guys who used to run next door to batavia raceway. but they give me the feeling they don't want new faces. and all these guys never tell anyone or advertise their track. no one knows they exist unless your buddy is one of them.
it's no wonder they all fail. facebook is not advertisement. sorry but it's a dead platform most of us have moved on. it doesn't dawn on any of them to put up flyers or cards at the local hobby stores. this is why I always get the feeling they really dont want new people showing up.
there was a really nice guy that owned a hobby shop down in KY that was gonna open a track but something happened to that too. probably wouldn't have lasted. the people in cincinnati are weirdo's and sit in the house 24/7.
I do not believe the guy that ran the Sharonville track was a drug addict. I knew him well. It just got to be too much for him to maintain. It wasn't his primary job. He made no money. It's tough to dedicate time, energy and your own money to something when the returns are little.

I also do not believe that the folks at Queen City do not want new faces. There have been quite a few new faces this year and we all seem to be having quite a bit of fun doing it. Could they advertise a bit more? Sure. But I've also helped them create a Facebook page that seems to get a decent amount of traffic. Sorry if Facebook is not your platform or if you or others believe it to be passe. But it has served us well thus far.

It has been tough to keep tracks open in the Cincinnati area, I agree wholeheartedly. But opening, running and maintaining a track typically is a money losing effort. There are a lot of things that need to line up just right in order to make it work and to make a little bit of money. In the long run, it's just not worth it. Sad, but true.

This weirdo will be at Queen City on Sunday, racing at and supporting the local track.
Killerb68 likes this.

Last edited by rtebbe; 12-13-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtebbe View Post
I do not believe the guy that ran the Sharonville track was a drug addict. I knew him well. It just got to be too much for him to maintain. It wasn't his primary job. He made no money. It's tough to dedicate time, energy and your own money to something when the returns are little.

I also do not believe that the folks at Queen City do not want new faces. There have been quite a few new faces this year and we all seem to be having quite a bit of fun doing it. Could they advertise a bit more? Sure. But I've also helped them create a Facebook page that seems to get a decent amount of traffic. Sorry if Facebook is not your platform or if you or others believe it to be passe. But it has served us well thus far.

It has been tough to keep tracks open in the Cincinnati area, I agree wholeheartedly. But opening, running and maintaining a track typically is a money losing effort. There are a lot of things that need to line up just right in order to make it work and to make a little bit of money. In the long run, it's just not worth it. Sad, but true.

This weirdo will be at Queen City on Sunday, racing at and supporting the local track.
I"d like to start racing there, but am a newb to carpet cars. what would be a good class and car to look into?
Old 12-26-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
I"d like to start racing there, but am a newb to carpet cars. what would be a good class and car to look into?
The Traxxas 4tec 2.0 is a more affordable way to get into it. This is not to say they are slow, either. They're not. They're actually quite fast. Another good class is USVTA, vintage trans am racing. Any touring car chassis. Protoform VTA tires. 25.5 motor. This is a fun class, but might be a little more investment up front.

Here's a link to more info for USVTA: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rule...s6-10-2018.pdf

Also, if you are on Facebook, look up Queen City RC Raceway Community. Can ask more info there.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rtebbe View Post
The Traxxas 4tec 2.0 is a more affordable way to get into it. This is not to say they are slow, either. They're not. They're actually quite fast. Another good class is USVTA, vintage trans am racing. Any touring car chassis. Protoform VTA tires. 25.5 motor. This is a fun class, but might be a little more investment up front.

Also, if you are on Facebook, look up Queen City RC Raceway Community. Can ask more info there.
I'll also chime in here (as a weirdo who also races at QCRC) that you will find a lot of us willing to help. I know I was welcomed with open arms last year and have created some awesome friendships with people I never would have met if it weren't for QCRC. Totally agree that 4tec, and VTA are great intro classes. VTA might cost a little more but if you aren't concerned about the entry cost, you'll learn more with VTA. If you just want to throw a car on the track and not concern yourself with setup so much, then 4tec is perfect. I will throw one more class into the mix that is great for beginners, the 12GT class that our track runs. The class is cheap, easy to get into, and is a good blend (as far as worrying about setup) between VTA and 4tec because we run fixed motors, gearing, and tires. My advice, come on down to the track on Sunday, racing starts at noon. Walk through the doors and go straight. Any of us there will show you are cars and you can see the various classes in person.
rtebbe and Killerb68 like this.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:10 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey folks, just an FYI. The process of opening up the track at QCRC in Cincinnati has begun. Last Sunday we got things organized and cleaned up. This coming Sunday we will be making some repairs to the racing surface. After that, we have some special guests coming in to lay out the track with us. Keep an eye out here and on our FB page for updates!
Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

can we get a post of what classes they will be running? once again I am looking for a few guys to run 21.5 tc or usgt? If possible some 17.5 also lets get this going!
Old 10-16-2019, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Special secret guests hmmm ! How intriguing.
JC3 likes this.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Guess your not going to tell us who your special guests are. Since u didn't respond to my first post. But they can't be to special since I wasn't invited. Lol
Old 10-17-2019, 01:11 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redmonster27 View Post
Guess your not going to tell us who your special guests are. Since u didn't respond to my first post. But they can't be to special since I wasn't invited. Lol
Well, I couldn't remember the other guys name so I didn't respond. lol They won't be special to you since you probably know them. Livermore and maybe Ward and Miller.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

What days do you all race? what classes do people like to race in? are there any major race's being offered by this track this season. I have moved in between cincinnati and dayton ohio and I am looking for other tracks to learn and race at.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:04 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
What days do you all race? what classes do people like to race in? are there any major race's being offered by this track this season. I have moved in between cincinnati and dayton ohio and I am looking for other tracks to learn and race at.
We race on Sundays. Track opens at 9am and first race around 11:30am. We have all of the usual classes. Including 21 TC if enough people show up. I don't know the schedule for any other races but the schedule is in the process of firming up with races to be announced.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

how many people came out this sunday? what class raced or practiced? is there anyone i can contact since I would like to start coming down since i have sundays off from work.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
how many people came out this sunday? what class raced or practiced? is there anyone i can contact since I would like to start coming down since i have sundays off from work.
We had roughly 30 entries between 7 classes. VTA, USGT, 17.5 TC, 1/12 17.5, 1/10 GT, 4Tec, and Euro Truck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.