Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Ohio Racing
Why aren't there anymore tracks in ohio >

Why aren't there anymore tracks in ohio

Why aren't there anymore tracks in ohio

Old 03-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The 2 places I run are Red Mosquito in Batavia/Cincinnati and NORCAR/The Gate in Brunswick. I'd love to see more carpet tracks in the area. I used to go to Access in Springfield, but they only got 3-4 touring cars on a race day.

Ohiofordfan, there are rubber classes, too. 1/12 and WGT run foam (and I'm not sure they're going through tires like you think), but USGT and touring run rubber tires. I go months on a single set. It's far better money-wise than dirt in my opinion. There are 3 main rubber tires to run around here and that's pretty much it (WGT has one tire period). Not like dirt where you have 4 different tread patterns in 3 different compounds. Plus you can get a whole set of tires for the cost of 1 pair of dirt tires. I've found it to be cheaper to run carpet than when I ran dirt.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah ever price 1/8 scale buggy tires and wheels? right around $75 for good ones.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing View Post
yeah ever price 1/8 scale buggy tires and wheels? right around $75 for good ones.
I ran 1/8 off road for a short time. Tire prices were killing me.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

So we all agree that carpet is cheaper! So why do people start off in dirt? Really annoying cause the last time i checked i practiced last Saturday all day from noon to 9pm and only hand to buy one set of foam wgt tires. My tc tires are 27 bucks for 4 and we mainly run sweeps or jaco blues. @ klaymon saturday come down ill even pay your practice fee we have alot more tc guys now.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

I'm planning on stopping over soon. Saturdays are tough right now, but I want to get over there.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Dang man we have 5 to 10 tc cars tomorrow. I will say as much as i hate rubber tire tc its cheaper then foam any day. Plus i broke down a bought a tc again. So bring yo butt and turn some laps the more the better. Plus right now the tracks great its open and its fast, fast lap in wgt on low to mid bite is 7.1 to 7.6.