Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Ohio Racing
Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati OH 2013/2014 >

Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati OH 2013/2014

Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati OH 2013/2014

Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Red Mosquito raceway in Batavia/Cincinnati OH 2013/2014

The start to the 2013/2014 racing season is here so I have decided to start a new thread.

A few changes are coming to RMR in the next few weeks. This opening weekend will have the debut of the new sweeper. This is going to make racing really exciting and hopefully more friendly to racers cars.

As for any new changes to rules here is the brief list of what I expect to be followed by racers. Now I am not a rule "Nazi" and want the racers to police them selves. If something gets out of hand I will handle it. In the end I want people to race and have fun.

USGT will be required to run a treaded tire, no more Solaris.

UF1, F1 will run under UF1 rules including Pardus tires which I have in stock.

17.5 TC will stick to Jaco blues only. I have these in stock too.

The D3.5 motor will be allowed to run in any class. I didn't want to force people to buy new motors just to race.

As always please post your questions and comments here!

Monti & Angela
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

From the sounds of it, looks like there will be a good crowd for opening weekend September 1st! Guys from Lexington, Columbus, and Indy are already planning on coming.

USGT
17.5 TC
F1

Seem to be the hot classes everyone is talking about!

Monti
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I like the treaded tire rule for USGT (it's the way the class is written anyway), but I don't really get the Jaco-only thing for TC. With treaded tires for USGT, there are more than one treaded tire to choose from. Different compounds, different manufacturers, different tread patterns. Granted, most will use the HPI X Pattern, but at least there are choices. I don't see the point in hamstringing the TC class with one skin. And for that matter, I think it's the worst of the 3 main ones I see used, personally speaking of course.

Just my opinion. I'll still be down to race of course.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I agree with laymon, 17.5 is not a spec class and never has been. I get trying to keep cost down and keep it fair but this is not the class to do it in, there are vta and usgt classes for the budget racer and the spec racing enthusiasts. One of the big parts of being a good 17.5 racer is having the proper equipment and know how to setup your can and to choose the best compound for the track as it changes. I also have to agree jaco blues are one of the worst tires I have ran, they don't last as long and have really weak wheels that bend and also cost more then almost every other tire out there. Also you are letting people run D3.5 so they don't have to buy a motor, well most of us have way more then 90 bucks that a motor cost in tires sitting in our bag and now we are being forced to buy new tires that we don't have and buy ones a lot of us don't want. If 17.5 is getting spec tires why not 1/12 scale as well?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Keith and Brad,

I hear and respect your points. The main thing is that I am not going to go crazy about this. Even if I tried to convince you of my opinion "those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still". If you guys feel you need to run another brand of tires, that's fine with me. I would rather have you racing than worry about what tires you are running. I do ask that you make sure that you run a "reasonable tire compound". What I mean by this is not to run take off 22's or similar, please keep it to the normal solaris med, sweep 32 range of tires.

Thanks guys,

See you Sunday!

Monti
Old 08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

FYI this SUNDAY only we will open at 9 AM and start racing at NOON!

Monti
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Keith and Brad,

I hear and respect your points. The main thing is that I am not going to go crazy about this. Even if I tried to convince you of my opinion "those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still". If you guys feel you need to run another brand of tires, that's fine with me. I would rather have you racing than worry about what tires you are running. I do ask that you make sure that you run a "reasonable tire compound". What I mean by this is not to run take off 22's or similar, please keep it to the normal solaris med, sweep 32 range of tires.

Thanks guys,

See you Sunday!

Monti
I know I can speak for Brad, Ron Westkamp and myself and say that we've only run "reasonable" tires. My choice is usually Sweep 32 and Solaris. I'm not familiar with the 22 take offs or whatever they are.

I will run the Jacos because that is the rule. I just wanted to see if there was something behind the rule. It just seemed kind of arbitrary because I don't recall hearing any complaints/concerns from you or racers about tire choices last season. And I can be convinced, I'm not a total hard head.

Please know that I'm not trying to stir up shit. I'm just looking to understand. It's your track and I am your guest.

See you Sunday.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by klaymon View Post
I know I can speak for Brad, Ron Westkamp and myself and say that we've only run "reasonable" tires. My choice is usually Sweep 32 and Solaris. I'm not familiar with the 22 take offs or whatever they are.

I will run the Jacos because that is the rule. I just wanted to see if there was something behind the rule. It just seemed kind of arbitrary because I don't recall hearing any complaints/concerns from you or racers about tire choices last season. And I can be convinced, I'm not a total hard head.

Please know that I'm not trying to stir up shit. I'm just looking to understand. It's your track and I am your guest.

See you Sunday.

Keith,

I know you are not trying to stir anything up. And I am really fine with you guys running solaris med or sweep 32's, what ever you feel works best.

One reason to have the Jaco as the "prefered" tire is that I can offer them at a decent price (cheaper than any one on line). It also puts everyone on a level playing field and will help if any one who is not a regular to RMR know what to expect to run. Most races use Jaco blues as the hand out tire or at least offer it as a choice. I have talked to a lot of people on this and it's was not made at random. Several guys have praised the idea too. So like most things in life there is a differeance of opinion. We can also discuss this more on Sunday as well.

I do know that depending on what race I am going to in the future (Roar nationals, IIC, snowbirds ect) that I am going to use what ever the hand out tire will be during racing. So again it's okay to run another brand, I just want to let other racers know what is typically expected to be run at RMR. And offer/stock a tire at a good price to the racers who support RMR.

Monti
Old 08-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

One final note for the next few weeks (untill the weather cools off) it will be wise to bring a fan for your pit area.

Please pass the word!

Monti
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Keith,

I know you are not trying to stir anything up. And I am really fine with you guys running solaris med or sweep 32's, what ever you feel works best.

One reason to have the Jaco as the "prefered" tire is that I can offer them at a decent price (cheaper than any one on line). It also puts everyone on a level playing field and will help if any one who is not a regular to RMR know what to expect to run. Most races use Jaco blues as the hand out tire or at least offer it as a choice. I have talked to a lot of people on this and it's was not made at random. Several guys have praised the idea too. So like most things in life there is a differeance of opinion. We can also discuss this more on Sunday as well.

I do know that depending on what race I am going to in the future (Roar nationals, IIC, snowbirds ect) that I am going to use what ever the hand out tire will be during racing. So again it's okay to run another brand, I just want to let other racers know what is typically expected to be run at RMR. And offer/stock a tire at a good price to the racers who support RMR.

Monti
Fair enough. I do know that a lot of big races have spec tires but I've just not seen it at a club level, that's all.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm good with Jaco Blue as a spec tire - they are a reasonable balance of performance and wear.

Also, thanks for offering them at a low-low price. Any savings is a bonus that I will end up spending on something else. sweet! more stuff!

Any plans for cat drags this year? I am looking for a good claw setup.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

From the sounds of it, looks like there will be a good crowd for opening weekend September 1st! Guys from Lexington, Columbus, and Indy are already planning on coming.

USGT
17.5 TC
F1

Seem to be the hot classes everyone is talking about!

Monti
thought for sure we'd see you up at leisure hours last sunday, about 20 17.5s with at least 10 in your speedzone.

anyway, hope there are some vta's showing at RMR as well. it seems to be a well represented class around the country and i know last year you welcomed us as we ran a dozen times at RMR including your roar race.

chuck p., i think i am ready for you this year, no more holding back on your part,vta!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ballsagna View Post

Any plans for cat drags this year? I am looking for a good claw setup.
Right now the cat drags are being suspended due to catnip doping and PED allegations from the Russians.

Originally Posted by regets ama View Post
thought for sure we'd see you up at leisure hours last sunday, about 20 17.5s with at least 10 in your speedzone.

anyway, hope there are some vta's showing at RMR as well. it seems to be a well represented class around the country and i know last year you welcomed us as we ran a dozen times at RMR including your roar race.

chuck p., i think i am ready for you this year, no more holding back on your part,vta!
I would have liked to make it but I was really busy getting the track ready.

VTA will be strong as always I am sure!

Monti
Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Suspended

who is racing sunday.

that is all.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Good to be back on the redrug. Only took a few rounds to lay down a groove and the new, smooth sweeper was as good as advertised.

Great work Monti!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service