Wiki Posts
Search

Cincinnati area question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Cincinnati area question.

When picking a new car one of the biggest suggestions I always read is "part supplies and whats available" So what is the most commonly stocked brands for nitro 1/8 buggies in most shops in the area? I'd like to order a XB9 or MP9 but hate to get one if I always have to order parts.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Alot of people carry kcar parts. plus with only the factory running nitro inside i know they can get kyosho parts.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there's nowhere in cincy that will stock parts for any popular 1/8 scale that I know of.
ordering online isn't all that bad.
sometimes I only wait a 2-3 days for stuff.

letting them order it isn't that bad either. you might pay about the same with shipping but you have to go pick it up. often they can get the stuff in a day or two.

if you come out to batavia raceway they have some 1/8 scale tires and rims. you'll want to get hot bodies megabites or any brand that is like those in super soft compounds to run there. hobby villa in N KY has AKA tires/rims too.
Hobby town usa also has a decent selection of rims and tires.

but that's about all there is for name brand 1/8 buggy stuff.

the racer crowd only makes up around 10% of the rc market. that's why its so hard to find stuff locally. I've heard the nitro crowds in cincy are small also. if you really want a 1/8 scale I think ebuggy is the better option if you plan on racing a lot.
or you'll have to drive all the way up to jefforsonville(about 1.5 hrs from cincy) to the RC Factory(indoor open all year, runs nitros), Kings raceway(outdoors summer only), clinton county rc raceway in wilmington. but they're kind of lame. you have to have a membership.

batavia raceway is pretty much the only track within reasonable distance to race 1/8 scale but it has to be electric. so mains etc are like 5-10 min. but you don't need a pit man for it

also wanted to give a shout out to the guys from Rockfield raceway in sharonville. cool track also but too small for 1/8 scale.

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 01-03-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I like to buy cars that do not have parts at the hobby shop. That's easy to do since they don't carry to much 1/8 scale. That way I don't feel guilty about getting my stuff cheaper online. I do buy stuff at the hobby shop for my toys but not for the racers unless it's fluids or something like that. Buy what you want and you'll be happier.
No membership needed at either track mentioned before. You can run any race day they are open. Clinton county had a membership for practice while they were closed. The only thing that is lame is an electric only track.

Last edited by ohiofordfan; 01-29-2014 at 09:01 PM.